Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Didn't pay attention to what quote that last part of what I said was playing off of?
    No I saw that, they didn't say that's why they are buying the book or that it was important criteria. So your response seemed kind of odd, but I admit I may be reading it wrong, text on the internet being what it is (lack of tone, etc).
    Last edited by SiegePerilous02; 05-22-2018 at 11:28 AM.

I personally like what King has done with Batman. I've loved Batman for years and I'll read even after he is gone... as long as its not Christopher Priest... that would ruin Batman for me.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    No I saw that, they didn't say that's why they are buying the book or that it was important criteria. So your response seemed kind of odd, but I admit I may be reading it wrong, text on the internet being what it is (lack of tone, etc).
    The fact that Wolfsbane even thought that it was worth mentioning made it, in my eyes, fair game to comment on.

Me...

With solicitations always three months out, I’ll continue to get what interests me...
    #MagnetoWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    We're getting DickBats soon enough so I'll be there.
    Wait he is doing Dickbats? When does this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I would guess maybe during the honeymoon, but I don't really know for sure.

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

So what were the hits and misses with King? I think I missed a lot .

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MarkRodriguez09 View Post
    So what were the hits and misses with King? I think I missed a lot .
    Depends on who you talk to, I haven’t seen a single hit from his run but others seem to like it. As for sales determining King’s success, it’s Batman, it’s gonna sell regardless of who’s writing it. He’s not exactly putting up record breaking numbers.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    Depends on who you talk to, I haven’t seen a single hit from his run but others seem to like it. As for sales determining King’s success, it’s Batman, it’s gonna sell regardless of who’s writing it. He’s not exactly putting up record breaking numbers.
    You do know how difficult it is to even get "record breaking numbers" at all in this day and age, right? Snyder's Batman sold like crazy but that was the exception for the book and not the rule. I doubt very much ANY other Batman writer's run is going to do the numbers Snyder's did.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-22-2018 at 07:28 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

My least favorite comic!
    Already dropped it lol.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    The fact that Wolfsbane even thought that it was worth mentioning made it, in my eyes, fair game to comment on.
    It was clearly made in jest, and Wolfsbane prefaced it by saying the writing was what they liked. The other comment was incidental.

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    It's a chicken or the egg scenario: do these writers sell because Batman is just that popular, or does the fact that Batman gets all the big name, high selling writers make him a big seller? Either way, money and numbers talk, and at the end of the day that's all DC cares about. The positive reviews don't hurt either. King's run isn't going to be cut short despite what some people may want.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I dropped it and am trade waiting, but I intend to get all the trades right up until the end.

The people who dislike/hate King's run are not in the majority, they are just very loud and like to make people think they are. This will last all the way to #100.
    Well yeah that is par the usual course in this context. The ones who are okay with it have little to say beyond liking it and the critics will be critical.

Personally, I like his craft, even in this run but it's my least favorite work of his by a good margin and the only one with (to me) a clear miss.

Will he reach the 100th mark? Its fine with me, I vote with my wallet so I can just wish the best for him and fans of the book.
    Last edited by Aioros22; 05-22-2018 at 07:24 PM.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    Both the honeymoon and after. The next arc is about Batman's brutality against Mr. Freeze in the past, and Bruce voluntarily goes to prison, so Dick's filling in. I think. It's in the newest solicitation.

BANNED

Honestly I dont see anything interesting post marriage. Heck I dont see anything interesting right now aside from the promise of the marriage coming up which King has dragged out for eternity.

The book has been treading water since I am Bane. King has been writing filler after filler.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but with all the talk around this upcoming event, is the "Rules of Engagement" lead up story an easy read to jump into, and is King's run worth reading?