Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Hope Orlando can tell a good story even if he is on filler duty. Putting Artemis in the book and ditching Jason is a good first step in my opinion. I’m impatient to know who will be the new permanent team however.

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Hope Orlando can tell a good story even if he is on filler duty. Putting Artemis in the book and ditching Jason is a good first step in my opinion. I’m impatient to know who will be the new permanent team however.
    This sounds like Wonder Woman will finally become the adventurer heroine that Brian Azzarello tried to make her, ..who leads her friends on strange, perilous adventures in far-flung, magical places. She's always been a closer literary cousin to Lara Croft and Tom Strong, than to Superman. Hopefully, we'll get Etta back, and Artemis will stick around.

Getting Jason out of the comic, where other writers can develop him into a more formidable hero AND where he can finally become DC's 'Wonder Man' is exactly what needs to happen, here.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Diana is the beginning did take her friends are weird Adventures so She has Lara beat. I do wonder what kind of adventures would be epic

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I just hope Orlando will remember that that Wonder Woman already has supporting cast members even if they have no role to play in this story especially when writers had a bad habit of forgetting about already established characters. A short appearance is all I ask for.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    I just hope Orlando will remember that that Wonder Woman already has supporting cast members even if they have no role to play in this story especially when writers had a bad habit of forgetting about already established characters. A short appearance is all I ask for.
    I would take Etta and Artemis, as regular supporting characters in WW.

Diana comically playing den mother and referee, between these very forceful personalities, brings the fun factor back to the pages of WW, ..and the comic almost writes itself. As Etta's got the angry, tough woman thing pretty much nailed down, Artemis brings more of the same, but adds an Amazon, decidedly unlike Diana, to the regular cast; that, I like! I would prefer Mala to Artemis, but will take Artemis, if that's the most I can hope for adding another woman to the regular cast. Diana, with Etta, Steve, Artemis and Ferdinand isn't perfect, but could be interesting and is definitely an ensemble dynamic you could build stories and subplots around. The more I consider the narrative possibilities, the more I like. It feels like fun - ..and something we could get used to.

If only it weren't too good to be true.

Diana, with Etta and Artemis driving her nuts, while toppling lost empires and liberating subatomic universes, with Steve and Ferdinand in tow, is just too good to be true. It makes too much sense, as a premise for the WW comic. It's almost TOO easy to write. Too promising to attempt...

It will NEVER happen. If it ever had a chance, as an idea, it would have happened, already.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-22-2018 at 03:05 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I would take Etta and Artemis, as regular supporting characters in WW.

Diana comically playing den mother and referee, between these very forceful personalities, brings the fun factor back to the pages of WW, ..and the comic almost writes itself. As Etta's got the angry, tough woman thing pretty much nailed down, Artemis brings more of the same, but adds an Amazon, decidedly unlike Diana, to the regular cast; that, I like! I would prefer Mala to Artemis, but will take Artemis, if that's the most I can hope for adding another woman to the regular cast. Diana, with Etta, Steve, Artemis and Ferdinand isn't perfect, but could be interesting and is definitely an ensemble dynamic you could build stories and subplots around. The more I consider the narrative possibilities, the more I like. It feels like fun - ..and something we could get used to.

If only it weren't too good to be true.

Diana, with Etta and Artemis driving her nuts, while toppling lost empires and liberating subatomic universes, with Steve and Ferdinand in tow, is just too good to be true. It makes too much sense, as a premise for the WW comic. It's almost TOO easy to write. Too promising to attempt...

It will NEVER happen. If it ever had a chance, as an idea, it would have happened, already.
    I doubt Artemis would stay for long since she is a member of the Outlaws and may return once Orlando's run is over since she chose to stay with Jason Todd even though she had not real reason to be with him or in Gotham.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Hopefully the lost Amazon is Nubia.
    That would be GREAT.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Curious to see if Orlando has done his homework on Tezcatlipoca. IIRCC, he was portrayed as more of a snake god, which makes no sense. Jaguars are his thing.

Fun facts to look out for in this version.

1. "Tezcatlipoca," technically, is not a name. It's a title. It means something like "Lord." There are four Tezcatlipocas in Mexica lore: each one color-coded like Power Rangers. The god known only as Tezcatlipoca is "The Black Tezcatlipoca." He has no other name because the Mexica were so scared of him they didn't dare to name him.

2. Tezcatlipoca is associated with the moon and is known as "The Smoking Mirror." He was also known as a God of magic, the night, and the noble class. He was something like Odin in Norse myth: only Mexica nobles really worshipped him. The commoners didn't trust him.

3. Despite his dark and sinister nature, he still had his benevolent side too. The dude literally sacrificed one of his own feet in order to recreate the world after it was destroyed. (For, like the third time. Mesoamerican legend says this world is about the fifth version of the world to exist. )
    Interesting... Thanks for the intel Vanguard.

So the New Gods got it wrong with the Fourth World, we're actually in the Fifth World. No wonder Darkseid was so upset in the recent issues - he's an upgrade behind.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RepHope View Post
    Really? I doubt Artemis is going to be full time in wonder womans book when she is one of the main characters in another book and that book did all the heavy lifting character work to make Artemis work again.

