Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Silver Surfer Vs. Hal Jordan Green Lantern

They meet out in open space with the goal of saving their respective universe. Battle is to the death.

Da Rules

1) No Outside help

2) Scans must be used to prove claims.

3) Have fun.
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

Even if everything else were equal (its not) Surfer is still considerably faster than Hal. Fast enough to wear down his automatic defenses.

Edit: ....am I now trapped into posting scans proving "dude fast" as per thread rules? >_> Cause I could, but I'd rather not dig around lol

Double Edit just to be safe lol:
    https://goo.gl/images/B87PLM

There are a lot more examples but this is the most fun :P
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 05-21-2018 at 06:32 PM.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Even if speed were equalized Surfer just has greater oomph overall

Isn't Hal made up of pure Will Power now? Does that give him more of an edge?

Any scans proving Silver Surfer's Might?

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Even if everything else were equal (its not) Surfer is still considerably faster than Hal. Fast enough to wear down his automatic defenses.

Edit: ....am I now trapped into posting scans proving "dude fast" as per thread rules? >_> Cause I could, but I'd rather not dig around lol

Double Edit just to be safe lol:
    https://goo.gl/images/B87PLM

There are a lot more examples but this is the most fun :P
    Very nice post. Did not know Surfer was that fast. Thank you for providing the scan even though you didn't want to as well.

Can't Green Lanterns Teleport though?
    Idea's Open Discussion And Growth. Silencing Idea's Confirms Them To Be True In The Minds Of Those Who Hold Them. The Attempt Of Eliminating Idea's Proves You To Be A Fool.

The main issue is that Hal would need to be able to think as fast as the Surfer can move. Which he can't.

Physically speaking however, the Surfer is strong enough to manhandle Maestro, and beat Beta Ray Bill so bad, he has to apologize.

This isn't even getting into his energy manipulation, projection, transmutation ... he just outclasses Hal.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Wouldn't Silver Surfer get blocked by an Green Lantern Energy Shield if he tried to punch Hal?

Can't Green Lanterns Teleport though?
    They have to think to teleport. Which they are doing at normal human speeds as compared to Surfer's ridiculously FTL stuff

Isn't Hal made up of pure Will Power now? Does that give him more of an edge?
    idk about current Hal. In general though "regular" Hal without power ups isn't really at the same level as Surfer

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    Wouldn't Silver Surfer get blocked by an Green Lantern Energy Shield if he tried to punch Hal?
    Again that works only when he puts some thought /will into it. For which he has to think. Which he can't before Surfer ends it.

The auto defenses of GL cannot really withstand a blitz from Surfer. Also Surfer's main thing is energy projection. For which he has feats like accidentally blowing up the planet and the moons surrounding it as a side effect of his fights and emerging out of that unscathed. Hal Jordan doesnt really operate at that level

The Surfer's power

Last edited by The Dork Knight; 05-21-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Bleh. I hate to say this, but if you take current Hal and equalize speed it might actually be a fight. He's blowing up planets, beating Parralax Sinestro, and General Zod under two yellow suns.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsChi View Post
    I'm willing to concede that a properly fortified Hal could absorb some punishment, sure. It wouldn't hold. Surfer has crazy output. Besides, Hal wouldn't be able to create said barrier before Surfer had blitzed him. The speed disparity is really that grand.

If you meant the automatic shielding a Ring provides, while decent, its still not enough to absorb hundreds of planet annihilating energy strikes in the blink of an eye. No shame there of course, not much could!

I'm not sure what "made of will Hal" can do honestly. My argument is based on baseline Hal.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Bleh. I hate to say this, but if you take current Hal and equalize speed it might actually be a fight. He's blowing up planets, beating Parralax Sinestro, and General Zod under two yellow suns.
    Call for the Captain!

I'm not current with Rebirth. I knew about the Zod thing but assumed it was an outlier. Not the case?
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Call for the Captain!

I'm not current with Rebirth. I knew about the Zod thing but assumed it was an outlier. Not the case?
    I mean, they have been really dialing up the Hal wank to unheard of levels, saying he's better than all the other Lanterns, and having him generally smash limits. I don't think he's made of pure will anymore, but he does have a ring forged from his own will, which seems to be some sort of implied power up. Taking Parralax while he was being amped by a giant fear battery, matching speeds with light ray and outrunning the Omega Effect, blowing up War World in a conflagration compared to a super nova which John thinks would have killed any Lanterns nearby the planet.

The Zod thing was especially obnoxious because the rest of the Lanterns basically just stood around and watched Hal and Zod fight. This is after Kyle Rayner channeling Hal's will through Hal's ring had already been owned by Zod. It is really, really bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I mean, they have been really dialing up the Hal wank to unheard of levels, saying he's better than all the other Lanterns, and having him generally smash limits. I don't think he's made of pure will anymore, but he does have a ring forged from his own will, which seems to be some sort of implied power up. Taking Parralax while he was being amped by a giant fear battery, matching speeds with light ray and outrunning the Omega Effect, blowing up War World in a conflagration compared to a super nova which John thinks would have killed any Lanterns nearby the planet.

The Zod thing was especially obnoxious because the rest of the Lanterns basically just stood around and watched Hal and Zod fight. This is after Kyle Rayner channeling Hal's will through Hal's ring had already been owned by Zod. It is really, really bad.
    Do you have scans of any of this as proof?

I would like for this to be actual fair debate but without evidence it seems like it will be very difficult.

I would like to take this opportunity to link to another forum that contains a bunch of completely relevant to the conversation Hal Jordan scans.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...377463&page=39

My personal favorite is Hal Jordan vs The Sign.