Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Cooooool! Happy to see X-Pos back!

Quote Originally Posted by DDM View Post
    Where is Sage?

Where is Pixie?
    Some excellent questions being asked so far, great work everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Leedemus View Post
    Hey Jordan!

Had a great conversation with Matt Rosenberg a few weeks ago about this, but I think it's just as much a question for an editor: I know I'm not alone in being an LGBT X-Fan who's been incredibly disappointed in the lack of queer casting in this line of X-books. When the new lineup for Astonishing was revealed, my heart sank. We lost Iceman and Generation X months ago, yet no book has added Iceman to its regular roster; Northstar hasn't been seen since before Secret Wars; Karma and Rictor are relegated to a miniseries with a definite end date. One of the things Matt said was for me to feel free to call him and y'all out if we feel something is wrong. This lack of representation is wrong! It goes against the X-Men's core tenants, and it's incredibly hurtful to queer readers who remain invisible in the vast majority of monthly titles. There's yet to be an LGBT character in a flagship Avengers book, and young Iceman is the only LGBT character permanently on an x-team. So can you speak a bit to why none of these books have room for us? And when can we expect this to change? Thanks for your time, and welcome to the X-titles! (Okay to print, #XPosition, ewtc. etc.)
    This is such absolute nonsense.
    Iceman has been in x-books every month, you can’t say he isn’t around.
    And Karma and Rictor “relegated”? What an insult, they’re currently in one of x-books best books, mini series or not.

Not only that but we have Daken, NuPyro, Rachel/Kitty/Illyana, that young one in Red...

Just commenting to declare my absolute elation at the return of X-Positions. I'm sure it's tough on creators with such a ravenous fanbase like this one.

So I'll leave without aggressively grilling White on the status of the New X-Men. For this week, at least.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfPsylocke View Post
    NuPyro, Rachel/Kitty/Illyana
    The fact that you're listing a bunch of characters who've been thorougly straightwashed and are only queer by way of subtext just proves his point.

oobbo2

Given the amazing personal growth Laura has experienced in her solo book in renouncing her name as X-23 and becoming Laurey Kinner the (All-New) Wolverine, does Tamaki address the return to X-23 in a way that shows respect to what she's overcome? I think particularly when you consider Laura's history and legacy, the decision has been shocking to fans and it's natural to feel a little worry at her being thrown away callously.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I am so happy to see that the X-Position has returned!

Hi Mr White,

Thank you for taking the time to answer questions we as fans have regarding the direction of the franchise. As a Storm fan, it has been such an exciting time. Mr. Coates announced recently in BP issue 172 that she was a real goddess, and Mr. Taylor mentions this in issue 4 of Xmen Red. I think this is a wonderful development in her very rich history but it leaves a lot of questions. How will this impact her place with the Xmen and is this something that the Xoffices plans to explore? What, if any, impact does this have relating to her being a mutant because since becoming an Xman she was always reminded that she was only just a mutant. Additionally, will this new development in any way tie to the solo that she has been rumored to have in the future?

Thanks!!!
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-18-2018 at 02:55 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

FINALLY IT'S BACK!

Mr. White, a few questions if you don't mind answering:

1) With Jean Grey's triumphant return to the books, and family being something dear to her heart, will we see an actual reunion of the living Greys happen? I am sure there will be something with Cable and likely with Hope in the upcoming Red Annual, but it would be great to have ALL of the Greys in the same space interacting as a unit. The past decade has had Cable and Hope, Rachel, and Nate all existing around each other and Teen Jean but never any meaningful moments on page or actually reunited (ex. Rachel has not interacted with Cable since Avalon or ever with Hope or Nate Grey). Jean's return would pave the stage for a great issue around something like that. Or even a Summers reunion might be nice, with both dead brothers reappearing....

2) Two of the things I loved most about growing up reading the X-Men in the 80's and 90's were the 1) family vibe that they had for each other; and 2) that actions in one book would be felt or seen in the others. I understand that a lot has changed over the years in terms of tensions, exploding bases, etc., but it would be nice for the books to interact and feel like they exist in the same universe more than once or twice a year when a mini or small crossover happens. Example: Things happening in Gold (like the deportation act) have a global reach but never discussed outside the confines of the book whether solved or not. Are these goals moving forward, and if not can they be?

