Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Well, at least the series ending with spoilers:
    MC2 Peter coming back...though I didn't see him being revealed as The Other coming
    end of spoilers
    It definitely was an interesting twist. Shame we likely won't see the follow up from it till the next Spider Verse event, whenever that will be.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

As a narrative, the final issue kinda sucked. The revelations about the nature of the Inheritors should have been done throughout, instead of just lots and lots of exposition at the end.

As fanservice, though, it serviced tons of fans very nicely. I was really happy that Spider-Force's ending had a solid payoff here. And RYV AND MC2 had even more good stuff.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    I'd say Mayday and Ben Reilly fans will enjoy the ending.

spoilers:
    Peter from Mayday's universe gets a resurrection tease because he was The Other, and Ben Reilly is now back to his old pre-Jackal self.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    So can we now write off the last two issues of Scarlet Spider as PAD having a REALLY bad day?
    end of spoilers

Decent issue overall, I must say.

spoilers:
    I especially love the fact that they brought back MC2 Peter and the original pre-Jackal Ben Rielly, though I was disappointed they didn’t bring back all the other dead Spider’s like Noir. Hopefully in next Spider-Verse event they will.

By the way, anyone else notice the the fact that all the movie Spider-Man’s cameoed in this issue? I noticed Tom Holland’s Spider-Man and Garfields Spidey from TASM1 at least, but their suits are a bit distinct. Couldn’t exactly tell if McGuire’s Spider-Man was in this too though, but I’m assuming he was.

Also, Spider-Cop showed up in the final battle!
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Also noticed that they've spoilers:
    Undid Spider-Man Unlimited's death...he shows up on page 27
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    this issue was a satisfying conclusion to the Inheritors. Glad for Otto that he is still keeping his heroics also I guess they somehow fix Ben which is great. Not sure how I feel about Mc2 Peter being resurrected and the new Other but not Mc2 Mj also unsure when we will go back to that universe. I also like how Miles used the Leopardon sword plus it was done a week later from the Honest Trailer of Spiderman Toei too. So the next team up villian will be Norman Spider which is cool. I enjoy this series way more than the original Spider-Verse.
    end of spoilers

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    spoilers:
    but not Mc2 Mj
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    MC2 MJ was never killed
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

A brief summary of my thoughts on the book is that it was a better and happier ending than I thought was going to happen.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Though I'm surprised with them having access to the cloning technology that they didn't bring Noir or UK back. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

BANNED

Though I'm surprised with them having access to the cloning technology that they didn't bring Noir or UK back. lol
    ..As babies, rofl.

Bug-Rats.

spoilers:
    WTF is Miguel?? Did he not get the memo lol??...also Spider-Stan
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by Spiderfang; 12-19-2018 at 09:45 AM.
    The city I once knew as home is teetering on the edge of radioactive oblivion

This is a statement I'm reading by a few people. Which is interesting some people are saying 'resurrection' for this in a few places online. Not 'Clones'.

Gwen Comes back by science.
    Peter: No! Your a clone! Fake! Cause of this we will belittle you!
    UK and Noir comes back by science.
    Peter: Welcome back guys!
    Gwen:...WTF!?

I can appreciate how this ended, the Inheritors were dealt with in a way that both eliminated them as a threat while also giving them a chance at redemption. It combined both sides of the spider armies' opinion on dealing with the Inheritors so it was both pragmatic and heroic.

I will say I wish the Inheritors past had some foreshadowing, instead of "it was in the scrolls the whole time".

Miles getting the Enigma Force and fighting Solus and finishing him off with Sword Vigor was cool (though I wish the coloring on his mask was consistent).

I never would have guessed the Spider-Girls armoring up was gonna happen, but it was fun.

And it looks like Spider-Norman will be the big bad for the next event, which is all good with me because I can't wait to see what he cooks up.

Also I really enjoyed Miles and Otto's interactions during this event and definitely wouldn't object to a team up at some point, kind of a good cop bad cop spider cops sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    So can we now write off the last two issues of Scarlet Spider as PAD having a REALLY bad day?
    end of spoilers
    Someone should tweet him and ask him about this.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonick View Post
    Also I really enjoyed Miles and Otto's interactions during this event and definitely wouldn't object to a team up at some point, kind of a good cop bad cop spider cops sort of thing.
    One little touch that I liked too is that Otto and Miles' compromise actually had them legitimately reassess their earlier moral stands.

spoilers:
    In the end, Miles actually did kill Solus and Otto spared the rest of the Inheritors.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.