I was hoping for a new creative team announcement with this. But that's ok, I like the sound and look of both of Orlando's issues. I might just start back reading WW with 51 and go from there.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

If it is Nubia, that likely means the next writer has plans for her. Definitely have to give credit to twitter for putting out a movement for DC to remember her.

I doubt Artemis would stay for long since she is a member of the Outlaws and may return once Orlando's run is over since she chose to stay with Jason Todd even though she had not real reason to be with him or in Gotham.
    As I said, I would prefer Diana's Amazon-in-waiting [Ha'ha!] was Mala, because I think Artemis and Etta, both brash and testy, are too much alike to create as interesting, a character contrast, ..as would Mala with Etta. I think Diana, with brash, scrappy Etta and terminally sunny Mala driving her up a wall, as supporting regulars (every or every other issue)...that would be HEAVEN! However, seeing as how WW presently has NO cast, at all, ..sure, sure...I'll take Artemis! I think a skilled writer could make a Diana-Etta-Artemis character dynamic interesting enough to be considered a classic cast, someday.

You bet I'll take Artemis. This Steve and his 'angel' thing is boring the hell out of me.

The WW cast needs at least TWO more regular women to not read like the superhero comic rip-off ..of I Dream Of Genie. Hopefully, WW #50 will show Jason's true purpose has always been to bring ETTA CANDY back to the comic! I almost don't care how you get her back, because she (or a character, like Zola) is essential to narratively humanize Diana - something Steve Trevor can't seem to do, ..except, when written by Greg Rucka.

So far, the Bat-books have swiped Artemis and I Ching, ..two GREAT supporting characters, created for use in WW. After a borrowed Nemesis almost married Diana in the pages of WW, I don't suppose it's so unfair. Just the same, considering that the WW comic is now under the editorial control of the Bat-editors, ..I think I see a pattern forming, here.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    As I said, I would prefer Diana's Amazon-in-waiting [Ha'ha!] was Mala, because I think Artemis and Etta, both brash and testy, are too much alike to create as interesting, a character contrast, ..as would Mala with Etta. I think Diana, with brash, scrappy Etta and terminally sunny Mala driving her up a wall, as supporting regulars (every or every other issue)...that would be HEAVEN! However, seeing as how WW presently has NO cast, at all, ..sure, sure...I'll take Artemis! I think a skilled writer could make a Diana-Etta-Artemis character dynamic interesting enough to be considered a classic cast, someday.

You bet I'll take Artemis. This Steve and his 'angel' thing is boring the hell out of me.

The WW cast needs at least TWO more regular women to not read like the superhero comic rip-off ..of I Dream Of Genie. Hopefully, WW #50 will show Jason's true purpose has always been to bring ETTA CANDY back to the comic. I almost don't care how you get her back, but,

So far, the Bat-books have swiped Artemis and I Ching, ..two GREAT supporting characters, created for use in WW. After a borrowed Nemesis almost married Diana in the pages of WW, I don't suppose it's so unfair. Just the same, considering that the WW comic is now under the editorial control of the Bat-editors, ..I think I see a pattern forming, here.
    Artemis isn't like the Golden Age Etta Candy since she's a lot rougher and has a chip on her shoulder though. I-Ching was swiped by the Superman office actually. And what pattern?

Artemis isn't like the Golden Age Etta Candy since she's a lot rougher and has a chip on her shoulder though. I-Ching was swiped by the Superman office actually. And what pattern?
    I Ching was in the Bat-books, during the '52, and I assumed he was still there. I didn't know he was currently in the Superman comics. That's even WORSE. That's REALLY depressing. I Ching was created for use in WW, ..a comic book with no identifiable supporting cast or rogues gallery ..that can't stop giving away good characters to comics that don't really need them! The WW comic has no ca-aa...why is it...I think I Ching, however infrequently we may enjoy him, belongs in the pages of Wonder Woman! I think he should be entrenched in the WW comic's mythos!

Considering the sorry state of the WW comic's non-existent cast, ..why stop with I Ching? His rich, good-looking, aristocratic grandson, Prince Ching, should become Steve's best friend ..or a rival for Diana's affections - maybe, both? Maybe, Etta Ching could become Wonder Woman's brash, portly, new, comedic sidekick! Why can't Chingtech loom over Gateway City, like the Daily Planet, does, over Metropolis? In my humble opinion, the WW comic's got no business giving away I Ching or any other character, until it makes better use of the characters, created for use in WW.

Sorry, but, I subscribe to the old adage that, "..when the cupboard's bare, we don't feed strays." Until, then, ..bring on the Candys, the Chings, the Psychos! Bring them and keep them!

Except for Jason, ..who I think would fair better, developed in another comic, like Justice League America or a rebooted Outsiders, ..where he doesn't pose a threat to outshining the lead. I'm really ready for the WW comic to let Jason get out there and expand the brand. Let him shine, elsewhere, as 'Captain Wonder' - he's already a captain, anyway! I don't see him having much of a chance to do that in the pages of WW, where, like Donna, ..he'd just be a lesser Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2018 at 06:38 AM.

Incredible Member

So, there's a place in the solicitations for #53, but the actual solicitation is the same as #52. Error, and there's only one issue of WW in August, just plain error and there are two issues of WW in August, or cover-up to hide info about the incoming team and there are two issues of WW in August?