Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not even close to what passes for skintight in superhero art.
    What are you talking about? Here **** look like two ridiculous torpedoes!

Her ugly aviator cap just happened to have cat ears in it??! The whole thing was a mess and made no sense. It looked cumbersome and bulky.

These people (neither are me), and others, summed it up perfectly:

Cooke had much better work under his belt. His Catwoman costume led to the character's downfall. She became aesthetically unappealing. Artists tried every which way they could to sex the costume up and draw attention to her, but it still looked like a tragic mess. Guillem March was one of the artists who REALLY wanted the goggles ditched and was looking to redesign the costume. The character hardly ever used them. There was no purpose. When she took them off and pushed them to the top of her head, the cap was ugly as sin. Harley and co. were able to take over the top spot with readers and the public at large. 17 years with the same costume has to be a record for the character.

Last edited by tbgo; 05-28-2018 at 03:15 AM.

BANNED

I rather she had the mask or googles on mask she sports in Rises or the 60s show.

Coocke's cap and this harp to the same origin: it's a Miss Fury design, plain and simple.

Selina looks better off with the hair loose and she can keep it short anyhow.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Cooke ruined Catwoman for decades? Lol what utter nonsense. That purple suit of her's was worse than Cooke's. He did the character a favor.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    It's not even close to what passes for skintight in superhero art.
    I agree
    the suit looks ruffled
    I created a thread about Dick Grayson/Nightwing and Koriand'r/Starfire. It is to acknowledge and honor their iconic and popular relationship.

I created a fan page about Peter Parker/Spider-Man and Mary Jane Watson. This page is for all the Spider-Marriage fans.

Quote Originally Posted by tbgo View Post
    Cooke had much better work under his belt. His Catwoman costume led to the character's downfall.
    What downfall?

The character's been doing fine, even through a mostly poorly-received New52 run (which also had a critically acclaimed Valentine run in it).

Catwoman not having a solo title at the launch of Rebirth clearly seems to be about King's plans for the character as - in his own words - the co-lead of Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Its gonna be hard to replicate the success of the Brubaker/Cooke design as it really took off as the character had that look outside comics. Rockstar used that look in video games .

Rocksteady** did use the design and ruined it. Nothing bothers me more than how its always unzipped and showing. Then the separation of cowl and bodysuit was annoying to see.
    Cooke designed a great outfit but it slowly became unlikeable after Brubaker left the Catwoman run.

Amazing Member

I think they could've given her costume bare shoulders or short sleeves, the arm-pit window is a bit weird.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I'm excited for the new solo. Everything about it is aesthetically great.

Joëlle Jones ROCKS.

BANNED

I'm a little annoyed Selina and Bruce will be separated for a while regardless of which way the wedding goes...but the costume looks nice.