Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I'm kind of interested in seeing Peterson do some more writing. I've been a fan of a lot of the stuff he's written in the past, from his fill in issue of Batgirl for Cass (starring Steph), to his Batgirl of the Beyond universe, etc. I'm...not excited about Long Ears again.

What is with Inaki Miranda getting Catwoman assignments all the time? I will say, they did an awesome job on the Tieri run (even if I found that run's writing boring, the art was phenomenal), but when they did the Catwoman guest star in Batgirl issue, it was back to Birds of Prey Death of Oracle horrifically sloppy looking art. Here's to hoping it's the former, and not the latter. (Also, I'm betting that Simone gives Selina a new sidekick besides Sylvester.)

Those Batgirl solicits feel like the arcs between Dixon and Simone's run on Birds of Prey, or Oracle the Cure, but in reverse. Where the former seemed to tease Babs getting her mobility back, these seem to tease her losing it again. Don't torment Oracle fans like this, DC!

DickBats and Lee Weeks. (And I'm pretty sure colors by Elizabeth Breitweiser!) That's really, really exciting stuff to look forward to for Batman! And it sounds like they might be on for more than just three issues!

Interesting to see Clock King again. I've really only seen him before in Deathstroke Rebirth, and I think that version died. I am very curious to see if Bennett puts Renee and Kate back together. That'd be a really interesting status quo...that sadly has nowhere it's going to be explored.

I think that Darwyn Cooke's costume could possibly be improved (but it would take a lot), but not really by what Jones has done here. Still excited about the run, though!

Stormy Petrel, eh, Deathstroke? That sounds like one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes references.

The Detective Comics plot, with using trauma to turn people into weapons, sounds a bit too much like Batman and Robin Eternal. Still hopeful, though. Interesting that they seem to be soliciting Mendonca for three issues. Given that they've already had to delay an issue because of the art delays, though, I'm betting a LOT that he's going to be replaced on at least once of those three, if not two. Bummer. I'm really not a fan of the way Tec has been passed from fill-in to fill-in. It's an A-list book, it deserves A-list artists in priority.

I'm so confused by Harley Quinn's schedule. But I'm still very interested by Humphries' idea. Sounds like the wackiness of Dixon's Birds of Prey only more.

Not sure what to make of Klaus Janson being credited on art for Nightwing. On the one hand, he'll mesh really well with Mooneyham. On the other...again. Not a fan of all the fill-ins and partial issues we're getting. I asked Percy on twitter about the Annual, and he said it's related but standalone. I like that. I really don't enjoy an Annual which is completely unrelated to the arc at hand. Though I also like Annuals which are used to complete an arc with an extra sized finale.

Speaking of art fill-ins...man. I'm really excited for more Silencer with an Annual and a regular issue, but...they need to stop the fill-ins. Bogdanovic is scheduled for four issues, which is great, but...c'mon. I'd like at least six months without having to switch around again. Heck. If they want to just start schedulling by arc, I'd be okay with it (they sort of did that with Batgirl for the first year). But the mid-arc or even mid issue switching just isn't fun.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

So Tynion's Tec run is over, and now Batwoman is canceled. This doesn't bold well for Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    So Tynion's Tec run is over, and now Batwoman is canceled. This doesn't bold well for Kate.
    There's still the mystery project with the "two Knights" and the fact that this newest solicit leaves things open for a Batwoman/Question spinoff. It's not worth being pessimistic yet.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I am very curious to see if Bennett puts Renee and Kate back together. That'd be a really interesting status quo...that sadly has nowhere it's going to be explored.
    It'll be a waste if it doesn't. It's been set up since the third issue of 'Tec, and this series really needs a hopeful ending.
    Last edited by Caivu; 05-21-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

So no Tim this month again?

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    So no Tim this month again?
    He's on a limbo vacation, lol

Thoughts:

- Interesting to see a 90's era Batman making a comeback, though it basically sounds like Scarecrow is trying to ape Bane's Knightfall plan.

- That Catwoman and Sylvester/Tweety story (complete with Black Canary)...I never knew I needed this in my life (also, Emmanuela Luppachino draws a stellar Selina) .

- Scott's Batgirl run is looking to go back to more serious stories compared to Burnside/Larson, complete with a return from James Jr. Now if only they could change her costume...

- Kind of random to see Bruce contemplating the violence of Batman now of all times, unless it's just an "act" as Bruce Wayne. Although the justification for his doubts sounds exactly like Spoiler's complaints about Batman.

- Batwoman's final issue sounds interesting, especially with Kate and Renee's relationship front-and-center, though it doesn't sound like much of a "grand finale" for the series as a whole.

- I wonder if the mob boss Catwoman works with to find the copycat is Black Mask? Although that may be too obvious.

- I knew that giant penny would come back to bite Batman...and the governemnt seizing Wayne Manor and Bruce's assets remind me a lot of the Batman Eternal status quo.

- The villain in 'Tec sounds like Psycho Pirate, who also fought the Outsiders in the Brave and the Bold cartoon. It also sounds like the new Outsiders are going to end up completely separate from Batman.

- Crud, they're still using "Orphan" as a codename for Cass .

- Harley's book still sounds as random as I guess a Harley book has to be now...

- "Willem Cloke?" Okay...although Dick teaming-up with Vicki should be interesting, especially since it's been forever since someone did anything with her.

- Batman vs. Red Hood? Jason and Roy back together? A lot going on there .

- "here’s a secret history to Bruce Wayne and the Silencer that complicates everything." Please don't be that they slept together, please don't be that they slept together...
    Kate doesn't strike me as a character DC will keep in limbo for long.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh, it is the same Grotesque from Simone's Batgirl
    Outsider tease continues
    Red Hood Arsenal yay
    I sniggered at Nightwing's first of the Dark Web three lieutenants. After that, there are probably four generals, two queens, before he can face the one god-king emperor.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 05-21-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Outsider tease continues
    Red Hood Arsenal yay
    I sniggered at Nightwing's first of the Dark Web three lieutenants. After that, there are probably four generals, two queens, before he can face the one god-king emperor.
    Sounds accurate, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kate doesn't strike me as a character DC will keep in limbo for long.
    Still, after these last two years for this to be the result. Its rather disheartening. Though to be fair i personally think Tynion and Bennett did sub par work with her. Nevertheless you'd think they'd have something.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-21-2018 at 08:09 PM.

Still, after these last two years for this to be the result. Its rather disheartening. Though to be fair i personally think Tynion and Bennett did sub par work with her. Nevertheless you'd think they'd have something.
    Neither of their work on her has been subpar. The issues with their writing has had little to do with Kate herself.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Outsider tease continues
    Red Hood Arsenal yay
    And then Nightwing was Bleach.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    There's still the mystery project with the "two Knights" and the fact that this newest solicit leaves things open for a Batwoman/Question spinoff. It's not worth being pessimistic yet.

It'll be a waste if it doesn't. It's been set up since the third issue of 'Tec, and this series really needs a hopeful ending.
    Well...remember last time we had a hopeful ending of the n52 run, with Alice as hero, and Kate having healed somewhat...and that didn't go well.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Well...remember last time we had a hopeful ending of the n52 run, with Alice as hero, and Kate having healed somewhat...and that didn't go well.
    Quite different circumstances there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Quite different circumstances there.
    How so, though?

How so, though?
    Her solo was really bad in the prior case, for one. And we got her in two series down the road, with things not greatly improving between her and Maggie. That last point isn't something that was ever teased, really; their breakup always seemed final to me.

Here, Kate and Renee has been subtly teased and set up for almost two years.