Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    For YOU, yes. But Cartoon Network isnt aiming this at 30 year old guys but kids.
    Who is it aimed at I'm not naive I know 80's Thundercats and Thundercats 2011 had one mission statement about all others sell toys. Who is going to run out and buy these? I mean if I was a kid and I had to choose between a Spider-Man action figure or one of those I'm going Spider-Man.

Take the New She-Ra I watched thenOG show with He-Man and the new one is not my cup of tea and I know I'm not the targeted audience and I can see where kids today would like and want to buy New She-Ra stuff same for the new TMNT but this just looks like a strange choice to go IMO.

Cartoon network WAS aimed at 30 year olds. The big hook was all your childhood cartoons in one spot. They showed bugs, droopy and yogi in the ads. 2001-2005 they were aiming for adults with toonami and even did a less edited night version. They had more grown up ads along with kids ads during popeye and looney tunes in the day. The old cn aimed for both kids and grown ups. They had gundam wing and big o at 5pm after all!

CN was not just a kids network then. They wanted adult and teen viewers also.

Looks like they are using teen titans go to stealth launch thundercats roar.

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/11/10/...ndercats-roar/

So, has anyone seen it yet?

CBR is giving it a decent review, but I'm not fully convinced that our initial thoughts about this are unfounded.

https://www.cbr.com/thundercats-roar-review/

I know the original wasn't Masterpiece Theatre, and I don't have a child's nostalgia for it since I was far from a child when it originally aired, but I do prefer a more straightforward, earnest take in action-adventure cartoons rather than turning everything into ironic comedy.

This take seems like it's going to be the Family Guy version of Thundercats.

On the other hand, here's a review from YouTube that is of a different opinion:

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    So, has anyone seen it yet?

CBR is giving it a decent review, but I'm not fully convinced that our initial thoughts about this are unfounded.

https://www.cbr.com/thundercats-roar-review/

I know the original wasn't Masterpiece Theatre, and I don't have a child's nostalgia for it since I was far from a child when it originally aired, but I do prefer a more straightforward, earnest take in action-adventure cartoons rather than turning everything into ironic comedy.

This take seems like it's going to be the Family Guy version of Thundercats.
    Family Guy has better animation. I gave it a shot. Didn't care for it.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

CN stealth launched it on the cn app! I heard it was awful but have not watched it.

Astonishing Member

To paraphrase JR; still looks bowling shoe ugly.

Not that the original cartoon left behind high standards in the first place.

OK. Took the hit and watched the first episode. What did I think of the new thundercats? First of all who was this aimed at? It is full of injokes making fun of the 80s show but kids never saw the 80s show so they won't get the jokes and 80s fans hate this show plus it's so kiddie dumb! So who is this show aimed at? They use music and effects from the 80s show also but it just comes across as cringy.

Anyways what did I think? I didn't even make through the first episode! Yes I had to turn it off BEFORE the episode ended it was so awful! Got to lion-o swinging around on a vine making monkey faces sticking his tongue out and yelling every second and could not stand it anymore. Lion was a dumb ditwit moron who screaming every second making ugly faces the full time! Looks like they wanted to do the "kid in adult body" as the joke but they didn't show him as a kid turning into a adult so if you never saw the 80s show (like kids today) you don't get the joke and he just comes across as a dimwit loser.

Tygra is meg from family guy and is there to get annoyed by lion o and get beat up and have things fall on him. Panthro is cyborg from teen titans go! Really he acts just like him! Cheetara sounds like gwen from ben 10 and acts like her. She also looks like a guy! (Seen as one of the most beautiful females in cartoons and they made her look like a guy) snarf acted like a pet in what I saw, jagga went around saying "I'm a ghost! Boooo!" (ugh) and the kids acted like hyper kids.

The jokes were awful and worse the animation was awful! A five year old could make better animation! Plus their faces morf into ugly mutant looking faces every second. Ugh!

Thumbs down. The show can't make up it's mind who it's aimed at, jokes rubix the amazing cube would reject and awful awful awful animation a 5 year old on paint could do better.

Pass.

Here is a clip for you to "enjoy". "I'm a ghost! Boooo!"

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

It doesn't look any worse than Gumball, Steven Universe, Teen Titans Go or any of the other other hugely successful Cartoon Network shows currently on the air so I'm sure it'll do well. None of them interest me in the slightest mind you, but there are plenty that do love them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    It doesn't look any worse than Gumball, Steven Universe, Teen Titans G
    All of those are literally three of the best shows CN has ever done. When did people start assuming these were not good shows? If this is anything like those 3 examples it is probably a good show.

Oh wait, I am on CBR though.....