Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    No. Get rid of the sequels. They’ve completely destroyed the story and the character from the OT and the new characters make Jar Jar look like Han Solo by comparison.
    Keep dreaming man

I can't wait until Hbomberguy creates his video on the Star Wars Prequels, vindicating George "Our Guy" Lucas and casting out REDDIT Letter Media and all those who adhere to their doctrine. So far though, he's only provided a sampling of his viewpoints here and there, scattered about for his ideological patriots to seek out like some holy relic. Here are some short clips of Hbomerguy discussing the Prequals and their genius;

>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c5qRX3shD3I (Part 1)
    >>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VVvmvw_pME (Part 2)
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    Today I read an article about Hayden Christensen and how the prequels may have ruined his career or at least put it in limbo. It also made reference to the other actors in the films and how they had made it out relatively unscathed. And it occurred to me that I had actually forgotten that Samuel L. Jackson was in these movies! That's how much I had blocked them out of my mind! Disney, for the most part, has largely ignored these movies but haven't really taken a position on them one way or another. And with the Fox deal going through, they could decide to just junk them altogether. They've already thrown out the other extended universe stuff. So should they keep these?
    The prequels were heacily flawed but for the most part it flawed in acting, comedic attempts and a few logic. But for the most part it contributed a lot of LORE to the star wars universe. In fact a lot of lore that people forgot came from the prequel and not the original trilogy.

Besides, as films, they were not all bad IMHO. In fact, I'd out elisode 3 somewhere between my 2nd or 3rd most liked star wars film.

That is my problem with the sequel trilogy. Star Wars is about LORE and expanding the universe. At least it is for me. The sequels failed in that. That's why no matter how badly acted or how aweful jarjar was in the prequel trilogy, and no matter how much fans complain about it, the prequel trilogy still remains strong.

Among other things, the PT gave us qui gon, darth maul and his 2 sided saber. Dooku and an amazing yoda fight. If I'm not mistaken, the term Sith also came from the PT. And while there are loud complains about midichlorians, I think it adds a lot of lore to star wars.

The term Sith goes back to the early Star Wars drafts, and in various promotional material from the films, Darth Vader is described as "Dark lord of the Sith". There's also a comic series that came out a few years before TPM that used the title "Dark lords of the Sith", and actually featured a double-bladed saber as well.

Although Palpatine's identification as a Sith wasn't really confirmed until the films. I mean, we knew he obviously was with the dark side and was Vader's master, but we didn't really know he was actually referred to as a Sith lord and had a Sith title (or that all Siths were given the title of Darth) until TPM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

The answer to the OP is no. Beyond the fact that that ship sailed years (from the moment that Disney bought Star Wars, actually), it's been too deeply woven into the fabric of the franchise to be removed, except with a hard reboot
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

....and of course SOLO would make a removal even harder.

Disney is remaking their recent animated classics. For example, animated Mulan came out in 1998 and the live action version will be released in 2020. So, is 2022 too soon to remake Phantom Menace? I'm not sure Disney would do it while Lucas is still alive, but remakes are the direction they are going with their own movies rather than trying anything new.

Their live action renames are pretty much the same scripts with a few changes. So, if they remade the Prequels, they could keep the elements that worked and get rid of those that didn't. Some of the same actors could be involved (for example, Ian McDiarmid) if they did them soon enough. But I'm not sure if Lucas would see remakes as an insult to his Prequels.

Disney's got a lot of Star Wars in the pipeline, with at least two other trilogies confirmed, so I don't see them doing any reboot or do-over anytime soon. Although the anthology films are still kind of up in the air I think, we've heard many rumors about Fett and Obi-Wan but nothing solid yet.

They've certainly used some of the prequel actors already as well, in every film so far apart from THE LAST JEDI has had at least one.

There are way too many awesome things about the prequels (and all things related) to such a foolish move to be even considered.

Plus, little fact that some people love to ignore but that Disney in its cold heartless logic never has forgot, those movies are loved by a fair chunk of the fanbase.

Soooooo, no, thank you for asking.

Honestly, the totality of the Prequel saga was in reality as divisive and mixed reception-wise as TLJ alone is. What's really helped the perception of the prequels as time has gone on is other media products. The tv series' like Clone Wars, the games, the books. It fleshed out the era, and in most cases actually delivered better stories, and on the animation side of things, better acting.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 06-11-2018 at 11:53 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El