Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    If there has to be an event I would rather it take place in The Spider corner of things rather than another big marvel event.
    Frankly, I think it's about time Marvel had a big event that centered around Spider-Man, since Spider-Man is repeatedly touted as Marvel's greatest hero and is essentially the face of the Marvel Universe. That being said, I just hope Spidergeddon isn't another Grim Hunt-style culling of the Spider-population.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    Keep Peter, Jessica, and Miguel alive, wipe everyone else out of existence. Or maybe just depower them and send them back to their worlds.
    They already sent Miguel back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unspeakable Evil View Post
    I actually wouldn't be surprised if Jessica dies. Most writers aren't using her.
    She's got a toddler. Are you suggesting Porcupine would adopt Gerry?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 05-19-2018 at 02:09 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Mighty Member

I suppose this is neither here nor there, but aren't SpidAgeddon and Spider-Mageddon better names than Spidergeddon?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Frankly, I think it's about time Marvel had a big event that centered around Spider-Man, since Spider-Man is repeatedly touted as Marvel's greatest hero and is essentially the face of the Marvel Universe. That being said, I just hope Spidergeddon isn't another Grim Hunt-style culling of the Spider-population.
    There isn't really much to cull at this point anyways, especially when any other active Spider not named Miles, Gwen, or Ben is pretty much in limbo anyways.

He’s their mascot like how pikachu is the mascot of Pokémon. He is there to sell the brand he ain’t the strongest just the most popular. I wish he gets batman treatment albeit in a smaller dose. Like he’s regarded on the same tier as the other avengers but not the best one among them. But I feel like they do that then people will complain that he loses his everyday man relatableness. They already complain about Parker Industry but that was just dealing with type Peter aspect of the character. Not sure what would be the general feeling would be if Spiderman play a much larger role in the Marvel Universe

I'm gonna guess it has to do with the black suit coming back since we already know that's coming.

Yeah, for me that's the biggest turn-off in a story, seeing a bunch of the characters die, just to be "dramatic".

Sounds like Marvel believe they didn't kill off enough Spidey's in Spiderverse

iMan 42s

The thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is who would they kill off?

Gerry and Miguel's kid are just babies and that's just excessive.
    Peter gets a new launch and came back 4 years ago
    Kaine and Ben share the Scarlet Spider title and Marvel only changes the name between the two. They have no issue marketing both.
    Miguel is in the future again
    Gwen is in her own universe
    And Venom sells well in minis despite some questionable decisions in the ongoings.
    Maybe Doctor Octopus considering recent events, but I would be shocked if Dan Slott didn't take him over to Fantastic Four or Iron man.

Who would they kill? The only thing I can think of is the Web Warriors but they might as well be dead considering how the book flopped so what now? Spiderverse wasn't that long ago and I would really hate for them to use Morlun and family again considering the "stellar" job from last time.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

I really don't like the sound of the title. They better don't use to kill/erase more members of the Spider-Family. I have a suspiction:

The Inheritors return and try to fulfill their failed mission of "ending all spiders". I mean, we never knew what happened to them after Marvel Universe was destroyed and recreated in the Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Is this basically Nick Spencer's second TPB?

There are some downsides to going to an event so soon (relatively limited build-up, disruption in ongoing narratives) though it could help with sales and excitement.
    I agree. I hope this Spidergeddon event doesn’t include Spencer’s ASM. Perhaps this is something to keep Miles, Gwen, Ben and Kaine busy? I don’t buy those books so I hope so.

- Jason G. Carr

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They already sent Miguel back.
    She's got a toddler. Are you suggesting Porcupine would adopt Gerry?
    Technically Carol Danvers is the kid's GodMother and Ben Urich is his GodFather - so if something were to happen to Jessica (I REALLY hope not) then I think Gerry would go to Carol or Ben - unless Roger did indeed adopt Gerry but I don't think so.

I would be really happy is Jessica Drew got another solo out of this.
    Last edited by Seren; 05-20-2018 at 01:36 PM.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    The thing I'm trying to wrap my head around is who would they kill off?

Gerry and Miguel's kid are just babies and that's just excessive.
    Peter gets a new launch and came back 4 years ago
    Kaine and Ben share the Scarlet Spider title and Marvel only changes the name between the two. They have no issue marketing both.
    Miguel is in the future again
    Gwen is in her own universe
    And Venom sells well in minis despite some questionable decisions in the ongoings.
    Maybe Doctor Octopus considering recent events, but I would be shocked if Dan Slott didn't take him over to Fantastic Four or Iron man.

Who would they kill? The only thing I can think of is the Web Warriors but they might as well be dead considering how the book flopped so what now? Spiderverse wasn't that long ago and I would really hate for them to use Morlun and family again considering the "stellar" job from last time.
    Gwen's identity is outed and her book is ending. There's a good chance she'll end up emigrating to 616 (that would justify the Ghost-Spider name in Marvel Rising, since Gwen would effectively be a non-person in 616, legally dead) in the replacement series. She's had the means to commute since Web Warriors launched.

Killing some of the Web Warriors wouldn't be surprising, though Ham (unkillable, he's from a funny animal 'verse), Gwen, and Anya (a 616 native) would obviously survive.

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    I agree. I hope this Spidergeddon event doesn’t include Spencer’s ASM. Perhaps this is something to keep Miles, Gwen, Ben and Kaine busy? I don’t buy those books so I hope so.
    Miles and Gwen will no longer have books at that point. Miles's is already over and Gwen's ends in July.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JGC View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think this might be a Donny Cates Venom thing.

I guess we'll find out soon enough, though.

Incredible Member

I don't have any skin in the game. I'm off to Iron Man and FF.

I just want to say, I love this. 4 pages of hand-wringing, doomsaying, predictions of readers dropping the books, pleas for calmer heads, and wild-wild-wild guesses...

...off of 4 syllables.

You guys are awesome.