Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Still, after these last two years for this to be the result. Its rather disheartening. Though to be fair i personally think Tynion and Bennett did sub par work with her. Nevertheless you'd think they'd have something.
    Honestly, however one might feel about the direction taken with her, I'd say Tynion's use of Kate was much more favorable towards her then it was to Batman. So on that front, and just to get a well-publicized solo for her to begin with, I think things were pretty solid for Kate.

Although I guess it shows you where DC's priorities are that they cancel Batwoman's book but keep Batgirl going.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Honestly, however one might feel about the direction taken with her, I'd say Tynion's use of Kate was much more favorable towards her then it was to Batman. So on that front, and just to get a well-publicized solo for her to begin with, I think things were pretty solid for Kate.

Although I guess it shows you where DC's priorities are that they cancel Batwoman's book but keep Batgirl going.
    He was way more favorable towards her. I'd even say a lot of Tec' acted as a showcase for her more then any of the other characters. Doesn't mean his changes to her her mythos were any good though. Certainly they were not intentionally trying to hurt Batwoman though. Batwoman was getting a decent push with Rebirth. It just doesn't seem to have payed off.

And not necessarily.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 05-22-2018 at 12:09 AM.

I'm feeling a wonderful august coming : Red Hood confronting Batman, Bryan Hill Detective Comics, double Silencer in a month (even if the change of arts is unnerving!); Bludhaven being apparently really worked on in Nightwing... it should be great.
    Last edited by Korath; 05-21-2018 at 11:47 PM.

Fantastic Member

Maybe the secret of batman and silencer is she is Damians biological mom and not talia because they supposidly used a test tube to have him instead of the old fashioned way they used Silencers eggs instead of talia's. Would be a nice departure than saying deathstroke is the real father of damian. Only thing interesting is Nightwing the Silencer issues and the looney tunes crossover. Though that batgirl issue could be interesting if done right

I don't think that Batman and The Silencer's secret will be family related. Instead, I think they struck a deal and she killed someone even he couldn't get ride off somehow. Nothing concerning Damian, I hope. Or perhaps she offered something in exchange for setting up as a normal woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He was way more favorable towards her. I'd even say a lot of Tec' acted as a showcase for her more then any of the other characters.
    Oh, balderdash. No he was not. That's why he had her kill the biggest fan-favorite of the series, right? Because he's treating her with kid gloves? No.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

My eyes are drawn to the fact that Otto Schmidt is drawing Nightwing because hell yes. Glad he's doing some bat stuff.

The Batgirl solicits look better than they have in a while but why the hell is the chip still in canon? it's been proven it's been able to be hacked into and you're able to get into her head so as a superhero is somewhat a liability so I wish they just could have gone the physio or even the lazarus pit route if they want her to have the ability to walk. But yeah her costume needs an update. If they don't want to overhaul it because they want to keep the burnside iconography then fine but I wish if could be updated just a bit, it needs it.

Catwoman looks good. Will definitely give it a go especially with Jones' art.

Astonishing Member

Definitely the Adventures of the Super Sons and the DickBats issues.

BANNED

Getting the Hoods for sure!

Boy that Daffy & Joker cover looks...just weird. Off weird.

TEEN TITANS This character seems a funny villain
    DON’T LET THE PENGUIN DRIVE THE BATMOBILE HC.
    CATWOMAN/TWEETY AND SYLVESTER SPECIAL #1
    THE JOKER/ DAFFY DUCK SPECIAL #1
    BATMAN
    (maybe) Grayson Batman
    CATWOMAN 2
    DEATHSTROKE
    NIGHTWING
    (maybe)
    RED HOOD OUTLAWS Maybe the annual is my last issue, I saw Artemis with WW this month.
    Last edited by adrikito; 05-22-2018 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [B
    RED HOOD OUTLAWS [/B]Maybe the annual is my last issue, I saw Artemis with WW this month.
    It does sound like possibly a new outlaws team after 25 and the annual? Roy Harper back and who will be the third member?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Her solo was really bad in the prior case, for one. And we got her in two series down the road, with things not greatly improving between her and Maggie. That last point isn't something that was ever teased, really; their breakup always seemed final to me.

Here, Kate and Renee has been subtly teased and set up for almost two years.
    Ah, I was more talking about what's next for Kate. I agree pretty much that Renee and Kate are probably going to get back together (I'd say it's been teased since Elegy, through Convergence, and then Tynion and Bennett picked it up).
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Oh, balderdash. No he was not. That's why he had her kill the biggest fan-favorite of the series, right? Because he's treating her with kid gloves? No.
    Considering how the way it was written favored Kate's side of the issue more then it did Bruce? I would say to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Considering how the way it was written favored Kate's side of the issue more then it did Bruce? I would say to a degree.
    I think he had to write it the way he did, because if not, Kate would have been a murderer. That would have taken focus off the morality aspect of it.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

I think he had to write it the way he did, because if not, Kate would have been a murderer. That would have taken focus off the morality aspect of it.
    I get that, but the way it was written still seemed to come off more favorably in Kate's favor and her "side" then it did Bruce in my opinion.

Especially when it came to the Batfamily meeting that happened in the aftermath.