Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

And buy the toys for the kids...

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    It hasn't even aired yet though.
    Normally I would agree with the "wait and see" idea but looking at this I already know I don't like the animation style of it so that's strike one against it. I really have to like the animations that I'm looking at in order to want to watch a show. I don't like the direction of this either, so that's strike number two. I loathe TT Go and this appears to be of the same type. The biggest strike of all, number three, is that its on CN, who I've been boycotting for several years now over their piss poor treatment of more serious types of animated shows. Even if this was a more serious type of show with animation I actually liked I still wouldn't be touching it with a ten foot pole because all that would happen is that CN would eventually delay episodes and then push the show off to into a ridiculous time slot for the sole purpose of being able to say "viewership is down on this show so it's cancelled". Sorry but while some things are worth giving a chance but this just isn't one of those for me.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-24-2018 at 01:24 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Mighty Member

This looks almost as bad as the live action Teen Titans, where Beast Boy looks like a drug dealer, Raven a street kid and Starfire an ageing hooker.

Extraordinary Member

I actually don't mind it. But then again, I don't think my opinion actually matters in this case since it's clear I'm not the target demographic, here.

And you know what? That's OKAY.

Not everything was meant for us (even if it does share the same name).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    I actually don't mind it. But then again, I don't think my opinion actually matters in this case since it's clear I'm not the target demographic, here.

And you know what? That's OKAY.

Not everything was meant for us (even if it does share the same name).
    There's a difference between aiming at a younger demographic, and aiming to be cheap and lowbrow. This isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at being low quality.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    There's a difference between aiming at a younger demographic, and aiming to be cheap and lowbrow. This isn't aimed at kids, it's aimed at being low quality.
    Unless you're a child yourself, I'm not sure you can really say what is and what isn't being aimed at you. As far as children's cartoons are concerned, they're generally the best way to gauge it.

You do know that this isn't being aimed at the age group you're currently at now, though. That you can say with 100% accuracy. And again, that's okay.

As far as being cheap is concerned, outside of the high quality intro, the animation of the original wasn't terribly great. And as far as being lowbrow, well, all of the Thundercats were nude in the original pilot, so there's that.

Just let kids have something that is theirs and theirs alone that adults like us aren't allowed to like or understand. Every generation has and deserves that. My parents didn't give a shit about my obsession with Thundercats, He-Man, Voltron, GI Joe, Robotech, etc, when I was a kid. And you know what? That's perfectly and completely normal. It would've been weird if they did (and probably would've taken the fun out of it, too).
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

FYI, i show the trailer to my nephews. the oldest said "i don't like it. it makes me feel sick."

the youngest just wanted to play my one piece game again. in fact, both of them are more interested in one piece than this.

so at least for my family, it failed with it's target demo.

Been listening to the original opening lately:

Good times.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

that was good but i like this version.

^This made me go WTF, and I just recently saw Shrek Is Love Shrek Is Life for the first time.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that was good but i like this version.

I'm DYING. LOL, wow it is too early for this.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    FYI, i show the trailer to my nephews. the oldest said "i don't like it. it makes me feel sick."

the youngest just wanted to play my one piece game again. in fact, both of them are more interested in one piece than this.

so at least for my family, it failed with it's target demo.
    I guess we'll find out when it airs. I have no horse in this race, but at the same time, I'm not gonna crap on something someone else finds genuine joy in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Unless you're a child yourself, I'm not sure you can really say what is and what isn't being aimed at you. As far as children's cartoons are concerned, they're generally the best way to gauge it.

You do know that this isn't being aimed at the age group you're currently at now, though. That you can say with 100% accuracy. And again, that's okay.

As far as being cheap is concerned, outside of the high quality intro, the animation of the original wasn't terribly great. And as far as being lowbrow, well, all of the Thundercats were nude in the original pilot, so there's that.

Just let kids have something that is theirs and theirs alone that adults like us aren't allowed to like or understand. Every generation has and deserves that. My parents didn't give a shit about my obsession with Thundercats, He-Man, Voltron, GI Joe, Robotech, etc, when I was a kid. And you know what? That's perfectly and completely normal. It would've been weird if they did (and probably would've taken the fun out of it, too).
    Nah actually the animation for the original was great and compared to this...well there's really no comparison this is horrible. This generation of kids deserves better than crap like this. I mean damn they don't even have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Nah actually the animation for the original was great and compared to this...well there's really no comparison this is horrible. This generation of kids deserves better than crap like this. I mean damn they don't even have a choice.
    I think in terms of design the OG has them beat, regarding actual fluidity in motion this wins.

I will say their is a considerable difference in the old one's opening credits to it's actual narrative animation. The opening is super clean.