Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but with all the talk around this upcoming event, is the "Rules of Engagement" lead up story an easy read to jump into, and is King's run worth reading?
    I've enjoyed it, but not enough to pull it regularly. I do think it's worthwhile, but King's stuff is so end-focused it's sometimes hard to tell, and we're only in the middle of it. I'd check out some of the shorter stories like Rooftops and see if you like them, and then go from there.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Amazing Member

Been buying Batman comics for 30 years at this point both forwards and backwards (think Im only missing a few issues from 400+ and have most between 300-400 and still working backwards too..., haven't stopped yet, why stop now?

I'll continue reading after issue 50. I love the Bat comics right now, they are my favorites.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Tarantino View Post
    I am sticking around after 50. Married Batman is now the real test. This is a huge development for the Bruce and Selena relationship after almost 80 years of playing cat and mouse.
    I couldn't agree with you more.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Spectacular Member

I'm sticking around. Really interested to see how married Bruce is handled.

Not pulling that many DC books other than Batman and Mister Miracle. And at least 1 of the upcoming Adventures of Super Sons, Catwoman and Plastic Man series, we'll see. And with Tomasi's Superman and Priest's Justice League ended, I'm not struggling as much with having too many double-shipped books on my list. So definitely able to stick around.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It was clearly made in jest, and Wolfsbane prefaced it by saying the writing was what they liked. The other comment was incidental.
    Thank you SiegePerilous02. I clearly mentioned that I enjoy his writing. The stud comment was just something I added. Apologies if I’ve offended you Major Hoy or anyone else.

But to be on topic, I’m in for the long haul. His style of writing just suits me. I’m also enjoying Tynions run on Detective as well....it’s a great time to be a Batman fan.
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Fantastic Member

Batman, actually comics in general are poor at the moment. King batman is awful, yes there been a few good issues but the overall run been poor. I liked synder batman. All of his arcs were either good or great. Even Gordon run as batman was decent.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I may not stick around if some continuity hijinks don't undo this marriage.

Batman should not be married. Superman should not be married. Not that many long-unmarried heroes that I can tolerate being married and the bigger and more iconic the hero, the less I tolerate it.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    They should just have a bruce and selina book for that and batman and catwoman for seperate adventures. The same could be said about Lois and Clark and I want that Lois Lane book too
    Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    I think the better question is how many will continue if the wedding doesn't happen or the batcat plot was transferred over to the Catwoman solo but King is still on Batman only no romance nothing Batcat just Batman Gordon, Alfred, GG and Duke?
    Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Not much I think many people like myself believe without the bat/cat subplot King would have been dismissed by how he wrote batman already. Those who either enjoy catwoman solo or the marriage will probably go over to the better written catwoman series that is coming soon. Yes I believe that will be the case. If king continues to write batman the way he has he will be gone in about 10 or 12 issues maybe less.
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’ll stick around if Selina does and they explore crime-fighting and married life. Otherwise, it’ll depend on the direction he wants to take with Bruce and whichever Batcharacters he’s hanging with.
    I'll continue to buy issues where Selina is a prominent character. I'm interested is seeing them as a married couple, that is if they actually do tie the knot in issue 50. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to the Catwoman series more than I am continuing with Batman.
    Favorites: Natasha Romanova, Dinah Lance, Janet Van Dyne, Selina Kyle, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Kate Bishop, Sharon Carter, Sue Storm Richards, Carol Danvers

Incredible Member

From reading the Batman preview threads it sounds like more and more people are getting tired of King’s bullshit.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    From reading the Batman preview threads it sounds like more and more people are getting tired of King’s bullshit.
    To be blunt the only thing I'm getting tired of is the rampant negativity on this forum with regard to his run and also the rampant "King is a hack writer" attitude I keep sensing from those posts when I bother to even read them, which it almost never. I (and likely a lot of others) have stopped even bothering with those posts because of the attitude and negativity. I know not every book or writer is going to be to someone's taste but continually complaining about it serves no real purpose either other than to drive the people who might want to discuss the book away. I know I'm staying away from Batman posts because of that. Frankly, I'll be glad when King is off the book, not because I hate the run, because then people can stop complaining about a book they aren't enjoying in the first place. (To be blunt again, I don't think people should continue to read something after they've figured out they hate it for whatever reason. In my opinion, and you can take it for what its worth, why waste the time with a book you clearly hate when there are loads of books available that might be just the sort of thing you might want to read? It just baffles me.)

Edit: And I'm not referring to people who might have voiced a legitimate criticism. I know the run has a lot of flaws and I agree with quite a few of the criticisms.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 06-06-2018 at 06:06 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

And yet sales and critical acclaim continue to pour in. ��

And the number of people who don't post on forums is greater than those that do. There just so happens to be a very vocal group on this forum who hate the book but seriously that means very little in the scheme of things because the overall makeup of the forum is just a small percentage of comic fans.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's usually a lot of the same people though, and this forum is not indicative of a large sample size.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It's usually a lot of the same people though, and this forum is not indicative of a large sample size.
    Yeah, there's that too.