Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Firestorm Armada got license rescued and will be back sometime next year, so that will be great to have starship battles again.

Shadowsea/Deep Wars is a very interesting miniature skirmish wargame with a heavy focus on the inclusion of more RPG elements. Its not the most competitive minis wargame due to some of its randomness, but it has really deep possibilities for realizing just about any scenario you want: battles, king of the hill, capture, competitive treasure hunts, submarine battles, dungeon exploration, etc. Also very few wargames have underwater as a possibility for the setting, so very unique figures and such.

Dwellings of Eldervale is really good. A recent kickstarter fulfillment and a pretty hefty game with a mixture of different gameplay elements like worker placement and tableu building. Lots of different factions that each play a bit differently and there are many ways to win/score points.

Been playing some Buffy the vampire slayer board game recently and damn, that's sure is one fine coop game.

That one :

It kinda has become my favorite board game.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Been playing some Buffy the vampire slayer board game recently and damn, that's sure is one fine coop game.

That one :

It kinda has become my favorite board game.
    Have you played the expansion?

Not yet, it's a bit of a pain to find right now so i'm going to wait but yeah, i will buy it for sure.

6 new playable characters, that's pretty cool. (Dawn, Riley, Tara, Anya, Faith, and Oz)

All-New Member

Gloomhaven

The game is not very difficult, actually. Just one person is enough who will delve into the rules and explain to the rest. The main disadvantage of the game is preparation time and organization. There are a lot of parts that need to be sorted somehow. My advice is, before the session, decide which dungeons you will play and put aside the components necessary for these sessions. This will save you a lot of time. You can also buy a special organizer, but it's expensive. Finished half of the game, everyone loves it. The characters are pretty unique and interesting, even the starting ones. I advise you to play exactly as written in the rules to make it more interesting. The price is high, but worth it, 8-12 months of content is not a joke I think. There is even a dungeon generator there if you want to play just like that. And, I also forgot about the weight. If you are going to carry it somewhere, then start lifting weights, there are about 30 pounds) It seems to be a little, but it is not very inconvenient to move

I’ve just played Washington’s War from GMT, great wargame

Incredible Member Robotech Master's Avatar

Picked up Mantic's "Armada" miniatures game, a Naval wargame set in their Kings of War minis game universe. Pretty good, fast paced rules and nice models. Managed to continue releases and support through 2021 despite the pandemic and is looking forward to a much better 2022 hopefully.

My friend and I are almost through Part I of the new Sword and Sorcery board game campaign, with your heroes challenging the depths of the not-underdark. Still good times.

I guess this is controversial, but I love Monopoly.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Likewise. It brings out the absolute worst in people but I love that game too much.

It’s simple yet elegant and competitive.

Incredible Member

My current favorite is They Came From Beneath the Sea! by Onyx Path Publishing. It's a rather hammy ode to classic B-movies from the 1950s and 1960s.

It’s terrible!

Im with you on this. I have it on Switch and play it all the time
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

I got a copy of Dune for Christmas.

It's the first theme game I've played in decades that actually felt like the IP it is based off of.

It's not like War of the Ring (which is awesome) or Rebellion (which is okay) in that were just "What If" scenarios.

It actually plays like you're reading the machinations of the books.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I got a copy of Dune for Christmas.

It's the first theme game I've played in decades that actually felt like the IP it is based off of.

It's not like War of the Ring (which is awesome) or Rebellion (which is okay) in that were just "What If" scenarios.

It actually plays like you're reading the machinations of the books.
    War of the Ring is excellent. I don't play it often but it's a great game. The one that you got, is it Dune or Dune Imperium? (I guess it's the former)