Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

So having just finished the new What If! Flash Thompson Was Spider-Man issue that came out yesterday, I've got to say, I'm going to be very disappointed if this alternate version of Flash doesn't show up at some point in Spider-geddon. This version of Flash is simply too good of a character for him not to show up again at some point, such as Spider-geddon.

Also on a side note, since I've brought up the What If comics, I'd really hope we get to see the Peter Parker from 1980's What If! #24 "What If Gwen Stacy Had Lived?" show up and learn how the rest of the events of his life transpired. I mean, it's been 38 years since the issue and it would be kind of nice to finally see some kind of resolution to that interesting cliffhanger from the end of that issue, where Peter's wedding with Gwen tragically ends with his public identity by Jameson (who himself learned after the Green Goblin leaked the information to him) being revealed and exposed to the world, resulting in Peter having to go underground with the police hunting him. It's always annoyed me that we never saw some kind of a resolution to that during the events of Spiderverse.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I love how we see all these other Spiders appear in the first few pages the story instead of 616!Peter .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I love how we see all these other Spiders appear in the first few pages the story instead of 616!Peter .
    feel like hes going to have a small role in this arc honestly

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Feels like Marvel is trying to replace Pete with Mile and others again

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    They've actually confirmed that's the case. Peter will take a backseat and his only involvement will be in Spectacular Spider-Man where Morlun is hunting him. Miles is the star of this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Miles is the star of this one.
    Guess I'm sitting this one out then.

Quote Originally Posted by Reilly View Post
    Guess I'm sitting this one out then.
    What about the Spider-Geddon adjacent series staring the other spiders? Surely one of those spin-offs has a spider-person you like right?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    What about the Spider-Geddon adjacent series staring the other spiders? Surely one of those spin-offs has a spider-person you like right?
    I can't speak for him, but in regards to Spiders I like, I'll read Spider-Girls in the store, but I'm not supporting anything with post-Spider-Verse "Mayday" since I did not support what was done to her family in 2014, and I worry about Annie's own family.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Yeah, I'm sitting this one out if Peter isn't having a big role, unless Miguel plays a large role (which I doubt is going to happen). SpOck and Miles are the last 2 characters who I'd like to see getting a huge role in this event.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, I'm sitting this one out if Peter isn't having a big role, unless Miguel plays a large role (which I doubt is going to happen). SpOck and Miles are the last 2 characters who I'd like to see getting a huge role in this event.
    Well fortunately for you there’s a Spider-Geddon tie-in in the upcoming issue of Peter Parker: The Spetacular Spider-Man.

Peter vs. Morlun...FINAL ROUND (unless not of course, because “comics”.)

I would also like to get another Spider-Man 2099 solo in future, so hopefully Miguel’s not one of the Spiders to bite the dust during this event.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Well fortunately for you there’s a Spider-Geddon tie-in in the upcoming issue of Peter Parker: The Spetacular Spider-Man.

Peter vs. Morlun...FINAL ROUND (unless not of course, because “comics”.)
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting that. But it seems Peter is only going to have a tangential (at best) role in the main event, which is very disappointing.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    Yeah, I'm definitely getting that. But it seems Peter is only going to have a tangential (at best) role in the main event, which is very disappointing.
    Yeah it sucks especially when Peter doesn't get many Leadership roles in team up books maybe due to his loner attitude or not given a chance. Spider-Verse was a good step in right direction with giving Peter more leadership although he struggles with it in the beginning. Miles to me doesnt have that problem because hes more of a team player being in the Avengers and Champions. Im still going to read his tie-in with Morlun but based on the Creators comments its the other Spiders doing the major work. With Miles, SpOck in the forefront. Maybe Insomniac Spiderman will play a major role due to his game popping right now and the creator didnt feel it was necessary for 616 Peter. All Im saying is that the orignal Spiderman isnt leading a team of Spiders

I don't mind Peter not getting alot of focus. I know alot of people's complaints about the original Spider-Verse was that Peter didn't really have a reason to be front and centre, and since most of the best parts of Spider-Verse was getting to see all the Spiders interact off each other, trimming some of the fat should allow us to get most of the good stuff.

It also does make sense Miles, Ock, and probably Ben get the most focus in the main story as Peter, Jessica, Gwen, and the Spider-Girls each have their own tie-ins they're the focus of.