3) Will we see Layla Miller show up in the Madrox series?

Fantastic Member

Why would Marvel expect that customers should order a new X-Men comic three months in advance when it is never revealed what the comic book is actually about?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    FINALLY IT'S BACK!

Mr. White, a few questions if you don't mind answering:

1) With Jean Grey's triumphant return to the books, and family being something dear to her heart, will we see an actual reunion of the living Greys happen? I am sure there will be something with Cable and likely with Hope in the upcoming Red Annual, but it would be great to have ALL of the Greys in the same space interacting as a unit. The past decade has had Cable and Hope, Rachel, and Nate all existing around each other and Teen Jean but never any meaningful moments on page or actually reunited (ex. Rachel has not interacted with Cable since Avalon or ever with Hope or Nate Grey). Jean's return would pave the stage for a great issue around something like that. Or even a Summers reunion might be nice, with both dead brothers reappearing....

2) Two of the things I loved most about growing up reading the X-Men in the 80's and 90's were the 1) family vibe that they had for each other; and 2) that actions in one book would be felt or seen in the others. I understand that a lot has changed over the years in terms of tensions, exploding bases, etc., but it would be nice for the books to interact and feel like they exist in the same universe more than once or twice a year when a mini or small crossover happens. Example: Things happening in Gold (like the deportation act) have a global reach but never discussed outside the confines of the book whether solved or not. Are these goals moving forward, and if not can they be?

3) Will we see Layla Miller show up in the Madrox series?
    I'm not him but I think the answer to your #2 is basically that can work with the same writer for multiple books (80s) or very strong editorial "guidance" (90s). I think most people believe the same writer model worked better
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

This is great! So glad you brought it back and are willing to put up with us crazy, obsessive fans!

So one question, right now it is really hard to follow how different books are related in space and time to each other, especially when characters are doing double or triple duty. Will there be any change in organization of books upcoming that might help alleviate some of that confusion?

Also, any way we could see X-Men Red double ship without killing Tom Taylor or Mahmud Asrar? A month between issues seems so long and the character cast is so great!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    This is great! So glad you brought it back and are willing to put up with us crazy, obsessive fans!

So one question, right now it is really hard to follow how different books are related in space and time to each other, especially when characters are doing double or triple duty. Will there be any change in organization of books upcoming that might help alleviate some of that confusion?

Also, any way we could see X-Men Red double ship without killing Tom Taylor or Mahmud Asrar? A month between issues seems so long and the character cast is so great!
    this is actually a very good question.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Hello Mr. White,

Thank you for doing the X-Positions again and for answering questions from the fans.

Do you think Wolverine's uniqueness was diluted over the years by introducing so many characters with the same powerset as him? If so any plans to clear the board before his full return?

I really like this mystery surrounding Wolverine's return, mystery has always been part of Logan's personality and I think Marvel did a mistake in recent years by revealing everything about Logan's past. In my opinion Weapon X by Barry Windsor Smith was the only origin Wolverine ever needed and beyond that the less we know about him, the better.

So do you think that all these revelations and retcons regarding his past in recent years (James Howlett name, being a war criminal, Romulus, etc...) damaged the character?

Thanks,

Fantastic Member

Talking

Hi Mr. White would you be open to having a series that center around some of the former mutant members of Alpha Flight such as Kara Killgrave AKA The Purple Girl, Laura Dean AKA Pathway (who's autistic I believe), Goblyn Dean (Laura twin sister), Madison Jeffries AKA Box, and mysterious resurrection Lilian Crawley AKA Diamond Lil?

You could have the story be about them reuniting to take on an old foe (either Llan The Sorcerer or the Dreamqueen) or you could have a story where they all go on a Inter Multidimensional Road Trip using Laura's powers.( basically Sliders but instead of parallel worlds it's the Dark Dimension and Limbo)
    Last edited by brer rabbit; 05-18-2018 at 03:37 PM.

What are the odds for a Rogue and Gambit volume 2? A five issue mini-series wasn't enough we need more of them and from Kelly Thompson, she is great