Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Default Question about moving and packing collected books

Hey everyone. I know this was asked before but I forgot to write it down and I can't find the page now.

I'm moving but I need to take all of my books off my big Kallax shelves and box them up. What's the best way to do it without damaging the books and dust jackets?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Hey everyone. I know this was asked before but I forgot to write it down and I can't find the page now.

I'm moving but I need to take all of my books off my big Kallax shelves and box them up. What's the best way to do it without damaging the books and dust jackets?
    I just got a mahosive roll of bubble wrap, wrapped about 5 up at a time, real tight with plenty of tape and moved them like that

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

I usually use boxes from my office that the reams of copy paper come in. They're big enough to hold 8-19 omni's, but small enough so as not to break your back when lifting.

My last move was across the street, so I did everything myself and didn't really need to take any extra care. Previously, I stuffed bubble wrap between the books and the inside wall of the boxes; they arrived off the moving truck damage free.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    I just got a mahosive roll of bubble wrap, wrapped about 5 up at a time, real tight with plenty of tape and moved them like that
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I usually use boxes from my office that the reams of copy paper come in. They're big enough to hold 8-19 omni's, but small enough so as not to break your back when lifting.

My last move was across the street, so I did everything myself and didn't really need to take any extra care. Previously, I stuffed bubble wrap between the books and the inside wall of the boxes; they arrived off the moving truck damage free.
    Did you guys take the dust jackets off?
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by The Whovian View Post
    Did you guys take the dust jackets off?
    Nah, left them on

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Nah, left them on
    Same.

I figured the jackets are more likely to get damaged if I try to transport them off of the books.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nah, left them on
    Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    Same.

I figured the jackets are more likely to get damaged if I try to transport them off of the books.
    Cool, thanks guys!

How big a move is it Whovian? I'm currently going for leaving mine with my parents when I emigrate, the cost...
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Enigma View Post
    How big a move is it Whovian? I'm currently going for leaving mine with my parents when I emigrate, the cost...
    I'm just moving to a different house in the same city