Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    MCU Iron Spider was made for Infinity War and was allowed to be featured in Homecoming. Likewise both the Homemade and Stark suit had originally debuted in an Marvel Studios product. While Marvel has no restrictions on things like Video game content, they are not allowed to push anything they themselves don't own and the all three suits also appear in Marvel games like Future Fight, (2 of them) appeared in Marvel Heroes and Avengers academy, and Spider-man Unlimited. None of which is owned by Sony.

I'm pretty sure Marvel at the very least wholesale owns the likeness to this Spider-man.
    Now I wonder if this applies to the Avengers Alliance characters. MOST of them were little, if any, different from their 616 counterparts. The AA Worthy were a big exception since all of them were corrupted heroes except for Skadi/Sinthea Schmidt, and different heroes than 616.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Do we really need a follow up of an event that was frankly mediocre at best? I mean if it was written by someone else who wasn't Slott i would show more interest but as it stands i can't even muster a "Meh" to it.
    Technically, it is written by someone other than Slott. Christos Gage, albeit Slott's frequent collaborator during his Spider-Man run, also co-writer of the very acclaimed (by players and critics alike) Spider-Man (for the PS4).
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    Now I wonder if this applies to the Avengers Alliance characters. MOST of them were little, if any, different from their 616 counterparts. The AA Worthy were a big exception since all of them were corrupted heroes except for Skadi/Sinthea Schmidt, and different heroes than 616.
    MAA's developer Playdom was owned by Disney Interactive, so Disney owns any costumes and characters created for the game and Marvel could use them in the comics without any problems.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

PIDER-FORCE #3 (of 3)
    PRIEST (W) • PAULO SIQUEIRA (A)
    Cover by SHANE DAVIS
    A SPIDER-GEDDON TIE-IN!
    • Spider-Force is falling, one member at a time.
    • The Inheritor Verna will stop at nothing to get the Solus Crystal to bring her father back to life—and killing all of Spider-Force would be icing on the cake.
    • Will Jessica sacrifice everything to save the Multiverse?
    32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
    Looks like we have a potential macguffin to resurrect the fallen Spiders.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

I missed read that Soul and thought one of the jems/stones was gonna be used
    And let's hope Jessica is alright

Yeah I'm legit worried about Jessica with a solicitation like that. And she's featured on the connecting cover to Spidergeddon #6. I dunno.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Yeah I'm legit worried about Jessica with a solicitation like that. And she's featured on the connecting cover to Spidergeddon #6. I dunno.
    I hate to say this but her death would free up the 616 Spider-Woman moniker for Gwen should the Ghost Spider trademark lawsuit not work out. It might be those in the Marvel Office are covering their bases.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'd be so damn pissed of they did that that. Also, first I've heard of any Ghost Spider lawsuit?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I'd be so damn pissed of they did that that. Also, first I've heard of any Ghost Spider lawsuit?
    Yeah, I heard there is either a lawsuit or a threatened one against Marvel for the trademark. Someone, please correct me if I'm wrong. I think it involves a lawn care company or something similar that claims they "own" the trademark of the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Looks like we have a potential macguffin to resurrect the fallen Spiders.
    It's the stone that has Solus, er, soul. It's a stone to specifically resurrect him, not anyone else, I imagine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It's the stone that has Solus, er, soul. It's a stone to specifically resurrect him, not anyone else, I imagine.
    We don't know quite know how it works yet...or has this macguffin appeared before?

I paid little attention to Spider-Verse.

There's two. There's BMW, who make Ghost and Spyder models, and there's a golfing goods firm with a range called Ghost Spider. I reckon the first will be thrown out but the second may require a payout.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...-ghost-spider/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh wow. Good to know. Thanks for the update Digifiend. I'll be really sad though if they sideline Jess instead of a payout.

Oh wow. Good to know. Thanks for the update Digifiend. I'll be really sad though if they sideline Jess instead of a payout.
    I also would be. I guess it all depends on how much the payout would be and any restrictions placed upon the use of the trademark in the deal. The Marvel Office or even those in charge of Disney could decide it is more trouble than it is worth and instead just make Gwen 616 Spider-Woman. Sadly, Spider-Gwen's monster levels of popularity would make the choice very clear if they decide there can only be one Spider-Woman.
    Last edited by Celgress; 09-19-2018 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I also would be. I guess it all depends on how much the payout would be and any restrictions placed upon the use of the trademark in the deal. The Marvel Office or even those in charge of Disney could decide it is more trouble than it is worth and instead just make Gwen 616 Spider-Woman. Sadly, Spider-Gwen's monster levels of popularity would make the choice very clear if they decide there can only be one Spider-Woman.
    Considering the Marvel Rising short with Gwen as Ghost Spider has already been released, not to mention all the merchandising that came out alongside it, and that the comic will be out in less than a month, I think they won't be changing it this far in. I feel that lawsuit will be one they can easily settle.