Page 23 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Guys, I think it has been confirmed the return (somehow) of the fallen spiders, thanks to the preview "Vault of Spiders #1".

It was shown that Karn still exists, even after his own sister devoured her. That shouldn't be a surprise, as we know his "future old self" was the original Master Weaver in "Spider-Verse", and the Inheritors are the only ones who don't have alternative counterparts in other realities. Therefore, Karn has to be alive somehow. So, maybe the other fallen spiders are alive too, as part of the Web of Life and Destiny.
    I saw the preview, nice to see a cameo from MC2 Peter.

That said, the photos he's examining all appear to be Spiders who have already fallen and can't be summoned...but maybe this is foreshadowing their return as you say.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-25-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Guys, I think it has been confirmed the return (somehow) of the fallen spiders, thanks to the preview "Vault of Spiders #1".

It was shown that Karn still exists, even after his own sister devoured her. That shouldn't be a surprise, as we know his "future old self" was the original Master Weaver in "Spider-Verse", and the Inheritors are the only ones who don't have alternative counterparts in other realities. Therefore, Karn has to be alive somehow. So, maybe the other fallen spiders are alive too, as part of the Web of Life and Destiny.
    I wonder who the Spider-Man in the pseudo Ben Reilly suit is.

Spectacular Member Obsidian Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    nice, but a couple of q's

wouldn't he need cells from that point of death back in #75?

and wouldn't the continuity of soul be mucked up?
    It wouldn’t take much for me to buy that Ben had access to all his previous DNA samples when he took over being The Jackal and since we’re heading back to NuU...

Soul shmoul. That whole storyline needs to be immediately retconned. Marvel has conveniently forgotten more important plot developments in order to make a story work.

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    It wouldn’t take much for me to buy that Ben had access to all his previous DNA samples when he took over being The Jackal and since we’re heading back to NuU...

Soul shmoul. That whole storyline needs to be immediately retconned. Marvel has conveniently forgotten more important plot developments in order to make a story work.
    yeah, i can see marvel just doing the old backflip again. again.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I wonder who the Spider-Man in the pseudo Ben Reilly suit is.
    pseudo in what way? i mean really, there should be infinite bens, kaines, gwens and others. not just multiple peters.
    troo fan or death

True. Seems kind of weird that MC2, cartoon, and 616 are the only Anyas, and 65 and the cartoons are the only worlds whose Gwen is a spider (a couple of others have her as a villain, a lot have her dead or just a civilian).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    True. Seems kind of weird that MC2, cartoon, and 616 are the only Anyas, and 65 and the cartoons are the only worlds whose Gwen is a spider (a couple of others have her as a villain, a lot have her dead or just a civilian).
    In the Spider-Gwen series they reveal there's this secret organization of multiversal Gwens and Spider-Gwens that work to make sure all other Gwens have their freedom and aren't always forced into a defined point.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    In the Spider-Gwen series they reveal there's this secret organization of multiversal Gwens and Spider-Gwens that work to make sure all other Gwens have their freedom and aren't always forced into a defined point.
    That sounds really interesting - which volume and issue was that?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    That sounds really interesting - which volume and issue was that?
    That was in the final arc, specifically Issues #30 and 31.

That's just the kind of thing that is dumb enough to happen in comic books lol.

Wonder if there's an Uncle Ben version... But then again, Uncle Ben not dying may lead to Spidey staying arrogant and not helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Wonder if there's an Uncle Ben version... But then again, Uncle Ben not dying may lead to Spidey staying arrogant and not helpful.
    Considering what happens in Edge Of Spider-Geddon #3 (also by Jason Latour), you are exactly right.

BANNED

I's almost into parody territory with how "multiversally" important Gwen's fate is.

Considering what happens in Edge Of Spider-Geddon #3 (also by Jason Latour), you are exactly right.
    Oh man wtf, why... Hate it when I'm right when joking, in this case, kinda joking, geez.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I's almost into parody territory with how "multiversally" important Gwen's fate is.
    Well hey, Gwen didn't in Spider-Man 3 and he was fine... If you ignore the whole "emo Peter" thing, lol.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 10-27-2018 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    That's what I love about it, by that final arc Latour and the crew really play around with the "meta"-ness of who Gwen/Spider-Gwen are, and we get some really creative and also even profound regarding the nature of destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Oh man wtf, why... Hate it when I'm right when joking, in this case, kinda joking, geez.
    Well there is no "Multiversal Uncle Bens", but that story does have an Uncle Ben who gets Spider powers alongside Petey, who becomes just really not helpful and just a very neurotic kid. It's actually an incredibly good issue and definitely worth checking out.

BANNED

That's what I love about it, by that final arc Latour and the crew really play around with the "meta"-ness of who Gwen/Spider-Gwen are, and we get some really creative and also even profound regarding the nature of destiny.
    By making it the vocal point of a massive cosmic-level time/space traversing cabal, it takes what was a grounded tragedy and makes a big mockery of it's significance. It's become a macabre cartoon come to life, and it furthers Gwen's ongoing descent into a "Saintly" caricature who ought to be preserved at all costs.

I feel this sort of thing belongs in Steven Moffat era Doctor Who, not Spider-Man.
    Last edited by Miles To Go; 10-27-2018 at 01:02 PM.