Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Rebirth costume was pretty tasteful so I take it you're referring to the last time she had a blue skirt, with the Post-Crisis costume?
    Yeah, the pre-flashpoint version with the midriff. Not that it was really inappropriate, but I think it's really important that writers and artists approach her as a teen and that was something that made it a little worse to me.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

That front cape sash thing is so unnecessary. The whole costume feels unnecessary, except the pants. I don't know what the hood's for, it's gonna come off when she's flying.

It would be kind of interesting if Jimenez threw that in there after learning from the Reborn costume.
    I wouldn't doubt it if that were the case, but it'd be cool to know for sure.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Solicit:
    SUPERGIRL #21
    written by MARC ANDREYKO
    art by KEVIN MAGUIRE
    cover by TERRY DODSON and RACHEL DODSON
    variant cover by AMANDA CONNER
    blank variant cover available
    Mourning the loss of the Kryptonians wiped out by Rogol Zaar, Supergirl decides to play detective and sets off into deep space to learn more about the would-be usurper. Using whatever tech she can scrounge, Supergirl builds a star cruiser, and after intel from Green Lantern, she blasts off into the cosmos with Rogol Zaar’s deadly axe to solve the mystery—along with a traveling companion you won’t believe!
    ON SALE 08.08.18
    $3.99 US | 32 PAGES
    FC | RATED T
    This issue will ship with three covers.
    Please see the order form for details.
    I wonder if "Green Lantern" is Hal? Or Guy?

Also interesting that they're playing into Kara's tech-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Lol that's the trend now, hoods.

But awesome. I was just fine with the creators before and even felt bad for Ching that they pretty much had to replace him with someone more aesthetically inclined, but I welcome this group just the same. Seems much less like a tv tie in which I do slightly prefer
    Hate the hoods..Why in hell do they need hoods?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Apparently the costume on the cover is only when she is space, she'll still have her normal costume.
    So that's why she carries a poleaxe?

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    So that's why she carries a poleaxe?
    Well, the poleaxe seems to be her new go-to-weapon .

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Well, the poleaxe seems to be her new go-to-weapon .
    THe poleaxe must be Rogol Zaar's.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

I read a collection of the first 13 SG Rebirth issues + an annual and some awkward Batgirly crossover.

... Her costume was really the very least of the issues. From the 3 SG runs I read (this, 90ys-2ks Matrix SG and some pre Flashpoint SG run) this was the worst. It was not unbearable bad or something. Just... surprisingly lame; kind of disappointing. The things that worked for me that she was actually Supergirl, her kind personality and the more classic take on the costume.

I do not mind that costume:
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim Shady View Post
    Attachment 66130

That looks pretty good
    If thats the new official one... well, yeah. I guess its even an improvement. But as said; IMO that the least of SGs problems.

Lol that's the trend now, hoods.
    Well sure. We need to make sure every part of the body is covered.
    The Gypsies had no home. The Doors had no bass.

Does our reality determine our fiction or does our fiction determine our reality?

Whenever the question comes up about who some mysterious person is or who is behind something the answer will always be Frank Stallone.

"This isn't a locking the barn doors after the horses ran way situation this is a burn the barn down after the horses ran away situation."

Shades of the silver age with the changing costumes. Or it was the bronze age?
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

During her Bronze age years with Adventure and that first solo title, she broke away from her young teen image a bit and had a few different looks. I really hope they reprint Supergirl stuff from 69-74 at some point. Maybe to complement the new stuff.

During her Bronze age years with Adventure and that first solo title, she broke away from her young teen image a bit and had a few different looks. I really hope they reprint Supergirl stuff from 69-74 at some point. Maybe to complement the new stuff.
    The Matrix version was written as a 20-something woman with multiple romance plots.

DC is currently reprinting Supergirl's Silver Age stories. So I think they might do it once they run out of Silver Age material.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Astonishing Member

interesting that these spare looks are all references to other Superbook characters.

The red and black looking Jon Lane Kent esque.

Hoodie design ala Superwoman/Lucy Lane.

The Conner Kent Superboy look is pretty obvious.