Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Mighty Member

They could destroy her dimension. That'd strand her here more permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    They could destroy her dimension. That'd strand her here more permanently.
    I realllllllllllllly hope that's not the case. The world of Earth-65 and those characters have become such an important aspect of Gwen, to completely kill it off immediately after the last run just ended, I think that would leave a bad taste in my and many others mouths.

That's why I think the best approach is that Gwen stays in 616 for some reason, but 65 is still around and she is still able to go back eventually.

I feel like sticking Gwen in 616 would just lead to an exacerbation of the same issues Miles has, but I think with how much Marvel promotes her it's become more and more likely they were going to eventually move her to the main Earth somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    It might explain the whole Ghost-Spider name change given there is already a Spider Woman active in Earth 616
    Not that that has ever stopped people from running around with the same codename as another hero .
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I wonder if this concept becomes flawed when a character like American Chavez exist. Hell Doctor Strange or Reed Richards could also help there
    It could be the OMD effect, where everyone is made useless to facilitate the point of the story...

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I wonder if this concept becomes flawed when a character like American Chavez exist. Hell Doctor Strange or Reed Richards could also help there
    It would be interesting to see her ask Stephen about it considering the Sorcerer Supreme already met another dimensionally displaced Gwen (Gwenpool). But the most logical starting point would in fact be Miles Morales. She'll know he's AU himself, and his team the Champions (which she knows about, she's met Kamala) can probably help, half the team are geniuses and if they are stuck, Nadia can call her friends at GIRL.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It would be interesting to see her ask Stephen about it considering the Sorcerer Supreme already met another dimensionally displaced Gwen (Gwenpool). But the most logical starting point would in fact be Miles Morales. She'll know he's AU himself, and his team the Champions (which she knows about, she's met Kamala) can probably help, half the team are geniuses and if they are stuck, Nadia can call her friends at GIRL.
    In her own series she got stuck on Earth-617 and remembering what 616 Jessica Drew told her Gwen went to see Mr Fantastic immediately. The same would apply in character.

I hope that her cast is not destroyed. I'm a fan of her world and the possibilities still open plus fan of many in her cast greatly her father.
    However in the Gwenpool issue Doctor Strange mentions that it was a one way road and Gwen Poole could not get home. Gwen Poole didn't care as she wanted to stay in 616.

The Inheritors first Multiverse hopped thanks to the Great Web. Maybe out of spite or to round up many Spiders they forced many to go to 616 to 'corral' them and broke many links back to their homes. Doing so the worlds won't be gone but till a new path can be forged or fixed the characters are stuck on 616. This in turn might affect Gwen but other Spiders like Annie who might be separated from her parents. So the consequences of this event being much farther reaching then just for Gwen (and any spider that doesn't have a book after the event might might still be focused on with other books afterwards).
    Last edited by AngelJD; 08-08-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelJD View Post
    In her own series she got stuck on Earth-617 and remembering what 616 Jessica Drew told her Gwen went to see Mr Fantastic immediately. The same would apply in character.

I hope that her cast is not destroyed. I'm a fan of her world and the possibilities still open plus fan of many in her cast greatly her father.
    However in the Gwenpool issue Doctor Strange mentions that it was a one way road and Gwen Poole could not get home. Gwen Poole didn't care as she wanted to stay in 616.

The Inheritors first Multiverse hopped thanks to the Great Web. Maybe out of spite or to round up many Spiders they forced many to go to 616 to 'corral' them and broke many links back to their homes. Doing so the worlds won't be gone but till a new path can be forged or fixed the characters are stuck on 616. This in turn might affect Gwen but other Spiders like Annie who might be separated from her parents. So the consequences of this event being much farther reaching then just for Gwen (and any spider that doesn't have a book after the event might might still be focused on with other books afterwards).
    I do think that's the most likely thing that will happen in the event. Just like in Web-Warriors, when the link on the Great Web to certain universes were shut out, making them unable to travel there, feels like the Inheritors will mess with the Web again, removing the links to the world, but not destroying them. So 65 and the rest will still be out there, but also gives a reason why Gwen and any other Spiders may be stuck in 616.

I honestly think that would be fun to see, a sudden overload of Spiders in this universe and how everyone else reacts to it.

