Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    well that explains that...

It was definitely, er... of its time, let’s say.

It's not a slapstick comedy. The 80s show had 130 episodes and a two hour tv movie plus two spin-offs silverhawks and tigersharks.

There was a more adult reboot version in the 2000s.

The 80s intro.

Last edited by Gaastra; 01-21-2020 at 02:38 PM.

2000s didn't have a full intro. Here's a fan intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    well that explains that...
    Meaning?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It was definitely, er... of its time, let’s say.
    From my (very limited experience), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the few things of that time that's watchable today.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's not a slapstick comedy. The 80s show had 130 episodes and a two hour tv movie plus two spin-offs silverhawks and tigersharks.

There was a more adult reboot version in the 2000s.
    What's wrong with taking the franchise is a more comedic direction? It's not like it invalidates any of the previous takes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

What's wrong with taking the franchise is a more comedic direction? It's not like it invalidates any of the previous takes.
    For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult. Plus kids today are going to grow up thinking thundercats is a dumb as dirt teen titans go rip-off with a screaming dumb as dirt lion-o, a mumm-ra that reads newspapers on the john and other dumb things. Also it's like this. Say there was no star wars anything in 15 years then when you get one it's a spoof show with burping and dumb as dirt leads with ugly troll faces in the gumball art that is getting a big backlash right now as they keep using it in everything and that's all you get! Star wars fans would be ticked. It didn't help they killed the last thundercats due to low toy sales and not show ratings.

If they had a real thundercats show along with the funny one it would not get as much hate. I can't see the dislikes for the video I posted for some reason but from another site it's nasty! From another site it's 9.3k dislikes. The first video was so hated it was yanked of off youtube!

If you like it that's fine. Enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. I did give it a chance and hated it but nothing wrong if you like it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-22-2020 at 06:10 AM.

Astonishing Member

For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult. Plus kids today are going to grow up thinking thundercats is a dumb as dirt teen titans go rip-off with a screaming dumb as dirt lion-o, a mumm-ra that reads newspapers on the john and other dumb things. Also it's like this. Say there was no star wars anything in 15 years then when you get one it's a spoof show with burping and dumb as dirt leads with ugly troll faces in the gumball art that is getting a big backlash right now as they keep using it in everything and that's all you get! Star wars fans would be ticked. It didn't help they killed the last thundercats due to low toy sales and not show ratings.

If they had a real thundercats show along with the funny one it would not get as much hate. I can't see the dislikes for the video I posted for some reason but from another site it's nasty! From another site it's 9.3k dislikes. The first video was so hated it was yanked of off youtube!

If you like it that's fine. Enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. I did give it a chance and hated it but nothing wrong if you like it.
    The problem is for fans of the original show, that show is from 35 years ago, so those fans either have to be late 30s to early 40s or they are in mid-20s and getting mad over a show that existed and went off the air long before they were born and either way, it really comes off as silly to get mad at this show for ''disrespecting'' the original if you are in either of those camps. This seems like the alt-right getting mad at the new She-Ra cartoon because the character model was not pretty enough for them.

BANNED

For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult.
    what's a "real thundercats show?" I mean was Thundercats ever actually cool before the 2011 series?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    what's a "real thundercats show?" I mean was Thundercats ever actually cool before the 2011 series?
    Aside from Snarf, yes.

Astonishing Member

From my (very limited experience), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the few things of that time that's watchable today.
    That was seriously the one of the worst of it's time.

For an 80's cartoon? I'd say yes.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

All of those are literally three of the best shows CN has ever done. When did people start assuming these were not good shows? If this is anything like those 3 examples it is probably a good show.

Oh wait, I am on CBR though.....
    Like I said, they're crazy popular and have tons of fans...they're just not my thing and that's more than okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That was seriously the one of the worst of it's time.
    I really beg to differ, the animation still stands out as superior to shows like He-Man, Thundercats and GI Joe and the stories told didn't have that typical 80's moral of the day type of story...they were just good ninja turtle stories. I mean, I loved both He-Man and Thundercats but I've re-watched them and in both cases outside of the first few episodes that set up the premise both got old and repetitive real fast and that never happened with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which is probably why the Turtles were on the air for like ten years while the others fizzled out.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-22-2020 at 12:50 PM.

I liked the new takes and looking forward to seeing more of it. Always been a big Thundercats fan so to see it back in any form is really neat.

... let it be whatever it becomes for the younger kids (clearly aimed at). Superhero Girls, Lego Marvel, Lego DC, Preschool Marvel online shorts, etc., any sort of Intellectual Property is going to potentially revised in various forms.

I hope that there are comics produced soon that are more "traditional". New continuity or older.