Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default How many people are planning to continue Tom King’s Batman after #50?

I’ve read that a lot of people are sticking with it until the wedding but how many are planning to continue after based off of King’s writing? I know there are those who genuinely enjoy his work but for those who are on the fence, what would keep you on the book or cause you to leave?

Batman and 'Tec are the only two series I read all the time so I'll be sticking it out.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm planning on sticking around after #50. I don't waste my time on books I don't enjoy and even with its flaws I've been enjoying King's run.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I will be sticking after #50. I like what Tom King has been doing with the characters and the art has been really great. It had been a long time since I read something drawn by Lee Weeks, who I find awesome, and Joelle Jones was a nice discovery. Clay Mann was a spot on choice for the title. Still, what really keeps me hooked is the writing

What will cause me to leave it? Basically, feeling that King hasn’t anything left to say about Batman, or loosing interest on what he has to say about the character
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-20-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I mean he said he's staying at least until #100; so yeah, I'll stick around but I'm dropping 'Tec after Tynion is gone.

Fantastic Member

I'm continuing I am super interested to see a married Batman and Catwoman in the main continuity book.

Fantastic Member

They should just have a bruce and selina book for that and batman and catwoman for seperate adventures. The same could be said about Lois and Clark and I want that Lois Lane book too

I think the better question is how many will continue if the wedding doesn't happen or the batcat plot was transferred over to the Catwoman solo but King is still on Batman only no romance nothing Batcat just Batman Gordon, Alfred, GG and Duke?

Fantastic Member

Not much I think many people like myself believe without the bat/cat subplot King would have been dismissed by how he wrote batman already. Those who either enjoy catwoman solo or the marriage will probably go over to the better written catwoman series that is coming soon. Yes I believe that will be the case. If king continues to write batman the way he has he will be gone in about 10 or 12 issues maybe less.

It's my favorite title and King's is my favorite run on Batman ever so yes, I'll stick around as long as King does. And then I'll read whoever's next. I've read almost every Batman run for about 45 years.

Quote Originally Posted by nonsense man View Post
    Not much I think many people like myself believe without the bat/cat subplot King would have been dismissed by how he wrote batman already. Those who either enjoy catwoman solo or the marriage will probably go over to the better written catwoman series that is coming soon. Yes I believe that will be the case. If king continues to write batman the way he has he will be gone in about 10 or 12 issues maybe less.
    You figure he's getting the boot for the great sales or the great reviews? Or is it the award nominations? Don't take the opinion of these boards to be a reflection on how his run is being received commercially or critically. It's a huge hit. DC will let King write whatever he wants as long as he wants to write it.

I'm on board for as long as King is. I personally think his run has gotten a lot better over the past 20+ issues, not that it was bad when it first started. I just really like the short no-more-than-3-issues-and-done arcs they have been doing. I think those better fit King's writing style, than longer arcs do.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

BANNED

I am sticking around after 50. Married Batman is now the real test. This is a huge development for the Bruce and Selena relationship after almost 80 years of playing cat and mouse.

We're getting DickBats soon enough so I'll be there.

I definitely will. There's been some iffy moments but it's pretty great overall. Though can't say I loved the Booster Gold issues. We get it, his parents are dead!