Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Spectacular is still selling well, I don’t think it would be cancelled because of this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Spectacular is still selling well, I don’t think it would be cancelled because of this.
    I don't think anyone thinks it will be cancelled - relaunched, maybe, but not cancelled.

But I don't think it will be relaunched at this point, either. It'll just continue with its current numbering.

iMan 42s

If they kill off any spider character then I hope it's handled better than Spiderverse, and with ramifications that don't somewhat undo themselves as was the case with MC2 Peter - Uncle Ben.

However the release date has me intrigued considering Fall would fall under an October release window (typically) so it has me curious if this might have anything to do with a Goblin considering the imagery (sure tangential, but its a thought). What if this isn't an event about Spiders dying but a Spider killing or going on the warpath? Ben has a set of issues with a certain Goblin and dependent on GDS, this might be where he ends up. I could see it make sense;

Peter has a long history and hatred for Norman
    Kaine wouldn't think that much of killing Osborn
    Ben was killed by the guy and is willing to cut loose these days
    Gwen's counterpart was killed by the guy and Gwen's have a habit of being killed by him so theirs enough reason to put him down
    Otto can't stand the guy and he wants him dead as much as Ben might, though for different reasons
    Eddie would also view him as a clear threat and we know how Eddie reacts to this sort of thing

Out of the current spiders I'd say that if convinced to take on Osborn, they probably would go hard after him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossace View Post
    From past spider events this is what I’ve gathered. It’s an event that won’t really have life changing consequences for Peter once everything is all said and done but will have minor effects, but will be used to showcase a specific character or 2 and be used to launch their new solos or team book
    Yeah, we should probably start guessing which other characters will drive the plot of this story to setup or promote their spinoff books while Peter just fumbles around for most of it.

I hope Doc Ock doesn't pop up in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks it will be cancelled - relaunched, maybe, but not cancelled.

But I don't think it will be relaunched at this point, either. It'll just continue with its current numbering.
    I don't see why they'd want to relaunch it unless they want to continue to bleed readers from that book.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If they kill off any spider character then I hope it's handled better than Spiderverse, and with ramifications that don't somewhat undo themselves as was the case with MC2 Peter - Uncle Ben.

However the release date has me intrigued considering Fall would fall under an October release window (typically) so it has me curious if this might have anything to do with a Goblin considering the imagery (sure tangential, but its a thought). What if this isn't an event about Spiders dying but a Spider killing or going on the warpath? Ben has a set of issues with a certain Goblin and dependent on GDS, this might be where he ends up. I could see it make sense;

Peter has a long history and hatred for Norman
    Kaine wouldn't think that much of killing Osborn
    Ben was killed by the guy and is willing to cut loose these days
    Gwen's counterpart was killed by the guy and Gwen's have a habit of being killed by him so theirs enough reason to put him down
    Otto can't stand the guy and he wants him dead as much as Ben might, though for different reasons
    Eddie would also view him as a clear threat and we know how Eddie reacts to this sort of thing

Out of the current spiders I'd say that if convinced to take on Osborn, they probably would go hard after him.
    I don't think they're going to do a big Osborn/Goblin story after Slott's Red Goblin arc.

Is this basically Nick Spencer's second TPB?

There are some downsides to going to an event so soon (relatively limited build-up, disruption in ongoing narratives) though it could help with sales and excitement.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Keep Peter, Jessica, and Miguel alive, wipe everyone else out of existence. Or maybe just depower them and send them back to their worlds.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

Incredible Member Unspeakable Evil's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Keep Peter, Jessica, and Miguel alive, wipe everyone else out of existence. Or maybe just depower them and send them back to their worlds.
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Jessica dies. Most writers aren't using her.

Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Jessica dies. Most writers aren't using her.
    It would be so ironic to see Jess die off in a Spider-Man event .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be so ironic to see Jess die off in a Spider-Man event .
    Ummm..... no

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    I want Julia to return as Arachne Woman

Charlotte to wake from her coma as a new Madame Webb. Hostess costume!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is this basically Nick Spencer's second TPB?

There are some downsides to going to an event so soon (relatively limited build-up, disruption in ongoing narratives) though it could help with sales and excitement.
    To me it says that Spencer wants to hit the ground running and ramp up the excitement early.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Ummm..... no
    Never said it was something I was for...
    To me it says that Spencer wants to hit the ground running and ramp up the excitement early.
    I think he could just as easily do that without the need for an event storyline, but if Marvel wants an event storyline I guess he'll oblige them (assuming he's even the one spearheading this)...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Never said it was something I was for...

I think he could just as easily do that without the need for an event storyline, but if Marvel wants an event storyline I guess he'll oblige them (assuming he's even the one spearheading this)...
    If there has to be an event I would rather it take place in The Spider corner of things rather than another big marvel event.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

it makes no sense to kill off spider-allies now, after the whole Morlun saga. Leave it alone.

I do really hope Spidergeddon isn't another "Everyone dies" story, especially since Death Of The Inhumans, Extermination, and Infinity Wars will have just already happened, I don't think they should go overboard on the purging.

I do think it could very easily serve as a launching point for Miles and Gwen's relaunches, as well as any other Spider books they got planned.

It's still on Legacy numbering AND branding. Can't see that remaining long term.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman