Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 196 to 210 of 210
  1. #196
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,890

    Default

    For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  2. #197

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    well that explains that...

  3. #198
    Incredible Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    982

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    It was definitely, er... of its time, let’s say.

  4. #199
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    For all the angst over it, it actually looks pretty good (never saw anything with the original and have never wanted to, though).
    It's not a slapstick comedy. The 80s show had 130 episodes and a two hour tv movie plus two spin-offs silverhawks and tigersharks.

    There was a more adult reboot version in the 2000s.

    The 80s intro.

    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-21-2020 at 02:38 PM.

  5. #200
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    2000s didn't have a full intro. Here's a fan intro.


  6. #201
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    6,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    well that explains that...
    Meaning?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    It was definitely, er... of its time, let’s say.
    From my (very limited experience), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the few things of that time that's watchable today.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    It's not a slapstick comedy. The 80s show had 130 episodes and a two hour tv movie plus two spin-offs silverhawks and tigersharks.

    There was a more adult reboot version in the 2000s.
    What's wrong with taking the franchise is a more comedic direction? It's not like it invalidates any of the previous takes.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  7. #202
    Astonishing Member Gaastra's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,106

    Default

    What's wrong with taking the franchise is a more comedic direction? It's not like it invalidates any of the previous takes.
    For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult. Plus kids today are going to grow up thinking thundercats is a dumb as dirt teen titans go rip-off with a screaming dumb as dirt lion-o, a mumm-ra that reads newspapers on the john and other dumb things. Also it's like this. Say there was no star wars anything in 15 years then when you get one it's a spoof show with burping and dumb as dirt leads with ugly troll faces in the gumball art that is getting a big backlash right now as they keep using it in everything and that's all you get! Star wars fans would be ticked. It didn't help they killed the last thundercats due to low toy sales and not show ratings.

    If they had a real thundercats show along with the funny one it would not get as much hate. I can't see the dislikes for the video I posted for some reason but from another site it's nasty! From another site it's 9.3k dislikes. The first video was so hated it was yanked of off youtube!

    If you like it that's fine. Enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. I did give it a chance and hated it but nothing wrong if you like it.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 01-22-2020 at 06:10 AM.

  8. #203
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult. Plus kids today are going to grow up thinking thundercats is a dumb as dirt teen titans go rip-off with a screaming dumb as dirt lion-o, a mumm-ra that reads newspapers on the john and other dumb things. Also it's like this. Say there was no star wars anything in 15 years then when you get one it's a spoof show with burping and dumb as dirt leads with ugly troll faces in the gumball art that is getting a big backlash right now as they keep using it in everything and that's all you get! Star wars fans would be ticked. It didn't help they killed the last thundercats due to low toy sales and not show ratings.

    If they had a real thundercats show along with the funny one it would not get as much hate. I can't see the dislikes for the video I posted for some reason but from another site it's nasty! From another site it's 9.3k dislikes. The first video was so hated it was yanked of off youtube!

    If you like it that's fine. Enjoy. There's nothing wrong with that. I did give it a chance and hated it but nothing wrong if you like it.
    The problem is for fans of the original show, that show is from 35 years ago, so those fans either have to be late 30s to early 40s or they are in mid-20s and getting mad over a show that existed and went off the air long before they were born and either way, it really comes off as silly to get mad at this show for ''disrespecting'' the original if you are in either of those camps. This seems like the alt-right getting mad at the new She-Ra cartoon because the character model was not pretty enough for them.

  9. #204
    all cops are bastards Elmo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Sesame Street
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    For fans waiting a decade for a new show it's a insult.
    what's a "real thundercats show?" I mean was Thundercats ever actually cool before the 2011 series?
    i'm always online and i'm nice on there

  10. #205
    Wrath of a God Xero Kaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    604

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    what's a "real thundercats show?" I mean was Thundercats ever actually cool before the 2011 series?
    Aside from Snarf, yes.

  11. #206
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,006

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    From my (very limited experience), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is one of the few things of that time that's watchable today.
    That was seriously the one of the worst of it's time.

  12. #207
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    47,580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    what's a "real thundercats show?" I mean was Thundercats ever actually cool before the 2011 series?
    For an 80's cartoon? I'd say yes.

  13. #208
    Mighty Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,762

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    All of those are literally three of the best shows CN has ever done. When did people start assuming these were not good shows? If this is anything like those 3 examples it is probably a good show.

    Oh wait, I am on CBR though.....
    Like I said, they're crazy popular and have tons of fans...they're just not my thing and that's more than okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    That was seriously the one of the worst of it's time.
    I really beg to differ, the animation still stands out as superior to shows like He-Man, Thundercats and GI Joe and the stories told didn't have that typical 80's moral of the day type of story...they were just good ninja turtle stories. I mean, I loved both He-Man and Thundercats but I've re-watched them and in both cases outside of the first few episodes that set up the premise both got old and repetitive real fast and that never happened with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles which is probably why the Turtles were on the air for like ten years while the others fizzled out.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 01-22-2020 at 12:50 PM.

  14. #209
    The Cyborg Sage Jeremi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    I liked the new takes and looking forward to seeing more of it. Always been a big Thundercats fan so to see it back in any form is really neat.

  15. #210

    Default

    ... let it be whatever it becomes for the younger kids (clearly aimed at). Superhero Girls, Lego Marvel, Lego DC, Preschool Marvel online shorts, etc., any sort of Intellectual Property is going to potentially revised in various forms.

    I hope that there are comics produced soon that are more "traditional". New continuity or older.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •