Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hyped78 View Post
    When you get Blitz Bowl, do you need to assemble and glue the minis? That is another thing that has made me avoid Blood Bowl so far.
    The Human An Dwarf Teams that come with the game are the easier to assemble. They have some pegs and kind of snap but you do need a little glue. The orc Blood Bowl Box (Gouged Eye Not Black Orc Team) are also fairly simple as are the Goblin and Skaven teams. The other teams can be a bit of a pain. Lizardmen took a bit but that was because of the Skinks. To be honest some of the teams suffer from the same problem Games Workshop has always had. Be it Warhammer, 40K LotR. They suffer from too many pieces syndrome.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-29-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

It's cool to see that Blood Bowl is still alive and kicking.

Believe it or not but one of my pal back then used to own the very first edition, with team members in cardboard and all. Been playing that damn game since then lol.

Personnaly owned the 3rd edition.(the same dude also bought the second edition later on, with the big ass board)

Now i play BB only on PC. Aaaah, times have changed i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    It's cool to see that Blood Bowl is still alive and kicking.

Believe it or not but one of my pal back then used to own the very first edition, with team members in cardboard and all. Been playing that damn game since then lol.

Personnaly owned the 3rd edition.(the same dude also bought the second edition later on, with the big ass board)

Now i play BB only on PC. Aaaah, times have changed i guess.
    I play BB on Ps4. I love it.

And I would love to see some of the old copies of the cardboard cut outs. But sadly they are crazy expensive even when a person is lucky enough to fine them.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-29-2022 at 03:17 PM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

My problem with miniatures games is having to assemble with glue and then potentially paint them, I don't have the free time for that and I'm generally a klutz in that type of stuff. I've got my eye on Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game (Game of Thrones), the minis are already assembled and painting is optional:
    https://asoiaf.cmon.com/

My problem with miniatures games is having to assemble with glue and then potentially paint them, I don't have the free time for that and I'm generally a klutz in that type of stuff. I've got my eye on Song of Ice and Fire Miniatures game (Game of Thrones), the minis are already assembled and painting is optional:
    I had no idea this game was a thing. Thanks for telling me a new way to waste my money lol.

I have my teams built but I do not have them all pointed. Only one has been painted.

A good minis game that the figures are put together is the Walking Dead Minis Game. it is out of print but there are still a lot of boosters and the starter on Amazon. They dont come painted but you dont have to to enjoy the game.

It is fun and the rules are supper easy.

The starter is around 50 bucks. Gives you Ick Carl, 3 bad guys and 12 walkers along with rule book dice stat cards and some cardboard terrain.

Each boost normall has 2 characters a walker and stat cards. There are expansions and add ons also. But really dont have to get them. And wont be able to get the Whipserers faction. Or the Kingdom. But everyone else is still out there for a decent price.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I had no idea this game was a thing. Thanks for telling me a new way to waste my money lol.

I have my teams built but I do not have them all pointed. Only one has been painted.

A good minis game that the figures are put together is the Walking Dead Minis Game. it is out of print but there are still a lot of boosters and the starter on Amazon. They dont come painted but you dont have to to enjoy the game.

It is fun and the rules are supper easy.

The starter is around 50 bucks. Gives you Ick Carl, 3 bad guys and 12 walkers along with rule book dice stat cards and some cardboard terrain.

Each boost normall has 2 characters a walker and stat cards. There are expansions and add ons also. But really dont have to get them. And wont be able to get the Whipserers faction. Or the Kingdom. But everyone else is still out there for a decent price.
    Not a big fan of The Walking Dead.

This Game of Thrones miniatures game is excellent - I've played it with a friend a couple of times and the gameplay is easy to learn but quite deep. The game is, like all miniatures games I guess, quite expensive though.

Not a big fan of The Walking Dead.

This Game of Thrones miniatures game is excellent - I've played it with a friend a couple of times and the gameplay is easy to learn but quite deep. The game is, like all miniatures games I guess, quite expensive though.
    Looking at it it seems like a decent deal. 10 bucks or so. less then that on Amazon for about 40-50 models depending on the box.

I enjoy The Walking Dead game not just for the Walking Dead but the minis are good to use for Zombie Rpgs and Post Apocalyptic games.

But the Walking Dead system is super easy so I use the rules in a world that I built. Everyone knows half the fun in gamming is creating characters and worlds
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-30-2022 at 11:30 AM.

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

All miniature games usually have painting as optional. Certain major tent pole tournaments for something like 40K or Age of Sigmar might require painted to enter that particular tournament. But for instance every Warmachine/Hordes tournament I've attended in the last 12 years had no painting requirement, though you could receive extra prizes for having a fully painted army. And then of course any casual play at a game store or wherever would not have any requirements. For the most part I've seen this be true of Malifaux, Infinity, Marvel: Crisis Protocol, Bolt Action, Dropzone Commander, and was true for other miniature games I play or have played in the past, like Firestorm Armada, Anima Tactics, and Shadowsea.

I have been really addicted to to My Blitz Bowl and Blood Bowls 7's

I havnt been just playing the games. I Have been painting them. I have 101 models right now and only 29 painted. And I have more coming next week. It has been come my major addiction and help beat me stress. I have even taken a huge hit in my comics reading this month.

One thing I also love doing is creating back stories and histories for my teams and players

It has been my nerd heaven

Played the GI Joe Deckbuilding game recently, and it's my new favorite game. You have a series of story missions you need to defeat using skills on the Joes, vehicles, equipment, and utility cards you play but in order to complete them you need to roll a number of dice equal to your skill (3 blank sides, 2 single hits, and one double hit) and if you fail a story mission (other than the final one), you don't get another chance. Your situation gets worse and the next mission comes out on the next turn. Mitigating this somewhat is the way that you always know what the next mission is going to be and can plan accordingly. In addition, whatever cards you buy actually go on top of your deck instead of the discard pile so they're part of your next hand, and also all players can contribute Joes to a mission in exchange for not having them in their hand when their turn comes around again.

I'd wholeheartedly recommend this game even to people who aren't into the property, it's just a really good and solid game, even if it's also a great implementation of the property.

Interesting, I thought the GI Joe DBG was just a reskin of the Power Rangers one (which is also really fun). My group may have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Interesting, I thought the GI Joe DBG was just a reskin of the Power Rangers one (which is also really fun). My group may have to check it out.
    No, the Power Rangers, Transformers, GI Joe, and the upcoming My Little Pony DBGs are all unique with thematic mechanics (The Transformers one includes movement so that vehicle mode and robot mode feel different)

Of them all that I have played, GI Joe is my favorite

Now the miniatures games (most which have not yet come out), those are more or less reskins.

I am really waiting for the GI Joe Minis game to come out. I am not super big on card games and deck building games. But I will play some minis games all day.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I am really waiting for the GI Joe Minis game to come out. I am not super big on card games and deck building games. But I will play some minis games all day.
    On the official Renegade Discord, it's been strongly implied that there will be both a Transformers and My Little Pony variant eventually.

On the Renegade deck building games, I am intrigued by the G.I. Joe reviews, they're quite good. Transformers not so much, most reviews have it as an inferior game vs. G.I. Joe.