Page 19 of 51 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I don't mind Peter not getting alot of focus. I know alot of people's complaints about the original Spider-Verse was that Peter didn't really have a reason to be front and centre, and since most of the best parts of Spider-Verse was getting to see all the Spiders interact off each other, trimming some of the fat should allow us to get most of the good stuff.

It also does make sense Miles, Ock, and probably Ben get the most focus in the main story as Peter, Jessica, Gwen, and the Spider-Girls each have their own tie-ins they're the focus of.
    And people seem to forget that the first spider verse series Miles role it was pretty much non-existent, so I'm definitely happy that they reversed it and made him the star. It also makes sense, since his movie is coming out this december.

I'm only in this for Jessica. Apparently Priest was at the Spider panel at NYCC and he only mentioned Astro Spider vand Spider-Kid (who he compared to Nightwing I think?)
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

I don't mind Peter not getting alot of focus. I know alot of people's complaints about the original Spider-Verse was that Peter didn't really have a reason to be front and centre, and since most of the best parts of Spider-Verse was getting to see all the Spiders interact off each other, trimming some of the fat should allow us to get most of the good stuff.
    That and he didn't really do much in the story until the very end. His whole "leader" role was mostly in-name-only while everybody else carried the plot.
    It also does make sense Miles, Ock, and probably Ben get the most focus in the main story as Peter, Jessica, Gwen, and the Spider-Girls each have their own tie-ins they're the focus of.
    It seems like Peter's tie-in is more Jonah-focused from the solicits.

I mean, personally I'm not against other spiders getting the spotlight or Miles in a lead role for movie synergy (he's the epitome of popular AU Spider-Men after all), and Peter's still got sole focus in ASM, I just find it ironic and amusing that these Spider-Verse stories always tend to make Peter redundant.
    Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And people seem to forget that the first spider verse series Miles role it was pretty much non-existent, so I'm definitely happy that they reversed it and made him the star. It also makes sense, since his movie is coming out this december.
    I remember that one story during Spider-Verse where Miles and Ultimate cartoon Peter team-up with 60's cartoon Spidey. That was a fun one .
    Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm only in this for Jessica. Apparently Priest was at the Spider panel at NYCC and he only mentioned Astro Spider vand Spider-Kid (who he compared to Nightwing I think?)
    Vance Astro? Now that I think about it he is very Dick Grayson-ish .

...vand was supposed to be And. Sorry. I can't type on a mobile well.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That and he didn't really do much in the story until the very end. His whole "leader" role was mostly in-name-only while everybody else carried the plot.
    Peter's also never really been the leader type, unless he has either the drive or a plan, like in Spider-Island or Ends Of The Earth. He was moreso a reluctant leader once the Captain Universe Spidey got killed, basically just so Otto wouldn't be in charge.

It seems like Peter's tie-in is more Jonah-focused from the solicits.

I mean, personally I'm not against other spiders getting the spotlight or Miles in a lead role for movie synergy (he's the epitome of popular AU Spider-Men after all), and Peter's still got sole focus in ASM, I just find it ironic and amusing that these Spider-Verse stories always tend to make Peter redundant.
    It appears like Peter gets his ass kicked by Morlun and Jonah tries to help him, which I don't mind, makes it different from all the other Morlun encounters so we aren't just repeating the same ol' with him and Peter.

And to be fair, we don't really go for these Spider-Verse stories to see Peter, other than maybe to see him reacting or interacting to these other versions. We go to see all the other Spiders, new and old, that don't get as much attention.

I remember that one story during Spider-Verse where Miles and Ultimate cartoon Peter team-up with 60's cartoon Spidey. That was a fun one .
    That was one of the best moments in the whole story, and even it wasn't really important storewide, their recruiting subplot was pretty enjoyable.
    Last edited by Inversed; 10-09-2018 at 07:15 AM.

It appears like Peter gets his ass kicked by Morlun and Jonah tries to help him, which I don't mind, makes it different from all the other Morlun encounters so we aren't just repeating the same ol' with him and Peter.
    Agreed, though I hope it's handled better then that time Jonah had to save him from Phil Urich .
    And to be fair, we don't really go for these Spider-Verse stories to see Peter, other than maybe to see him reacting or interacting to these other versions. We go to see all the other Spiders, new and old, that don't get as much attention.
    I mean, personally, if I go into a story starring Peter Parker's Spider-Man and advertised as a major storyline in the Spider-Books I expect the main Spider-Man to have a big and meaningful role in it rather then being relegated to a supporting character.

One of the things I actually preferred about how the Ultimate cartoon handled Spider-Verse was that it was about Peter reacting to and interacting with these other versions of Spider-Man, which actually gave him a reason to be involved and come out of the story with something meaningful for his character rather then just being in the story because he ostensibly has to be.

But with ASM doing it's own thing instead of carrying the event, at least there is a series where Peter gets the unreserved focus, which gives Spider-Verse stories like Spidergeddon more freedom to focus on characters other then Peter (which seem to be the main point).

BANNED

Well at least we know Jessica will survive this story, as she'll be part of Captain Marvel's supporting cast when her title relaunches

Probably obvious from my avatar but, I'm personally reading the event for of Miles, and for Gwen. Weird thing is I pre-ordered the entire event run and the connecting variant covers before it was announced that Miles would be the center focus in the story, so that news was just a huge happy bonus for me. But it makes sense though giving that his movie will be released literally a week after the event wraps up.

Crossing my fingers that, Spider-Man Noir and, Peni Parker's SP//DR make it out ok. Noir and Mechs are some of my favorite genres in movies and anime.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm911 View Post
    Crossing my fingers that, Spider-Man Noir and, Peni Parker's SP//DR make it out ok. Noir and Mechs are some of my favorite genres in movies and anime.
    Even if they don't, my money's on Ock and the cloning machines being involved in resetting everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Even if they don't, my money's on Ock and the cloning machines being involved in resetting everything.
    Also it wouldn't be a smart idea to kill them off anyway, considering the possibility of both of them becoming even more popular thanks to Into The Spider-Verse.

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

I know alot of people's complaints about the original Spider-Verse was that Peter didn't really have a reason to be front and centre
    Yes, and that's why I was hoping Peter would have a proper leadership role this time around. Instead, it seems they've doubled down on their mistake. Oh well.
    "Anyone can win a fight when the odds are easy! It's when the going's tough - when there seems to be no chance - that's when it counts!" - Spider-Man

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Um....still doesn't change the fact that Miles role was still near non existent during the first series. As such, it's good they decided to do the reverse this time.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Actually, Damian Wayne, whom Priest also wrote in several appearances in Deathstroke, particularly The Lazarus Contract crossover with the Titans books and the recent Deathstroke vs. Batman arc. This . . . fills me with cautious curiosity about how he'll interact with Kaine, Jess, and Ashley, since Damian started as (and to some extent still is) quite the insufferable little prick. That said, while I'm disappointed that 616-Peter won't have as big a role in Spider-Geddon until about the end, the big attraction of this sort of thing is seeing all the various permutations of Spider-Man/Woman/Girl interacting with each other, so as long as those interactions are good . . . I can live with 616-Peter not having a major role unless he swings in to save the day at the end.
    Last edited by Huntsman Spider; 10-09-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Um....still doesn't change the fact that Miles role was still near non existent during the first series. As such, it's good they decided to do the reverse this time.
    This makes me wonder which "main" Spider is going to end up not doing as much this time around (other then Peter again).

From all accounts I don't expect Silk will have as big a role in this, and I'm not sure if Miguel will even be in this story.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I hope this is the case, another round of "lets kill these alternate spider-folk you like" would just be boring and miserable
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker