Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

I intend to still pick it up. If the rumours are true then it's just about to get juicy.

Fantastic Member

I will continue for Dick as batman but shipper Tom king is at it again. And he would likely do dick and babs. And i find that relationship terribly boring. So I'm not so sure now to be honest.

Mighty Member

Even as a Nightwing fan, I will not buy the next issues. DC and King did the fans dirty today. I will stand with my morals and stop with King's run.

I will keep buying, don't know the SPOILERS YET, guess I better quit reading threads until tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by DarthNeo View Post
    I will keep buying, don't know the SPOILERS YET, guess I better quit reading threads until tomorrow...
    Or maybe until you've bought/read issue #50 itself.
    I've been complaining about how lame King's Batman has been for a while, but there is always the (slim) possibility that this will actually be the beginning of a huge arc that, in the end, "fans" will truly enjoy and be amazed by all the surprises.
    (And possibly pigs will fly, but still . . .)

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Will keep reading, I'm with this run till the end.

I'm a huge fan of King, and have been enjoying his run so far. As great as Snyder was, I think King has been ever better. His weakest point was that Booster Gold arc, and that still wasn't terrible. So, yeah, I'm in it until the end.

But I get that's a personal preference, and I understand why people would want to get off the ride after 50.

I see no reason not to. I'm enjoying it.
    Batman - Daredevil

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DevilBat66 View Post
    I see no reason not to. I'm enjoying it.
    Same here. Nothing in #50 has changed my mind about that, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Incredible Member

It depends on how much I like #50.

I didn't like the first few issues of King's run, then came onboard & caught back up after I heard about the engagement and found the storytelling around it in I Am Suicide to be really moving and impressive.

The spoilers for how the story revolves in #50 is deeply disappointing. Unless reading the issue totally changes that disappointment, I will end my subscription after 50 and tune out.

If it turns out that the stories get good & rewarding again, I'm sure I'll hear of it somehow, and catch back up.

But I'm not such a sucker that I'm going to return again & again to an entertainment product that disappoints me.

Incredible Member

I just hope that the numbers drop enough for DC to get a better writer now. He might have plans through 100 but if his sales drop enough he'll be gone. I think this 50th issue may be what breaks his run. Here's hoping.

Fantastic Member

Since the Batcat relationship finally ceased for a while I am kind of curious what King would do in the next 50 issues.

Fantastic Member

IF this was an all bane pschological plot bruce better make him really pay. Also no more romance until that is done

Ultimate Member

Probably not, if the rumors are true:

spoilers:
    I don't like having my time and my money wasted and the Bane stuff sounds really dumb as well. Plus Batman/Catwoman was the ONLY thing in King's run that was truly interesting imo. Without it, there's nothing.
    end of spoilers

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I've already told my LCD to remove it from my pull-list.

I like King's writing...for the most part (Omega Men and Vision were excellent)...but I was really hoping for something different and interesting going forward with Batman and minus the Booster Gold arc and the last two issues, the lead-up really felt engaging. Now? It's no longer interesting, not in the least.