I just had a thought that I'm sure won't go anywhere. Thinking of what Spiders that might get traped outside of just Gwen on Earth-616 and what roles they could play had me thinking of something for Annie. In OMD we are told that girl that showed up was going to be Peter and MJ's daughter they were erasing and indicated that she was suppose to be Annie I think?

Well one of the factors that OMD is disliked outside of marriage erasing is the feeling of why out of all the heroes and out of all the times in Peter's life did the Devil (I know he has a name but I'm just going to call him this) decide to play a part and make this demand. What he really gains from this? Bragging rights? Just doing small time evil for kicks (big time fore fans but in grand scheme of things a ending of a marriage for the devil is possibly small play)? I'm thinking and hoping that it can be presented that there was more to it and why the Devil wanted this deal.

Maybe the Devil heard or known of some sort of prophecy that involved a 'Annie Parker on Earth-616' in a role of some kind that strips his power away? Wanting to ensure that didn't happen he took the marriage away just to take the threat of Annie Parker away. Once successful he bragged about his success. Not releasing the 'Annie Parker' of the prophecy didn't necessary have to be one that was born on 616 but still strikes him down on Earth-616.

When Annie from Renew your Vows gets traped on 616 the Devil freaks out. However being the Devil when Annie tries to find a way home the Devil offers assistance in a form of a new deal. Annie however was told to never take deals from Devils by her own father and tears up the contact. The Devil enraged swears she will regret her choice and Annie tells him that she didn't know before of his existence till this moment and she will be ready for him if he tries to start something.

Yeah - that girl was indeed supposed to be Annie. Her design doesn't match RYV though.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah - that girl was indeed supposed to be Annie. Her design doesn't match RYV though.
    It's really more that Annie was supposed to be that girl. Annie came by much later.

BANNED

Edge of Spider-Geddon#1 preview (also gave it it's own thread)

http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ider-geddon-1/

Astonishing Member

There's something bothering me about this arc. In a previous interview, they said that unlike Spider-Verse, where they traveled through a los of alternative dimensions, this time the actions will be mainly focus on Earth-616, the main reality. However, there's something weird with this. Clearly, the Inheritors won't be subtle and won't stop at nothing to have their revenge. So, knowing the Inheritors will cause a lot of destruction in Earth-616, don't you think the rest of the heroes will be alerted and they will try to stop them? I mean, if the Inheritors start to cause havok through New York to catch Spider-Man and his "Spider-Allies", don't you think the Avengers, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men will end up appearing to stop them too?

That's what is called Superman Stays Out of Gotham.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    That's what is called Superman Stays Out of Gotham.
    One of my least favorite superhero tropes, especially given that in the case of the X-Men (and mutants in general), non-mutant heroes interceding or intervening on their behalf, at least as character witnesses, could have ameliorated much of the unjustified hate the X-Men got. Would the U.S. government be as emboldened to enact borderline-genocidal and fascistic "security measures" against mutants if they knew the Avengers and/or the Fantastic Four would sever working ties with them out of solidarity with the X-Men, especially with events like Civil War showing that those measures could be easily turned upon all superhumans, not just mutants?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    One of my least favorite superhero tropes, especially given that in the case of the X-Men (and mutants in general), non-mutant heroes interceding or intervening on their behalf, at least as character witnesses, could have ameliorated much of the unjustified hate the X-Men got. Would the U.S. government be as emboldened to enact borderline-genocidal and fascistic "security measures" against mutants if they knew the Avengers and/or the Fantastic Four would sever working ties with them out of solidarity with the X-Men, especially with events like Civil War showing that those measures could be easily turned upon all superhumans, not just mutants?
    You know I always ask this question but apparently to me its seems like the X-Men can only work when they are persecuted which is unfortunate to say. I never see them written without it and its like the main reason why Magneto exist. And despite living in the same world as the avengers and fanstatic four or Spiderman they will continue to get hate on in a world filled with super beings make no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    You know I always ask this question but apparently to me its seems like the X-Men can only work when they are persecuted which is unfortunate to say. I never see them written without it and its like the main reason why Magneto exist. And despite living in the same world as the avengers and fanstatic four or Spiderman they will continue to get hate on in a world filled with super beings make no sense.
    nah unfortunately it does make sense. even irl today, we still pick and choose which groups we hate or accept on stupid illogical basis
    troo fan or death