Page 39 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    Preview for Spider-Force #3 is up

https://comicsverse.com/spider-force-3/
    You know it kinda amazes me how everyone there is missing the obvious solution. Considering there is the existence of those watches that allow them to travel the multiverse, why doesn’t it occur to John to make use of it leave behind their doomed Earth and settle on another? Sure it might be difficult but it sure beats spending limited resources scrounging around on an irradiated Earth that will run out of supplies eventually. At least elsewhere they can thrive.

iMan 42s

How exactly does he expect that crystal to be any sort of power source? Especially for a planet no less.

If he's holding it no problem it can't be conductive nor be generating heat, or enough heat that it would be indicative of it having enough power to do what he needs it to do. Furthermore that also implies that if he can siphon off power from it and move it somewhere else, what resources does he have to do that? What wiring could he possibly have to handle the sheer amount of voltage Solus could be generating if its that powerful? He also has no idea how much voltage that thing could have nor likely possess the wiring to handle "unlimited" energy. He's more likely to short circuit things.

And if he's expecting Pizoelectricity, what does he have to cause enough stress on it to generate the kind of power he needs?

And further, how does he know he can even extract anything? Just get a transporter and set up shop somewhere else. The Marvel Universe has a plethora of empty Earth's he could use.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    How exactly does he expect that crystal to be any sort of power source? Especially for a planet no less.
    Well, it has the essence of a being insanely powerful. Morlun's strength has nothing to envy Thor's or Hulk's strength, and they are both being that turn energy into their power (either thunder or gamma energy). So, Solus must be even more powerful than that. Which means his essence must contain even more powerful energy. This could be his explaining to see the crystal as a power source.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    You know it kinda amazes me how everyone there is missing the obvious solution. Considering there is the existence of those watches that allow them to travel the multiverse, why doesn’t it occur to John to make use of it leave behind their doomed Earth and settle on another? Sure it might be difficult but it sure beats spending limited resources scrounging around on an irradiated Earth that will run out of supplies eventually. At least elsewhere they can thrive.
    He probably doesn't want to leave them behind because he feels responsible for them. It's an interesting interpretation of "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" --- what happens when your responsibility is the survival of what's left of the human race? What power would be equal to face that, and what would be the consequences of trying to live up to such a responsibility?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    He probably doesn't want to leave them behind because he feels responsible for them. It's an interesting interpretation of "with great power, there must also come great responsibility" --- what happens when your responsibility is the survival of what's left of the human race? What power would be equal to face that, and what would be the consequences of trying to live up to such a responsibility?
    That makes a lot of sense actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Only thing is that he doesn’t have to leave them behind. Using the web watch, he could easily take what remains of humanity with him. And you’d think that, given that such a solution is right there, it’s more irresponsible to continue risking their survival on something that’s proven to attract trouble rather than taking the path that would guarantee their salvation

My guess for issue #5:

The actual plan was to ressurrect the fallen spiders with the cloning techs, restoring all of them to life, and that's what Otto will be doing while they're 'eating' Ben.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    My guess for issue #5:

The actual plan was to ressurrect the fallen spiders with the cloning techs, restoring all of them to life, and that's what Otto will be doing while they're 'eating' Ben.
    It is possible. But I do believe Ben Reilly is a goner this time.

I'm wondering if Kaine Ashley etc are gonna wind up stranded or if Otto gets Jess out of stasis and she brings them back??
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet-Spider01 View Post
    I doubt it myself, but we'll see soon!

BANNED

Either way, he loses really. He either dies here, or he survives and it's revealed Spidergeddon took place before the events of his ongoing's finale where his soul was corrupted and he reverted back to villany

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Either way, he loses really. He either dies here, or he survives and it's revealed Spidergeddon took place before the events of his ongoing's finale where his soul was corrupted and he reverted back to villany
    So, die a hero or live to die a villain?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yes that's the third time you've said that, odd to make a forum account just to relay prospects of a character's potential death over and over.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

BANNED

Just read Spider-Girls#3

A fourth totem has been added to the Other/Scion/Bride/ prophecy, the "Pattern Maker", which is Annie. According to the scrolls, the pattern maker can read the connections of the web and forge them into something stronger. Anya reckons Annie can create a weapon.

BANNED

The final issue of Spectacular Spider-Man takes place directly after the third issue of Ghost Spider

Gwen's first port of call after her dimensional hopper is repaired is to recruit Peter at his apartment (who, per his battle with Morlun, has a battle damaged look to distinguish himself from RYV Peter)