Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default How many people are planning to continue Tom King’s Batman after #50?

I’ve read that a lot of people are sticking with it until the wedding but how many are planning to continue after based off of King’s writing? I know there are those who genuinely enjoy his work but for those who are on the fence, what would keep you on the book or cause you to leave?

Batman and 'Tec are the only two series I read all the time so I'll be sticking it out.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm planning on sticking around after #50. I don't waste my time on books I don't enjoy and even with its flaws I've been enjoying King's run.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I will be sticking after #50. I like what Tom King has been doing with the characters and the art has been really great. It had been a long time since I read something drawn by Lee Weeks, who I find awesome, and Joelle Jones was a nice discovery. Clay Mann was a spot on choice for the title. Still, what really keeps me hooked is the writing

What will cause me to leave it? Basically, feeling that King hasn’t anything left to say about Batman, or loosing interest on what he has to say about the character
    Last edited by Chubistian; 05-20-2018 at 05:42 PM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I mean he said he's staying at least until #100; so yeah, I'll stick around but I'm dropping 'Tec after Tynion is gone.

Fantastic Member

I'm continuing I am super interested to see a married Batman and Catwoman in the main continuity book.

Considering I rarely buy the book since King started, I don't anticipate changing that.
    Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I mean he said he's staying at least until #100; so yeah, I'll stick around but I'm dropping 'Tec after Tynion is gone.
    And I'm more likely to consider buying Detective Comics once it's Tynion-free, as long as they don't make Tomasi the regular writer (AGAIN).

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    I absolutely love Tom King and his writing. I’m sticking around for the rest of his run....He is such a stud too!
    Yes, "studliness" of the creators is one of the most important criteria to evaluate when deciding to purchase a comic book series.
    (Or, . . . NOT.)