Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Default Supergirl Gets a New Costume + Creative Team

So the book is not relaunching, but continuing on with it's Rebirth numbering at #21 with new creative team

http://www.syfy.co.uk/news/exclusive...nd-new-costume

I was observing this in Newsarama.. I WANT TO SEE SOLICITATIONS.

We will continue in Supergirl 21? Something unexpected, like happened with the Teen Titans.

I LIKE THIS BLACK COSTUME with a hood.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2018 at 08:31 AM.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

The old costume was just fine though the comic just needed better writers. This one well it looks like an old Superwoman costume I know of one that had a white hood this one is not bad though I question it a little.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 05-21-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lol that's the trend now, hoods.

But awesome. I was just fine with the creators before and even felt bad for Ching that they pretty much had to replace him with someone more aesthetically inclined, but I welcome this group just the same. Seems much less like a tv tie in which I do slightly prefer

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    The old costume was just fine though the comic just needed better writers.
    Apparently the costume on the cover is only when she is space, she'll still have her normal costume.

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Apparently the costume on the cover is only when she is space, she'll still have her normal costume.
    I must have missed that then though the new costume bothers me because of how part of her cape seems to be glued to her front.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Well at least they're doing something interesting with Supergirl. The costume looks okay I guess.

There was also people saying Bendis was ruining the Superman line because of the cancellations lol.

It reminds me of Mortal Kombat. I hope it magically drapes her form as she says, "LEPTILE."

But a detective story in space from Andreyko and Maguire that... may feature some form of the Legion? Or at least some other underused characters that are also somehow too big to spoil.

So Supergirl is getting less of a relaunch and more of a continuation from a hiatus ?

Interesting that she'll be the one more directly investigating Zaar instead of Clark. Been a while since I think we've had a good Supergirl cosmic adventure.

Andreyko as the writer is an interesting choice. He seems to have some interesting ideas and a nice approach to Kara, so I'm eager to see what he has in store for the book, but not really a "big name" all the same.

I'm curious to see what "cosmic" characters we haven't seen in a while will be.

I wonder if Andreyko is a Ben Reilly fan with his apparent love of hoodies ?
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Oh, that's good. I would really not have been for this as her new main costume...

Her normal costume has changed as well though. Classic S symbol, different belt, the skirt is now blue instead of red.

There are extra images here that aren't on the Syfy UK article: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...nd-new-costume
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It reminds me of Mortal Kombat. I hope it magically drapes her form as she says, "LEPTILE."

But a detective story in space frpm Andreyko and Maguire that... may feature some form of the Legion? Or at least some other underused characters that are also somehow too big to spoil.

feh!

And Andreyko? Didn't he write those miserable issues of Batwoman pre-Rebirth?

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Seems to carry some influence from the look of another Danvers....CAROL Danvers, the Captain Marvel of the Marvel Universe.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her normal costume has changed as well though. Classic S symbol, different belt, the skirt is now blue instead of red.

There are extra images here that aren't on the Syfy UK article: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...nd-new-costume
    I prefer the other with Red skirt.. Too blue. The problem with Superman costume in N52.. Fortunatelly, he had a red belt.

I hope see the other costume during more time.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-21-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    feh!

And Andreyko? Didn't he write those miserable issues of Batwoman pre-Rebirth?
    I like Andreyko from Manhunter, which might feel a bit like this. I certainly didn't read Batwoman, but that had nothing to do with him or Haun and everything to do with the editorial decisions surrounding that run back when they were announced.

Good thing this seems to be stepping away from the TV aspect. The new costume looks nice too.