Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 32383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Sardorim View Post
    Well, they were at full power during the first event

This time they're still in recovery and the Spiders know how to fight them.
    Peter knew how to fight them last time, he just didn't tell any of the spiders because Silk had to be special for the plot and discover the radiation world. And if the Other popped early there wouldn't be enough of them for Morlun to just come in and take down Kaine after he tanked Solus. Peter knew full well how to beat them last time and basically went out of his way not to.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I’m not so sure. From the preview, it seems Ben is about to go to the big clone laboratory in the sky.
    Even if he does, once the Inheritors are destroyed, won't they be able to just use the Jackal tech to bring him back, along with all the other dead Spider-Men? Doc Ock solved the clone degeneration problem.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I do like how Scarlet Spider #24-25 are basically ignored.
    so is it confirmed that this does takes place after those issues because when Otto recruited Kaine he was still in Las Vegas after being threatened to leave by Ben

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Even if he does, once the Inheritors are destroyed, won't they be able to just use the Jackal tech to bring him back, along with all the other dead Spider-Men? Doc Ock solved the clone degeneration problem.
    Damn man, you're getting me excited. Maybe this time Peter won't object in light of this and we'll get Mayday's dad back

Well, that pretty much confirms that Ben and Otto were working together.

I would love for Scarlet Spider #24-25 to be retconned, but I'm pretty sure Spidergeddon takes place before then. Which means Ben will survive, but is broken again. (That also means that Kaine survives, too.)

Maybe all the deaths Ben has experienced somehow makes it so that the Inheritors can't consume him. Perhaps he's "tainted" due to so many unnatural resurrections, or his damaged soul?
    Last edited by Scarlet Spider-Man; 12-14-2018 at 10:54 AM.

It's really funny to me just how many Spiders there are around now that the Inheritors can't consume. Otto cause he's a mixed clone, Gwen because of her symbiote, Jessica because of her radiation, Ben possibly due to his numerous deaths, etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    It's really funny to me just how many Spiders there are around now that the Inheritors can't consume. Otto cause he's a mixed clone, Gwen because of her symbiote, Jessica because of her radiation, Ben possibly due to his numerous deaths, etc.
    Yeah, hopefully this event is out to deconstruct the Inheritors

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Sorry for the off topic, but, the post that was a reply to is gone? Due to account deletion?
    I didn't think that was possible, the only one with that power are the moderater.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Otto getting his @$$ kicked for the s*** he's pulled and being called out by a Peter Parker that doesn't just swallow his excuses and rationalizations is indeed a glorious moment. If Ben indeed survives this, as it seems he's going to, I'm glad Gage wrote that scene of Ben realizing the wrongs he'd committed as the Jackal and making some semblance of peace with it all; gives me hope that even if the last two issues of Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider turn out to not be fully retconned, Ben can still end up in a better place (non-metaphysically speaking). Count me in as another who'd like to see Nick Spencer's take on him, maybe as a resurgent Sensational Spider-Man coexisting with Peter as the Amazing Spider-Man. (Yeah, a long shot, I know, but still.)
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Well, that pretty much confirms that Ben and Otto were working together.

I would love for Scarlet Spider #24-25 to be retconned, but I'm pretty sure Spidergeddon takes place before then. Which means Ben will survive, but is broken again. (That also means that Kaine survives, too.)

Maybe all the deaths Ben has experienced somehow makes it so that the Inheritors can't consume him. Perhaps he's "tainted" due to so many unnatural resurrections, or his damaged soul?
    But it doesn't make much sense for SS# 24-25 to take place after Spidergeddon, because in SS#25 he references that being his first death since Death told him that he would become evil if he died again.

Then again it doesn't make much sense for Spidergeddon to take place after SS#24-25 either. So it seems the continuity is a bit messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    If this was meant to take place after Ben’s solo, based on how Ben is talking, what if them attempting to consume Ben’s life force in turn transfers the corruption from Ben’s soul to them and that ends up helping to fix Ben?

is there just one set of Inheritors? Are there an "infinite" number of them in various dimensions? it seems like that's going to be impossible to deal with.

Incredible Member

if Peter got his powers from an irritated spider, how come the Inheritors can feast on him and not get hurt the way one of them got hurt while tryin got consume Jessica?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    if Peter got his powers from an irritated spider, how come the Inheritors can feast on him and not get hurt the way one of them got hurt while tryin got consume Jessica?
    Peter isn't radioactive in the same way Jessica is. He had to inject himself with a radioactive isotope to hurt Morlun when Morlun attempted to feed on him, but Jessica contracted radiation poisoning as a child in her backstory from the uranium her parents were experimenting with. While the subsequent experiment that gave her spider-powers made the radiation nonlethal to her, she still emits a greater concentration of it than Peter does due to being saturated as a child. At least, that's my theory.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Wait a minute... are you sure about that? Radiation poisoning, isn't that basically the same as chemotherapy? How did that poisoning not render her infertile? It shouldn't be possible for Gerry to exist.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman