Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I just hope that in between Man of Steel and her book's hiatus ending, we do get a lot of Kal and Kara working together in the Superman books. I didn't anticipate her solo starting again so soon so I wasn't looking at the clock wondering how much time they could have together. Now that it is indeed the case, I hope Bendis makes the most of this hiatus period.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

DC is probably going to line wide relaunch once Doomsday Clock is over so I can understand them not wanting to relaunch now. It would look bad to relaunch now and then do it again a year or so later.

All-New Member

Jorge Jiménez does it again.

I’ll pick this up if it leads to a reunion with Guy Gardner, but I’m gonna have to see how the overall quality is when it comes out.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo, this version is sick as f#%k! Seems like it'll be adapting to environments more physically than I anticipated

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    I’ll pick this up if it leads to a reunion with Guy Gardner, but I’m gonna have to see how the overall quality is when it comes out.
    If she's going to interact with the Corps, I have a hard time imagining them not utilizing her friendship with Guy. I'd consider at least one appearance by him to be close to a definite.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member

The costume is bad (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    It's about time we not only got the blue skirt back, but also had it at the same time as Kara having proper (well, YMMV) coverage for a 16 year old.
    The Rebirth costume was pretty tasteful so I take it you're referring to the last time she had a blue skirt, with the Post-Crisis costume?
    Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo, this version is sick as f#%k! Seems like it'll be adapting to environments more physically than I anticipated

This makes it look like Kara's taking fashion tips from Conner and Cassie, even though she shouldn't remember either of them .

I wonder if another purpose of the hoodies is to conceal Kara's face as she does these investigations? Especially if she runs afoul of the Green Lantern Corps.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post

This reminds me a lot of Supergirl: Being Super. It was a good series. Gives her a very down to Earth look. I'm getting a very Conner vibe off of this. I wonder if that's what they were going for.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Kara has a long history of changing costumes for various adventures, so I'm into that.

Creative team isn't my go-to, though. We'll see.

Now that I think about it, if Superman and Earth are going to be in the Phantom Zone, and Kara goes off to space, it suggests Supergirl won't be on Earth when its sent to the Zone, thus their time together won't be much longer than the MOS mini itself. Sigh. I'll take what I can get there though.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Her normal costume has changed as well though. Classic S symbol, different belt, the skirt is now blue instead of red.

There are extra images here that aren't on the Syfy UK article: http://www.syfy.com/syfywire/exclusi...nd-new-costume
    I REALLY like this! For two reasons, actually. One: since that's basically an updated version of her original Silver Age look... and Two: it's not a top and skirt. It looks like a dress with a metallic belt as a break-up/accent. That's really big or "in" right now (has been for awhile) and helps what might otherwise be considered too much blue (which, depending on who shaded it, kinda was in Superman's case).

That's pretty smart on their part!
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    DC is probably going to line wide relaunch once Doomsday Clock is over so I can understand them not wanting to relaunch now. It would look bad to relaunch now and then do it again a year or so later.
    Between the constant delays for that event and tom king planning another crisis story, there is no chance DC is betting on doomsday clock for any sort of line wide relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Between the constant delays for that event and tom king planning another crisis story, there is no chance DC is betting on doomsday clock for any sort of line wide relaunch.
    King’s doing an event? Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    I REALLY like this! For two reasons, actually. One: since that's basically an updated version of her original Silver Age look... and Two: it's not a top and skirt. It looks like a dress with a metallic belt as a break-up/accent. That's really big or "in" right now (has been for awhile) and helps what might otherwise be considered too much blue (which, depending on who shaded it, kinda was in Superman's case).

That's pretty smart on their part!
    It would be kind of interesting if Jimenez threw that in there after learning from the Reborn costume.