Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

The Rogue One prequel novel Catalyst also spends about half the book in the Clone Wars era with significant plot points like what was going on on Geonosis after the two battles there and stuff with Poggle the Lesser, a younger Tarkin and Mas Amedda. And of course Disney let them adapt Dark Disciple's storyline from an unmade Clone Wars arc into a novel.
    Last edited by Derek Metaltron; 05-19-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Incredible Member

if I ever have a kid or somebody I know who hasn't seen any star wars, I'm going to ignore the prequels and instead have them watch the clone wars and then the original trilogy just to see what they can predict.

it also doesn't give away a lot of the twists, while giving a unique backdrop.

It also allows room to watch droids , then rebels.

I say keep them. For good or bad, they're a part of the Star Wars history, and unlike the Expanded Universe stuff, it's a lot harder to sweep a movie trilogy under the rug. I didn't love them, but I'll still watch them if they're on, and I did show Episodes 1 and 2 to my kids, and that helped me enjoy them more.

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Today I read an article about Hayden Christensen and how the prequels may have ruined his career or at least put it in limbo. It also made reference to the other actors in the films and how they had made it out relatively unscathed.
    Right, because the original trilogy actors had stellar careers after they ended... (Ford excluded)
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

There isn't a need to erase them. Just stop referencing them already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Right, because the original trilogy actors had stellar careers after they ended... (Ford excluded)
    Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill had constant work. Hamill had a rough spell for a bit but he came back. Fisher had an extensive career in writing and film.

Ford was the most successful of course but you are minimizing the careers of Fisher and Hamill to paint it this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill had constant work. Hamill had a rough spell for a bit but he came back. Fisher had an extensive career in writing and film.

Ford was the most successful of course but you are minimizing the careers of Fisher and Hamill to paint it this way.
    Constant work, particularly not in big films, is not the same as what the OP implied though.

Also, I forgot, there is a cameo in Solo that involves a Prequel character, so if it wasn't already obvious, Disney is not discreetly removing the PT from their canon.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    Constant work, particularly not in big films, is not the same as what the OP implied though.

Also, I forgot, there is a cameo in Solo that involves a Prequel character, so if it wasn't already obvious, Disney is not discreetly removing the PT from their canon.
    Fisher has supporting roles in big films in the 80's and then went from in front of the camera to mostly behind the camera becoming one of the most sought after script doctors in the industry. Hamill besides some live action roles went on to a hugely success voice acting career. Ford was definitely the biggest of the 3 but Hamill and Fisher have had very successful careers too. Now Hayden hasn't done nearly as much in volume as they did and to be fair some of that was his choice as I remember at one time him briefly leaving Hollywood and semi-retiring saying he preferred a quite life or something.

iMan 42s

Hayden from what I understood did some business stuff but it's not like he didn't get any acting work since the Prequels. Hayden has had some fairly consistent work but he tends to do a lot more of smaller productions than anything. It seems like he's happier keeping a lower profile than his prequel co-stars. A lot of it was his choice as people seem to be happy to cast him.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

The prequels gave us Darth Maul, Count Dooku and both Clone Wars series. So, whatever their other failings may have been, I'll always appreciate them for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Xero Kaiser View Post
    The prequels gave us Darth Maul, Count Dooku and both Clone Wars series. So, whatever their other failings may have been, I'll always appreciate them for that.
    Don't forget Grievous too!

It's kind of funny how some of the blink-and-you'll-miss-them actors in the prequels also got larger careers.

Dominic West and Richard Armitage play Naboo soldiers.

Keira Knightley of course played Padme's double in some scenes.

Rose Bryne appears in the start of AOTC as Corde the handmaiden.

Joel Edgerton's career has been on the rise lately, and he played Owen.

Perhaps most interesting is Sally Hawkins who's basically an extra in one of the Naboo crowd scenes.

Then again it happened with the OT too. John Ratzenberger is one of the rebel leaders on Hoth, although like many of the rebels in the film I think he was dubbed over-he's the guy who says they have to shut the base doors, but the gruff voice sounds a lot different than Ratzenberger's usual voice.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Ghost View Post
    There isn't a need to erase them. Just stop referencing them already.
    They don't need to do that either. I love the references, like when Luke refers to the Emperor by his Sith name. The subtle connective tissue is the way to go.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

As for Hayden, although he never really became a big star, he's had a better life I think than Jake Lloyd, who at last report was in a psychiatric institution after a breakdown and car crash around 2015.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Empty is thy hand!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    No. Get rid of the sequels. They’ve completely destroyed the story and the character from the OT and the new characters make Jar Jar look like Han Solo by comparison.
    I'm inclined to agree but I'm not asking for it.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that thing should no longer exist. Guess what: a fuckton of people enjoyed the prequel era, which accounts for all the comics, cartoons, games, toys and books, some of which are still being produced today.

I don't enjoy the Disney stuff (while still acknowledging that others do), so I ignore it. You can do the same with the fiction that you don't like.