Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

BANNED

spoilers:
    RIP Noir and Spidey UK
    end of spoilers

Yeah, let the misery begin

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    This makes me wonder which "main" Spider is going to end up not doing as much this time around (other then Peter again).

From all accounts I don't expect Silk will have as big a role in this, and I'm not sure if Miguel will even be in this story.
    Since he's back in his time, I don't see him returning here. They should relaunch the spider-man 2099 title and make it be set in 2099. There is still so much stuff to be done.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Well looking at the stakes of this arc, it at least seems to make sense why Peter and Cindy look to be off the table, for most of the arc anyway; spoilers:
    Morlun seems intent on immediately offing the totems this go around. Otto, Miles, Gwen, and Randy get off the hook this issue specifically because they're not totems.
    end of spoilers
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    spoilers:
    RIP Noir and Spidey UK
    end of spoilers

Yeah, let the misery begin
    AAAAAAAAWWWWWWW $^$%&%&^$%$%#$##&#@#$... Not spoilers:
    Spider-Man Noir
    end of spoilers The only solace in any of this is that spoilers:
    he went out in true Noir Pulp-action fashion
    end of spoilers. This event is going to hurt.

So, do we want a separate Spoilers thread or can this become the Spoilers thread so we don't have to tag?
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    So, do we want a separate Spoilers thread or can this become the Spoilers thread so we don't have to tag?
    Just made a thread for spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Well looking at the stakes of this arc, it at least seems to make sense why Peter and Cindy look to be off the table, for most of the arc anyway; spoilers:
    Morlun seems intent on immediately offing the totems this go around. Otto, Miles, Gwen, and Randy get off the hook this issue specifically because they're not totems.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    Randy? Don't you mean Hobie? And Otto's the only one who isn't a totem.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    spoilers:
    Randy? Don't you mean Hobie? And Otto's the only one who isn't a totem.
    end of spoilers
    Whoops, got the two mixed up.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Astonishing Member

There was a lot of Spiders killed back in the original Spider-Verse. Some of them didn't have much importance, but some others were quite beloved (House of M Spider-Man, MC2's Peter Parker, Ben Reilly as Spider-Man... etc). Now, with Spider-Geddon, some of my favourite surviving spiders have been killed too: Spider-Man Noir and Spider-UK. I really don't like seeing so many good spiders being killed and I want this carnage (no pun intended) to be undone. After all, in comics, everyone ends up resurrecting sooner or later. And I think I just found the way to do it.

The key to resurrect the fallen Spiders are in the same cause of Spider-Geddon in the first place: The Inheritors' cloning process. I don't get how it was possible, but when the Inheritors sent themselves to Octavius' "reserve bodies", the bodies mutated to turn into copies of the Inheritors' real selves. Well, I believe this technology could be used to bring back the fallen Spiders, giving them new bodies. However, the body is only HALF of the work. The other half comes from the Web of Life and Destiny itself.

Karn proved that with the Web of Life and Destiny, you can travel through space AND time; as this is how the Superior Spider-Man was sent back to his place in history. Well, here's my idea:

How about if the Web of Life and Destiny is used to "remove" the mind/spirit/whatever of the fallen spiders just at the moments in time they were killed? Then, they are transfered through time and space by the Web of Life and Destiny to new bodies created by the cloning technology of the Inheritors? It would be almost like make these spiders to pass their own version of "The Other", like Peter did (until OMD undid it).

Well, what do you think of this?

Very good issue; A surprise for me. I will pick up the next issue for sure.
    Years before Kal-El ever landed from Space; tales were told of the ultimate warrior/hero; Conan the Barbarian!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Well, what do you think of this?
    Perhaps this is why Peter is taking a backseat, he would morally object to the Cloning process.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Perhaps this is why Peter is taking a backseat, he would morally object to the Cloning process.
    Very good point. However, he's not the only one to have issues with cloning. I mean, Kaine, Ben (the one who died in Spider-Verse) and Ult Jessica Drew would be against cloning too. Yet, if this is a way to bring back the fallen spiders, I will not object.

it was ok. the feel is almost the same as spider-verse, which i guess makes sense for a sequel, but it'll need to show me something different to keep me reading.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Very good point. However, he's not the only one to have issues with cloning. I mean, Kaine, Ben (the one who died in Spider-Verse) and Ult Jessica Drew would be against cloning too. Yet, if this is a way to bring back the fallen spiders, I will not object.
    Scarlet Spider #25 spoilers:
    Kaine is dead.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Scarlet Spider #25 spoilers:
    Kaine is dead.
    end of spoilers
    No

spoilers:
    Ben only wounds him and tells him to get out of Vegas or he WILL kill him
    end of spoilers