Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A new interview from King, and honestly, there is a lot of tidbits in here that I don't really like the sound off...
    Well, this is the interview I think he should have done on Wednesday two weeks ago. It's not everything I think it should be.

And who in the world is copy-editing the EW website? Those typos are shameful.

It sounds like the Bane plot is definitely not going to be a big thing until after the other two or three villains mentioned (so that's frustrating). And his idea of "something we haven't seen before" is apparently "left at the alter." Which other fans have already pointed out isn't new at all. Ah, well.
    Last edited by millernumber1; 07-13-2018 at 12:46 PM.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    He made a good Batman since he wasn't as GrimDark as Brucie-boy gets.
    Besides, when he was paired with Damian as Robin, Dick really was in a good spot to mentor him since he could also view the Robin role from a "been there/done that" position.
    I loved when Grayson and Damian were teamed up together during that time period. Their banter back and forth was classic.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by daningotham View Post
    Yeah, that is a really good idea. Bring in some writers to write Batman stories in their genre, that would be pretty cool.

Issue #49 was awesome I thought also. Just Catwoman and the Joker laying on the ground talking back and forth. So different and so cool at the same time.

Issue #50, being as everyone has been focusing on the negative aspect of it I don't think it has been brought up. But it was neat to see all the different Batman artists from his past be brought in to do certain pages. I thought that was a nice touch. I will be interested to hear what you think about that when you read it.

Finally sat down and read it. I dunno.. didnt do much for me. But then again, i've been reading Batman for decades now so.. I really dont get too worked up over stories anymore. The many many many many variant covers that they let every artist push out for this though does send a misleading message to people that this was something big. This issue I ordered a full set from J Scott Campbell (because I've always liked his style) and a crazy awesome 3-set from 7at9comics by Francesco Mattina - ( https://www.7ate9comics.com/collecti...iant-cover-set ) PLUS i still support my LCS and picked up my issue there.. so.. in that sense.. I will now have 9 different copies of this book.. (I dont buy books for speculation/investment, I buy them because I love the stories AND/OR the art) but man.. 9 copies.. that is also pretty stupid when I think about it.

BANNED

I think more than one variant cover is overkill. And only a very special issue should even get a variant cover. Beyond that, it's all avarice from the company and feels like exploiting the fans.

Amazing Member

Its a money grab opportunity for industry artists to make a buck. I'm not against that.. (except it does disappoint me when some of those are my favorite artists and they have ZERO intentions of ever going back to doing full comics because the pay-per-page (and time to create) isn't even remotely as lucrative as it is selling limited licensed variants through their own websites. Is what it is.. Bringing this back to #50 though... The fact that soooo many were variations of wedding dresses and the like.. It feels flooded and very unnecessary. Its like the modern version of the 90s gimmick covers... foil.. hologram.. gatefold.. die cut... etc etc.. only instead its the artists making some cash.

Thankfully.. two very different things (for me) comparing the 90s to now. 1st: I no longer have the teenage "gotta get em all" mentality and 2nd: At least now I have the purchasing power to buy the copies I want and not feel guilty about it.. LOL.

All in all..

50 wasnt the BANG OUT Key issue that we all HAD to have... but.. as long as they have SOMETHING interesting in the pipe... the long box will just keep filling up.... or .. short boxes... long boxes are cancer.... blew my back out moving them all between homes in a move.... (least the norco's helped.. lol.. rambling)

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    I think more than one variant cover is overkill. And only a very special issue should even get a variant cover. Beyond that, it's all avarice from the company and feels like exploiting the fans.
    I actually don't mind how DC has been offering two different covers on many issues since sometimes I'm not overly thrilled with the main cover. And with DC, the second cover has been usually offered at the same cover-price as the main cover, so it's not like I'm paying more money just to get the variant.

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    A new interview from King, and honestly, there is a lot of tidbits in here that I don't really like the sound off...
    Interesting. Sounds like good stuff to me.

Regarding the original OP, I'm sticking with the title even though the outcome is not what I would have preferred...but it's not the end of the story, as King said. The last page in #50 was a good reveal and I'm interested in how all that played out and how those characters managed to team up together.

Batman and Catwoman not figuring it out is a good thing - otherwise we'd have no story. I like them when they're not perfect and their authentic feelings for one another definitely helped the Cabal of Heartbreak do their job in manipulating them.

I'm picking up Catwoman by Jones too, figuring that while Bruce is sorting himself out over in Batman, Catwoman will be doing the same over in Catwoman. At some point before King's run ends, those two titles will need to dovetail into one another again once Bruce or Selina or they both figure out they were influenced by some notable and some of Batman's greatest foes.

Let the drama continue. I hope Dick brings pizza and ice cream to the manor - they're the best for sulking after a break up.

We may get a wedding yet. It'd make a great Batman #100 and a new status quo for the next writer to explore.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Regarding the original OP, I'm sticking with the title even though the outcome is not what I would have preferred...but it's not the end of the story, as King said. The last page in #50 was a good reveal and I'm interested in how all that played out and how those characters managed to team up together.

Batman and Catwoman not figuring it out is a good thing - otherwise we'd have no story. I like them when they're not perfect and their authentic feelings for one another definitely helped the Cabal of Heartbreak do their job in manipulating them.

I'm picking up Catwoman by Jones too, figuring that while Bruce is sorting himself out over in Batman, Catwoman will be doing the same over in Catwoman. At some point before King's run ends, those two titles will need to dovetail into one another again once Bruce or Selina or they both figure out they were influenced by some notable and some of Batman's greatest foes.

Let the drama continue. I hope Dick brings pizza and ice cream to the manor - they're the best for sulking after a break up.

We may get a wedding yet. It'd make a great Batman #100 and a new status quo for the next writer to explore.
    I'm picking up Catwoman too. Like you said, I'm sure her version of what happened and why will play out in that title and Bruce's will play out in Batman. I will be interested to see the rest of the story.

Fantastic Member

Only well written part will come from catwoman that makes sense of this series of events

So, seven issues later (#57 was scheduled to ship for October 17th), how many people are still buying it?
    (More interesting, did anybody who planned to stop buying it after #50 actually wind up continuing to buy it?)

I've stopped. There are more than enough other comics (both Bat Family and non-Bat Family) to take my hard-earned dollars.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Incredible Member

There definitely seems to be a lot more people who are critical of his run now. I dropped it after the WoJaR crap but have kept up with the title and have had my opinion reenforced every two weeks ever since. The guy is just a bad writer who is incapable of constructing a coherent story and who, from reading his dialogue, has possibly never had a conversation with another human being.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    There definitely seems to be a lot more people who are critical of his run now. I dropped it after the WoJaR crap but have kept up with the title and have had my opinion reenforced every two weeks ever since. The guy is just a bad writer who is incapable of constructing a coherent story and who, from reading his dialogue, has possibly never had a conversation with another human being.
    I think he was spoiled by his fans and his own hype. He's capable of coherent dialogue but when fans praise you for crap dialogue under the guise of "originality and something different and unique" then we get well what we're getting.

King's comics are increasingly becoming books where King merely showcases himself. He'll throw poor dialogue, ridiculous characterization, cheap twists and 9 panel grids again and again just to highlight that the book was written by him.

What kind of fan buys a comic just for a pairing/wedding?