Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

I was only following sparingly as it is, like the "answer" issue, the Superfriends arc, and a few others. Of course planned on the wedding but that's off. Done with all that though. I'll keep on eye on where things go from here via CBR and the like, out of some semblance of curiosity because that doesn't cost anything, but nothing other than that.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-02-2018 at 11:50 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    Been buying Batman comics for 30 years at this point both forwards and backwards (think Im only missing a few issues from 400+ and have most between 300-400 and still working backwards too..., haven't stopped yet, why stop now?
    You got me beat. I have only been collecting Batman since 2006 at the start of Grant Morrison's run. But I have every issue since then. I would say Grant Morrison is my favorite writer since the start of that timeframe. King's writing isn't bad, but he is my least favorite writer since I started reading Batman in 2006. But I'm pretty sure Batman will always sell well no matter who is writing it. He's freakin' Batman.

Spectacular Member agentofthebat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    We're getting DickBats soon enough so I'll be there.
    Nightwing and Batman are teaming up???

Quote Originally Posted by agentofthebat View Post
    Nightwing and Batman are teaming up???
    I think he means Dick as Batman
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Astonishing Member

Well the thing he was building up to in issue 50, that I was really interested in seeing as a story, didn't happen

Since that's what I wanted to read about, not about it not happening, I see nothing to be interested in

I have no interest in reading about why it didn't, the set up for that in 50 seemed ridiculous and didn't attract my interest as a story at all

I think I'm going to stick on for now but we'll see. I've been enjoying the run for the most part though I've felt like the last few issues have felt like filler to me. The development of Batman/Catwoman's relationship was the best part for me so without her in it, I'm kinda iffy on continuing but I love Mr. Freeze, so I'll stick around for that arc. After that we'll see...maybe I'll continue or maybe I'll drop it and jump back on when the Bane/Catwoman story picks up again. It's hard to say.

I'm staying for Dick Grayson as Bats and Mr. Freeze, leaving once those two are done. The "wedding" killed my interest in continuing beyond that.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    You got me beat. I have only been collecting Batman since 2006 at the start of Grant Morrison's run. But I have every issue since then. I would say Grant Morrison is my favorite writer since the start of that timeframe. King's writing isn't bad, but he is my least favorite writer since I started reading Batman in 2006. But I'm pretty sure Batman will always sell well no matter who is writing it. He's freakin' Batman.
    I do agree.. while i still buy them.. I have not really felt engaged in the stories for some time (although i really liked Batman #49.. haven't read 50 yet as I bought a new house so i've been in the middle of a move). I'd like to see DC bring in some other "outside" writers from time to time to really mix up the story telling... even if its just a few issue fill-ins..

Like.. i dunno.. someone SO left field that you would never expect it. (provided they arent "above" comics) .... like John Grisham could do some sort of legal thriller type story that focused on some internal setting with Wayne Enterprises (with Bats working on the outside as well to uncover sumntn) or.. evne someone like Anne Rice... Throw some cult **** down in New Orleans that he is drawn down into dealing with i dunno... switch it up. make it interesting and odd... Either way.. its a better idea than what they apparently pulled with #50..

Quote Originally Posted by kevinbruns View Post
    I do agree.. while i still buy them.. I have not really felt engaged in the stories for some time (although i really liked Batman #49.. haven't read 50 yet as I bought a new house so i've been in the middle of a move). I'd like to see DC bring in some other "outside" writers from time to time to really mix up the story telling... even if its just a few issue fill-ins..

Like.. i dunno.. someone SO left field that you would never expect it. (provided they arent "above" comics) .... like John Grisham could do some sort of legal thriller type story that focused on some internal setting with Wayne Enterprises (with Bats working on the outside as well to uncover sumntn) or.. evne someone like Anne Rice... Throw some cult **** down in New Orleans that he is drawn down into dealing with i dunno... switch it up. make it interesting and odd... Either way.. its a better idea than what they apparently pulled with #50..
    Yeah, that is a really good idea. Bring in some writers to write Batman stories in their genre, that would be pretty cool.

Issue #49 was awesome I thought also. Just Catwoman and the Joker laying on the ground talking back and forth. So different and so cool at the same time.

Issue #50, being as everyone has been focusing on the negative aspect of it I don't think it has been brought up. But it was neat to see all the different Batman artists from his past be brought in to do certain pages. I thought that was a nice touch. I will be interested to hear what you think about that when you read it.

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Yeah, that is a really good idea. Bring in some writers to write Batman stories in their genre, that would be pretty cool.
    Y'know, they use to have a separate comic book title where they could do that regularly . . .

I've never understood the appeal of Dick Grayson as Batman. Dick is prominent and important enough to continue to move forward without being a legacy character. He was Robin and then invented his own path as Nightwing, which was the whole point of that aspect of the characters evolution and growth.

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    I've never understood the appeal of Dick Grayson as Batman. Dick is prominent and important enough to continue to move forward without being a legacy character. He was Robin and then invented his own path as Nightwing, which was the whole point of that aspect of the characters evolution and growth.
    He made a good Batman since he wasn't as GrimDark as Brucie-boy gets.
    Besides, when he was paired with Damian as Robin, Dick really was in a good spot to mentor him since he could also view the Robin role from a "been there/done that" position.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KingsLeadHat View Post
    Because it was growth for the character - inheritance, making your own part of the legend.

Also, Black Mirror was an amazing story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Whatever happened in #50 has no bearing on my plans to continue reading Batman.

A new interview from King, and honestly, there is a lot of tidbits in here that I don't really like the sound off...