Page 1 of 51 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Oh yay, another Spider-Event (rolls eyes) .

Y'know, off-hand the title makes me think Spider-Island but instead of adding more Spider-People it's subtracting from it.

Kind of bummed that Slott leaving hasn't apparently curtailed the big events in Spider-Man.

Ugh, another big spider crossover event already??

Wow! That was fast........
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

:crosses fingers: new anya ongoing after this please.

I'm excited! I've always considered that Spider-Man event stories always have the biggest potential out of them all, so if we can get something on the level of Spider-Island and Spider-Verse, I'm all for it!

And to be fair, we've only really had a few true Spider-Events, Spider-Island, Spider-Verse, and Clone Conspiracy, and it will have been 2 years since CC, so I was expecting this.

The big question is, do you think this will be a Spencer story, or do you think Marvel will be taking a page from all their other limited series recently and have a completely different writer do it?

Exclamation

Of course, if the Marvel Office thins the herd a bit some fans will end up angry as everyone has their own favorite Spider Person or Persons. However, I must admit the field is overcrowded as things stand.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Well Spiderman events are better for the character than general Marvel events. So let’s us prepare for Spidergeddon

Quote Originally Posted by oldschool View Post
    Ugh, another big spider crossover event already??
    There's barely any books to tie-in to it at this point. I mean, I doubt Venom will.

That just really leaves Spec and Miles' book when it gets relaunched, maybe Scarlet if it's still around.

Although Marvel seems to be moving towards "events" being limited series instead of massive title crossovers, so that might be the case here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Of course, if the Marvel Office thins the herd a bit some fans will end up angry as everyone has their own favorite Spider Person or Persons. However, I must admit the field is overcrowded as things stand.
    Well, most of the other Spiders have had their books canceled and don't really appear that much anymore, so I don't think there's a drastic need to thin the herd at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Well Spiderman events are better for the character than general Marvel events. So let’s us prepare for Spidergeddon
    I wouldn't even say that's true.

Most Spider-Events in recent memory have been more about other characters or Spider-People or launching spinoffs then they have been about Peter.

I hope that this event is going to happen in one of the Spider-Man books or it will be a crossover between two of the Spider-Man books. If it is going to be like Clone Conspiracy, I am not going to read it and I am going to drop any book that is tied into it.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

BANNED

Miles is still conspicuously bookless. I'd certainly prefer it if Marvel keep Pete away from events for a while.

Mighty Member

My guess is this event will be used to relaunch some of the ancillary Spiders - maybe a Spider-Women book, give Miles a new status quo, move Spider-Gwen to 616, etc. Obviously, there isn't too much else to read into it from that teaser, but if it's coming in the fall, we'll see the first hints of it in August's solicits next month.

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

That's so non-descript

BANNED

Another great Marvel "event".....low expectations except to possibly disappoint..

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm excited! I've always considered that Spider-Man event stories always have the biggest potential out of them all, so if we can get something on the level of Spider-Island and Spider-Verse, I'm all for it!

And to be fair, we've only really had a few true Spider-Events, Spider-Island, Spider-Verse, and Clone Conspiracy, and it will have been 2 years since CC, so I was expecting this.

The big question is, do you think this will be a Spencer story, or do you think Marvel will be taking a page from all their other limited series recently and have a completely different writer do it?
    I can get behind your enthusiasm I hope it’s good too and I agree Spider events do have the biggest potential.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!