Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    My local group of nerds hosted (well, we used to. It's currently a "to be determined" sort of a thing) a weekly board-game meet-up in a local library. And I used to work in a game and toy shop, so I've spent the last few years getting into board game culture.

I've played a lot of great games, but if I had to pick a favourite, it's going to be "Seven Wonders". It's one of the only games I've ever bought for myself, because I love it so much (and it was a great investment, because it's one of those games that just gets played whenever we had a meet-up). As a game, every aspect of it just works for me.

But lately, I've been falling in love with "Dice Forge". That's just fantastic.

And "Libertalia" is another one that I've been trying to track down, because I heard they were doing a new run of it this year (the only one I've ever seen in the wild is a $400 copy on Amazon. Like, I want a copy, but not that badly).
    7 Wonders Duel is pretty good too

Settlers of Catan without a doubt. Then Risk Monopoly. Axis and Allies is also really great.
    Favorite teams. Alpha Flight, Avengers, Fantastic Four, West Coast Avengers, Justice Society of America, Legion of Superheroes.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Yeah, the un-crunchiness of them is why I want to play them. You roll two D6s and add your relevant stat and you've either succeed, succeed with a cost, or fail and things get worse

I'm also a player in a Masks game and that's pretty fun, too. Haven't really gotten to too much shifting labels, though.
    As someone who had to endure years of THAC0, I'm always down for a more chewy experience. PBTA is easy to pick up, and just get into. The simple mechanics, and the fact that players can influence the game world moreso than in other systems makes it something on the tabletop bucket list for me. One day I'll find a group in which I'm not default game master.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Alienated - Die - Far Sector - New Mutants - Once & Future - Runaways - X-Men

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

I love them classics, Backgammon, Go and Mancala.