Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Spidergeddon!

Dark thought- Should fans of books that are on the bubble/ confirmed to be ending be worried about the survival of their favorite characters?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Dark thought- Should fans of books that are on the bubble/ confirmed to be ending be worried about the survival of their favorite characters?
    no not really for example Cable book is ending doesnt mean that he will die. Silk book ended and she is still alive

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I still say a Web Warriors title co-starring Miles and Gwen would sell like hotcakes. Give them a team of unique spider-people like Sp//dr and Spider-Punk - who I'm glad to see are being brought back - and I could see it becoming the kind of strong ancillary spider-title that Marvel seems to have a hard job finding and sustaining.

-Pav, who would prefer Ben and Kaine stay in the 616...
    Add in Lady Spider and I'm sold.

I wonder if Marvel's opinion on launching multiple titles out of a group event (SW started during SV, then Silk and Gwen started right after; Web Warriors spun out of Secret Wars a few months later, but was tied into SV's concept) has changed in the last couple years. I wonder (without evidence or anecdote) whether launching one book whose concept is heavily tied to the event might gain more traction than launching a few books contemporaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    I still say a Web Warriors title co-starring Miles and Gwen would sell like hotcakes. Give them a team of unique spider-people like Sp//dr and Spider-Punk - who I'm glad to see are being brought back - and I could see it becoming the kind of strong ancillary spider-title that Marvel seems to have a hard job finding and sustaining.

-Pav, who would prefer Ben and Kaine stay in the 616...
    That sounds good. Both would be able to commute between their home universes and 616 (yeah, they can use it to have Miles discover 1610's restoration)... and I'd like to see the Champions' faces when they realise that Spider-Gwen is real - only Kamala knew the truth when Miles mentioned the AU Spider-Woman in Champions #16. Sam and Amadeus's reactions should be a sight to behold!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

If a new team spins out of this it needs to have characters who are actually different than each other. That's another problem Spidererse/Web Warriors had where not many if any character actually had any difference in power set or abilities than the other.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    I really don't like the sound of the title. They better don't use to kill/erase more members of the Spider-Family. I have a suspiction:

The Inheritors return and try to fulfill their failed mission of "ending all spiders". I mean, we never knew what happened to them after Marvel Universe was destroyed and recreated in the Secret Wars.
    Well, what do you know? It seems I was in the right direction with my suspiction after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That sounds like the inverse of Dark Nights: Metal over at DC, where instead of alternate versions of Batman that hijacked a Justice Leaguer's powers and then wreaked havoc with them, it's Spider-Man's villains who fused his motif with theirs. Would we also get metal-related revelations about the true nature of the Marvel Multiverse and the Web of Life and Destiny that binds all Spider-Men and Women (and Girls)?
    Or maybe they could go full Metal and Peter and his allies must had to fight a legion of evil Spider-men who are hybrid versions of Spider-man with his worst enemies: Green Spider! Octo-Spider! Electro-Spider! Lizard-Spider! Kraven the Spider! Spider-Sand!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Or maybe they could go full Metal and Peter and his allies must had to fight a legion of evil Spider-men who are hybrid versions of Spider-man with his worst enemies: Green Spider! Octo-Spider! Electro-Spider! Lizard-Spider! Kraven the Spider! Spider-Sand!
    Full Metal? Jacket? Panic? Alchemist? Hmm, come to think of it, was Otto Octavius ever adapted for a series set in the past (pre-20th/21st century) as an alchemist? Also, we technically have Octo-Spider right now with the Superior Octopus being Otto's digitally preserved mind uploaded into a hybrid clone mixing Peter's DNA with Otto's.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

There was a version of Doc Ock in the 1602 continuity.
    http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Victor_...us_(Earth-311)
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Thanks, that was the one I was thinking of.

It's sad than the 1602 Spider-man was one of the victims in the first Spider-verse.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    It's sad than the 1602 Spider-man was one of the victims in the first Spider-verse.
    Yeah, that was definitely sad.

They already sent Miguel back.
    At least that will keep him alive like I want. Now he should stay out of this event.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

I'm hoping this doesn't lead to RYV's cancellation, with the Parker family killed and Annie possibly transitioning permanently to 616. Maybe Mayday will return for this event and she can ensure what happened to her own father doesn't have to happen to Annie's parents.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm hoping this doesn't lead to RYV's cancellation, with the Parker family killed and Annie possibly transitioning permanently to 616. Maybe Mayday will return for this event and she can ensure what happened to her own father doesn't have to happen to Annie's parents.
    Welp, it did.

Since the spinoff series (Spider-Girls and Spider-Force) are three issues each, are we expecting that Spider-Geddon's main series will be 6 issues long (plus the #0)? To be extended to 7?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord