Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

It wouldn't be the first time a cover is solicited with a character in one outfit, only to be changed later in the final cover to avoid spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    It wouldn't be the first time a cover is solicited with a character in one outfit, only to be changed later in the final cover to avoid spoilers.

Man, I remember when that book was a thing .

(Marvel sure does run through a lot of teen teams).

They sure do. X-Men have had New Mutants, Generation X, New X-Men, Wolverine and the X-Men, and Generation X 2. The rest of Marvel has had the New Warriors (three completely different rosters), Young Avengers, Runaways, Avengers Academy, Young Allies, another Young Avengers team, and Champions. And with barely any team member overlap too! Sam Alexander Nova was a New Warrior and a Champion, with a stint as an Avenger in between. Firestar was a New Warrior, then an Avenger, then a Young Ally, and finally an X-Man. Apart from those two, all of the teens seem to stick to one brand, unless they join the Avengers (as Justice, Firestar, Wiccan, Hulkling, Nico Minoru, and both Novas did).

Also, that Young Allies cover with the old Arana costume is a second printing variant, are you sure it was solicited that way, and not just edited to a retro costume specifically for the second printing? Her having that costume was a spoiler even on the publication date, June 9, 2010, as she acquired that costume in an Amazing Spider-Man issue released on July 14, 2010 - five weeks later!
    Last edited by Digifiend; 09-22-2018 at 12:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The one I posted is a variant. However, the main cover was originally solicited with her as Araña, it's this one:

As you can see, the background is the same as the one with her as Spider-Girl. I only posted that variant since was the first the pop up in google :P

It was even part of the promotion when the new cover was shown, with Marvel sending the tagline "There's a new girl in town", hinting at her upcoming name change.

The saddest thing about this is that in a crazy way, Earth 1048 Peter/Spider-Man is meeting a version of his mentor Otto that's much closer to the hero he always looked up, if you consider SpOck as a hero/anti-hero (which to me it looks like he's going to be one again).

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    The saddest thing about this is that in a crazy way, Earth 1048 Peter/Spider-Man is meeting a version of his mentor Otto that's much closer to the hero he always looked up, if you consider SpOck as a hero/anti-hero (which to me it looks like he's going to be one again).
    I dunno, I think meeting Earth 616 Ock would make him re-evaluate how bad his own was .

will this hopefully be the last we see of the Morlun family?

BANNED

Spidergeddon#5 has been bumped up to 40 pages and will now cost $4.99, also there's been an artist change for issue 3.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ider-geddon-3/

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    will this hopefully be the last we see of the Morlun family?
    Yeah, hopefully. They should be vanquished for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Spidergeddon#5 has been bumped up to 40 pages and will now cost $4.99, also there's been an artist change for issue 3.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/09...ider-geddon-3/
    So, Carlo Barberi will apparently be filling in for Jorge Molina? Reminds me of when Olivier Coipel couldn't do all six (or seven) issues of the actual Spider-Verse arc and Giuseppe Camuncoli had to step in halfway through.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Wow, just read Edge of Spider-Geddon #2, because I was curious about Peni after the new trailer today, and...wow. When did Spider-Man comics get so weird! The whole Peni concept seems like it really needs an ongoing - her intro (Edge of Spider-Verse #5) and this issue cram whole arcs into a few pages, and it feels really underwritten.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

BANNED

Just read Superior Octopus#1, which really starts driving the plot forward, setting up exactly why the Inheritors will be present on Earth 616, and who was responsible for that (way to go Otto...though there's stupidity on the Web-Warriors' end too due to their use of the transmitters)

iMan 42s

Is Karn still around? Because what's stopping him from just rebuilding Jennix's lab just without the clones? Kill the Inheritor's physical form and then just drop it into the repository, or better yet have Karn just cease their brain functions and set them up where they can get food intravenously.

What? No more inhumane then putting them in a radioactive prison on a dead earth with nothing but spiders to eat.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Yes, Karn's still around. The problem is this:
    spoilers:
    Doc Ock recreated the Inheritors cloning technology for his own use.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Karn showed up in Superior Octopus#1

spoilers:
    He and the Web Warriors had just finished dismantling Loomworld, Karn confirmed the Inheritor family's original bodies were dead, but they had used the Spider-Bot transmitters to send their essences as a signal to Ock's cloning machines on 616, so now they're being reproduced there
    end of spoilers

So I imagine Anya left the Web Warriors? I was already wondering why she hadn't showed up in everything involving WW so far, and this seems to indeed show that Anya quit at some point.