Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Except for the minor Spiderverse redshirts, all those characters are alive. Does the body count count when the body becomes a somebody again?

-Pav, who wonders what books'll be affected...
    Well.., yeah, it counts. Sure nobody in comics ever stays dead but my point was that this franchise in the past seven years (maybe longer I didn't check farther and everyone who died) characters have a habit of getting killed off. In the past seven years it's also been pretty excessive, made even more evident by Spiderverse where even different continuities didn't stop writers from killing off fan-favorite Spiders. And when a character dies even if there is a planned "resurrection" they are still off the table until the writer or another one comes in wanting to use them. Sure death is a stop-gap because nothing is permanent, but that's still an indeterminate amount of time before we see them again if at all. It took almost two decades to see Ben Reilly back in action, so the threat is real and makes some all the more fearful considering how much it's happened.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

well based on the solicitations for August looks like this event is a sequel to Spider-Verse maybe Morlun escaped? Anyway not sure how I really feel about this cause the original spider-verse was just O.K but had potential. But Im not going to judge until I read it

I really don't care for the idea of another Spider-Verse story, though it should be fun to see some of the other AU Spiders pop up again in new stories (which was pretty much the best part of the original Spider-Verse, honestly).

I wouldn't be surprised if this story is used as an excuse to bring Anya back into 616 or have Spider-Gwen dimension hop to 616.

iMan 42s

I sincerely hope it isn't another Spiderverse. You really only care about Spiderverse because of fan-service and that somebody may take a hatchet to your favorite incarnation of the character. It's the same problem Web Warriors had with an uninspired set of villains and too many players.

If anything a Spiderverse sequel needs, its more focus than the "original". Nobody cares about how much screen time Silk or Spider-man Noir gets if the guy who knows how to stop this whole thing right now isn't doing it. Either don't include them, or write it off. Don't just not mention it and make your main character look inept.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

If this a sequel of Spider-Verse, i care even less for this frankly.

If they kill Ben Reilly again I'm going to burn the Marvel offices to the ground, then take a dump on the ashes.

I'm all for this being a sequel to Spider-Verse, as long as Morlun and the Inheritors don't come back. Just because I'm not sure what else new they could really do, and would probably think it'd be more interesting if there is a new antagonist or threat for them to face.

An excuse to get all the other multiverse Spiders back together I am very into and very excited to see what they will do with it.

Plus looking at the new solicits, more SP/dr is never a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I'm all for this being a sequel to Spider-Verse, as long as Morlun and the Inheritors don't come back. Just because I'm not sure what else new they could really do, and would probably think it'd be more interesting if there is a new antagonist or threat for them to face.

An excuse to get all the other multiverse Spiders back together I am very into and very excited to see what they will do with it.

I agree! I enjoyed Spider Verse for that very reason, so I’m looking forward to finding out more info.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    If they kill Ben Reilly again I'm going to burn the Marvel offices to the ground, then take a dump on the ashes.
    I feel your pain, but . . . tread carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post

Oh, yes, indeed. I enjoyed SP//dr, too. As for a plot that doesn't include Morlun and the Inheritors . . . could go with ripping off The One starring Jet Li, where it's a rogue Spider who's trying to kill off all the other Spiders so that s/he can take the energy from their connections to the totemic power of the spider and make him- or herself strong enough to become a new god or some maniacal s*** like that.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Oh, yes, indeed. I enjoyed SP//dr, too. As for a plot that doesn't include Morlun and the Inheritors . . . could go with ripping off The One starring Jet Li, where it's a rogue Spider who's trying to kill off all the other Spiders so that s/he can take the energy from their connections to the totemic power of the spider and make him- or herself strong enough to become a new god or some maniacal s*** like that.
    That actually sounds awesome lol!
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post

Hmmm that doesn’t sound to bad not bad at all

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    That actually sounds awesome lol!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Hmmm that doesn’t sound to bad not bad at all
    Thanks, and come to think of it, Marvel already used Spider-Man to rip off The One once. The Identity Wars crossover between Amazing Spider-Man, Incredible Hulks, and Deadpool back in 2010, where Spider-Man met an A/U version of himself called the Amazing Spider (who wore a classic Superman-style cape), who turned out to have increased his power by luring Spider-Men from other realities to drain their life force into himself. Then some shenanigans happened, Amazing Spider ended up dead and in hell, bonding with the souls of the penitent damned, and rose up as Ghost Spider.

A sequel to Spider-Verse seems high-risk/ high-reward, especially this early into Spencer's run.

Pros...
    It should boost sales early on.
    There is a rich history of summer events (Return of the Sinister Six, Invasion of the Spider Slayers, Spider Island) some of which have been pretty good.
    It provides a way to launch new characters/ shake up the status quo.
    Can tie into the animated movie coming out pretty soon.

Cons..
    The build-up on Spencer's side seems a bit limited.
    It might make it tougher for Nick Spencer to make his mark on the series if his first big arc is a sequel to one of Slott's.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    A sequel to Spider-Verse seems high-risk/ high-reward, especially this early into Spencer's run.

Pros...
    It should boost sales early on.
    There is a rich history of summer events (Return of the Sinister Six, Invasion of the Spider Slayers, Spider Island) some of which have been pretty good.
    It provides a way to launch new characters/ shake up the status quo.
    Can tie into the animated movie coming out pretty soon.

Cons..
    It might make it tougher for Nick Spencer to make his mark on the series if his first big arc is a sequel to one of Slott's.
    Hmm, that's a good point, though considering how much may be left open-ended by the end of Go Down Swinging, Spencer does have a lot he could build on and develop further, which wouldn't be so bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Cons..
    To be fair, I feel like the limited buildup wouldn't be a problem for Spencer, as this wouldn't be the first time he immediately jumped into an event story for his book. Remember, the second arc of his Captain America was Avengers Standoff, and that story turned out pretty well.