Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

Agreed. He’s completely incompetent is his own title. King seems to think that the only way to build Selina up is to tear Bruce down. It’s ridiculous.

Incredible Member

After today's news, who plans on sticking with King and who plans on dropping this travesty?

I'm dropping the book. Just too much of a mess.
    My favorite characters of all time are Bruce Wayne and Dracula.

Amazing Member

Dropping. You can't build up something for so long only to pull the rug out from under readers. I'm not charlie brown and I'm not going to keep trying to kick the football.

I changed my mind, bye bye.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Unless one of the rumors pans out: Goodbye Batman

I just recently got caught up to speed with this run. Read most of the major arcs, read 48 and 49. I wasn’t feeling it at all but was pretty interested in the marriage and what came after. I honestly feel cheated and dumb now for trying to get caught up. I’ve been reading comics a long time and this is one of the few times I’ve felt that way. I’ll pass and wait on a new writer, hope it’s not another 50 issues.

Fantastic Member

wait for a new writer on batman only his what if tale annual and the superman lois lane double date was any good in my opinion king is good in small doses but when he is writing something like batman it is off

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I'm out as well not because I thought King's work on Batman has been poor but because I can't let the blatant false advertising DC's PR machine used slide. To me this is just as bad a thing as the ridiculous 1-900 Stunt they pulled with Jason Todd. I may even end up dropping all of my DC pulls because of this underhanded stunt.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

BANNED

Heads need to roll. Us Batman fans just want to read about the character fighting crime and supervillains, something which the last 2 years of the flagship books have pitifully failed to deliver on. For the last few years the books have been hijacked by Snyder's cronies who coast by because of nepotism. We've had 50 Duke Thomas and Harper Row pushes(why? Who cares?, dump them or kill them)shipping, shipping and more shipping, Robin has been exiled from the Batbooks entirely while other writers threaten to make Deathstroke his father or a killer. This isn't just about Tom King. This is about the arrogant Bat office that needs to get its house in order. We shouldn't drop Batman. DC higherups need to drop the writers and editors plaguing the office and books these last few years.
    Bane Conquest 12 had a similar ass pull after a year of build up. The only difference is that it did not even have a fraction of the hype. Same holds true for Batwoman.
    Now all eyes will be on Bendis, Priest and Glass. If in quick succession they split Lois and Clark, have Damian be in any way related to Slade biologically, make Jon a villain or Damian Red Hood lite then DC is looking at a summer and fall of serious drubbing. It doesn't end here either, Mister Miracle being one bad dream is going to tick off people, Heroes in Crisis already has people wary that its this decades Identity Crisis. There is a strong possibility King is going to become a very toxic writer these next few months. People can handle pretentious stunts for so long.
    Deathstroke vs Batman is going to be shredded no matter what now. If Damian is Slade's son then people will complain but if he isn't Slade's son the people who were suckered in to buying the book to the point its sales increased by more than 100% will also riot. DC had a good thing going with Rebirth then they decided to become more like Marvel. I'm honestly tempted to blame Bendis, this guy is a jinx.
    Last edited by Armor of God; 07-01-2018 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Heads need to roll. Us Batman fans just want to read about the character fighting crime and supervillains, something which the last 2 years of the flagship books have pitifully failed to deliver on. For the last few years the books have been hijacked by Snyder's cronies who coast by because of nepotism. We've had 50 Duke Thomas and Harper Row pushes(why? Who cares?, dump them or kill them)shipping, shipping and more shipping, Robin has been exiled from the Batbooks entirely while other writers threaten to make Deathstroke his father or a killer. This isn't just about Tom King. This is about the arrogant Bat office that needs to get its house in order. We shouldn't drop Batman. DC higherups need to drop the writers and editors plaguing the office and books these last few years.
    Bane Conquest 12 had a similar ass pull after a year of build up. The only difference is that it did not even have a fraction of the hype. Same holds true for Batwoman.
    Now all eyes will be on Bendis, Priest and Glass. If in quick succession they split Lois and Clark, have Damian be in any way related to Slade biologically, make Jon a villain or Damian Red Hood lite then DC is looking at a summer and fall of serious drubbing. It doesn't end here either, Mister Miracle being one bad dream is going to tick off people, Heroes in Crisis already has people wary that its this decades Identity Crisis. There is a strong possibility King is going to become a very toxic writer these next few months. People can handle pretentious stunts for so long.
    Deathstroke vs Batman is going to be shredded no matter what now. If Damian is Slade's son then people will complain but if he isn't Slade's son the people who were suckered in to buying the book to the point its sales increased by more than 100% will also riot. DC had a good thing going with Rebirth then they decided to become more like Marvel. I'm honestly tempted to blame Bendis, this guy is a jinx.
    Please, people are reading to see Batman and Deathstroke fight, not because they care about Damian. I’m reading it because Priestroke is the best the character has been written in years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Please, people are reading to see Batman and Deathstroke fight, not because they care about Damian. I’m reading it because Priestroke is the best the character has been written in years.
    Thats your pov but DC has used Damian's parentage as their primary marketing angle for this story. That's not even debatable, its fact. It would take a miracle for Deathstroke vs Batman to not piss off fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Armor of God View Post
    Isure would like to live in your Universe, because Duke was barely pushed, if at all, in the bat-books since Rebirth started. And for your information, there is quite a lot of peoples caring about him, and I also like Harper, thank you very much.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    Isure would like to live in your Universe, because Duke was barely pushed, if at all, in the bat-books since Rebirth started. And for your information, there is quite a lot of peoples caring about him, and I also like Harper, thank you very much.
    Push means repeated changes in creative directions after every last one fizzles out just to keep the character in print. First Duke was Robin, then he's something better, then he's Signal the day time protector and now looking to be an Outsider. Why? Why are they wasting all these ideas and creative energy on this character? Moreover since he made his debut Duke Thomas has appeared in more issues of Batman than Robin. Its clear that someone with influence wants him to replace Robin. The Bat office has a major priority problem. Harper has mercifully faded in to oblivion but they literally had to waste Robin's anniversary to push her.

BANNED

I'm curious about the rest of the story King wants to tell, but this may turn into another scenario like Brand New Day for Spider-Man...where fans who read the stories argued that you could told the exact same ones with Peter and MJ still married. Nothing could have stopped King from doing the same with Bruce and Selina married and giving us some unique insight into how to keep Bruce edgy, conflicted and maybe even miserable while depicting Selina going through her own ordeals in her ongoing working out to best function as the Bat-Bride.

To turn a memorable quote on it's head, you had my curiosity, but now you no longer hold my attention