Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Why are GROWN MEN crying over a children's show? This isn't about you. This isn't for you. Cartoon Network didn't make this with GROWN MEN in mind. Fandom is disgusting, I swear. I hope kids enjoy it.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Black View Post
    Why are GROWN MEN crying over a children's show? This isn't about you. This isn't for you. Cartoon Network didn't make this with GROWN MEN in mind. Fandom is disgusting, I swear. I hope kids enjoy it.
    I don't think anyone is crying ppl are just saying it looks horrible and it does. the original Thunder Cats wasn't made with grown men in mind either just because it's for kids doesn't mean it has to be the lowest option.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

I strenuously object to the OP comparing Adventure Time to Teen Titans Go. AT is a modern classic and a true example of post-apocalyptic high fantasy. It's brilliant and far deeper than it appears. TTG is, uh, not.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    I don't think anyone is crying ppl are just saying it looks horrible and it does. the original Thunder Cats wasn't made with grown men in mind either just because it's for kids doesn't mean it has to be the lowest option.
    Yes, adults are definitely crying and it's hilarious. Yet sad. It looks awful. Why? Because the animation isn't up to your standards? Let kids enjoy things. Point goddamn blank. Not every cartoon is gonna tackle complex issues or be deep and philosophical. Get over yourselves.
    Last edited by Raijin; 05-20-2018 at 07:11 PM.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Yes, adults are definitely crying and it's hilarious. Yet sad. It looks awful. Why? Because the animation isn't up to your standards? Let kids enjoy things. Point goddamn blank.
    There's a trailer. Everything on it looks like absolute ass.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

Yes, adults are definitely crying and it's hilarious. Yet sad. It looks awful. Why? Because the animation isn't up to your standards? Let people enjoy things. Point goddamn blank.
    Nah. This new Thundercats cartoon looks like derivitive garbage, so I'm going to occasionally complain about it until it proves it isn't some cynical paint by numbers network synergenistic abomination designed to get small kids to scream "We love waffles!" at their parent's television sets. I'm a fan of animation and good storytelling and there's no reason kids should be forced to settle for ugly corporate crapola. More Gravity Falls, less Okay Let's be heroes, I say.

Comcast just cut Cartoon network from my cable package. I'm without it for the first time in twenty-four years, annnnnnd I don't really give a F***. Anything good they produce can eventually be found on Hulu. Everything else is terrible.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

And it just got worse. Guy making the show HATED thundercats and never liked it. Why would someone who hated a show be put in charge of rebooting that show?

https://twitter.com/NicoColaleo/stat...44040491974656

The comments are nasty. (it's worse as he is just as nasty as the ones who are angry at him.) Also what dummy made death threats? Don't do that guys. I don't care how bad a movie, show or comic is.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    And it just got worse. Guy making the show HATED thundercats and never liked it. Why would someone who hated a show be put in charge of rebooting that show?

https://twitter.com/NicoColaleo/stat...44040491974656

The comments are nasty. (it's worse as he is just as nasty as the ones who are angry at him.) Also what dummy made death threats? Don't do that guys. I don't care how bad a movie, show or comic is.
    "I can’t believe I have to explain this: Someone read these tweets and for no reason took it as I’m the reboot’s showrunner - and the internet BELIEVES THEM, instead of just checking my profile which clearly states my occupation & where/what I work on. I DO NOT WORK ON THIS SHOW."

Rage makes one blind.

Rage makes one blind.
    Like I said he got death threats from what he said. That's awful. I don't care how bad the show is that's a awful thing to do.

You know what would be great in this style? Popeye! I'd kill for a great Popeye action/comedy show that culled as much from Segar's comic as it did from the old cartoons.

Astonishing Member

I like how nobody has any real defense for that eye-searing image, rather instead they resort to veiled potshots at other posters.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angilasman View Post
    Okay, so in the '80s the Reagan administration's deregulation of children' TV allows - for the first time - toy companies to fund animated TV series that function solely as advertisements for their toys.

In 2011, one of these toy commercial shows is rebooted as a serious, dramatic show. Fans of the original, now adults, like it. But kids (the demo that matters) are lukewarm and toy sales are bad, so for the reasons this new show was made the show is a failure.

7 years later they try again, trying a different take as a cutesy comedy for young children, and the reaction from the adult fans is apocalyptic to the point that animators and people who work on the show are being subjected to harassment while fanboys gnash their teeth and curse the heavens.

Is there some sort of moral or lesson here? I am unsure. Maybe it's something about how older fans should give younger people the space to enjoy the things (or newer versions of the things) that they once enjoyed? Or maybe it's that something created for purely commercial purposes can inspire devotion to the extent that it can no longer properly function as a commercial? Or maybe it's that, shows we all loved as a kid be damned, kids TV should have remained regulated? Or maybe the real Thundercats... were the friends we made along the way?
    Interesting analysis.

Sometimes I watch Cartoon Network with my son and it becomes increasingly clear to me that what we enjoyed as children is different to what kids these days watch and enjoy.

While the new Thundercats doesn’t look interesting to me, I’m not sure the target audience will have any problems with it. Which ultimately is the goal of the show’s producers.

BANNED

Sweetie, you're on a site dedicated to superhero comics fandom.

Mighty Member

The very fact that this is on Cartoon Network should have been the very first clue that this is being targeted to the most immature of 4 year olds. Everything that's been serious and targeted to a teen audience has been schedule shifted unexpectedly and not promoted until Cartoon Network could claim that the show in question was dropped because of ratings. They've been doing it for decades.

The list of shows they've done this to is legion. Shows like He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Megas XLR, Sym-Bionic Titan, Young Justice,
    Green Lantern: The Animated Series, Thundercats, and many more have been run out by Cartoon Network, which has no desire for great action shows. Heck, Hasbro started its own network because they were tired of how Cartoon Network treated their Transformers shows for 6 years.

Cartoon Network has been the most hated network of geekdom for a very long time. It deserves all the scorn that is heaped on it. I hope ratings for this new Thundercats show are so low, the network has to shut down and none of these fools ever work in animation again.

Old school comic book fan WestPhillyPunisher's Avatar

What? We're not allowed to voice an opinion on the show? I mean, this IS a forum to do that very thing. VOICE. OPINIONS. Methinks thou dost complain too much.
    Avatar: Here's to the late, great Steve Dillon. Best. Punisher. Artist. EVER!