Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    That was Lemire.
    My bad, I thought Soule had the first couple arcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    There were also some continuity issues. IE Cornelius turning up alive without explanation, and all of Yuriko's development post-DoW was ignored to stick her back in charge of the Reavers. His OML also relied on a LOT of forced logic (IE somehow Kate Bishop forgot in the space of about 20 pages that Logan meant to KILL everyone on his list, even though she clearly recognized it when the issue began, as an excuse to put them at odds in time for Steve to interfere).
    Yep Cornelius is something that bothered me, same thing for Cyber but oh well. About Yuriko and the Kate Bishop interactions that was Lemire not Soule though but yeah Kate might have been a little naive regarding Logan's intentions to kill and dismember anyone in his sight lol.

About Yuriko, eh she's crazy, I mean her feud with Logan never made any sense since the beginning. And I think I said it in another thread but the Legacy and Wolverines series were basically ignored by almost every writers so I'm not surprised she just wanted to kill Old Man Logan or OG Logan in Claws of the Killer.

I don't know what was the worst in these series the characterization especially Laura not helping Elixir while he was getting killed by Syphon or the fact that there were no consequences in the end. Laura and Creed still have their healing factor, they never tried to find Mystique for what she did to them and we never saw Laura putting on the Wolverine costume for the first time.

If I'm not mistaken only Daken losing an arm and Laura meeting Fang were referenced by Taylor, but beyond that these series were pointless so I'm not surprised both series were ignored by Lemire or other writers.
    Last edited by Hush; 05-23-2018 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hush View Post
    It wasn't bad at all, it was the first time in years that Wolverine felt like the character people used to love. He knows how to write Logan and he understands the character well.
    Death of Wolverine was disappointing because the pacing was off and because it was an editorial mandate "event", Marvel just wanted to kill Wolverine quickly that's why the ending was so rushed. The same thing happened with Death Of X and IVX, both mini reeked of Editorial's influence, I think even Lemire confirmed it recently.

His Old Man Logan wasn't bad either especially after reading the 3rd issue of Astonishing X-Men but the main problem of Soule is the pacing of his stories. When you look at his Astonishing X-Men, his big storyline could have been done in 7-8 issues, he didn't need to stretch it to 12 issues.

His Daredevil run had the same problem for a while but it's much better now, so I'm not worried about Soule becoming the writer of the next Wolverine serie. Also he managed to bring back this mysterious side of Logan, something that was missing for a while so I trust him to do well with the character.
    I just read his Death of Wolverine and i had to agreed, his Logan really feels like the guy from the Madripoor issues that i read recently, but yeah the pacing of his mini is off, it feels too quick and brief for the death of a long running characther, granted death is a joke this days for superhero comics, but a bit more of feeling would have been nice.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im glad we have a month revealed for Wolverine #1. I skipped the minis but will buy this one
    X-Men Forever

Quote Originally Posted by berserkerclaw View Post
    Im glad we have a month revealed for Wolverine #1. I skipped the minis but will buy this one
    We do? Link?

Extraordinary Member

So, I'm guessing from these solicits that they're killing off Daken again? Which leaves Sabretooth for the new series.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    So, I'm guessing from these solicits that they're killing off Daken again? Which leaves Sabretooth for the new series.
    It could be Deathstrike who doesn't make it. In either case, I don't see any of them staying dead. All of them are bigger name characters than to be killed off permanently in a mini series.

Plus, Daken is a Wolverine with tons of fans like the rest of them. So I think he's safe & will be around as long as Wolverine has been, and will be. Hell that brought Multiple Man back of all things. Daken sure as Hell won't stay dead. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-22-2018 at 09:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah, he's certainly not going to stay dead, but I can see him dying since it doesn't look like anyone has any plans for him.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    We do? Link?
    HUNT FOR WOLVERINE: DEAD ENDS #1
    CHARLES SOULE (W) • RAMON ROSANAS (A)
    COVER BY MARCO CHECCHETTO
    variant COVER by DALE KEOWN
    variant COVER by Olivier Coipel
    RETURN OF THE FANTASTIC FOUR VARIANT COVER BY STEVE MCNIVEN

THE HUNT IS OVER.

The hunt for Wolverine is over… Now the time has come to put the pieces together and see what was learned. Kitty Pryde, Daredevil, Tony Stark and Sabretooth may have found what they were looking for…but it wasn't what they expected. Where has Wolverine been? What has he been doing? And how does it lead into next month's WOLVERINE #1?

40 PGS./ONE-SHOT/Parental Advisory …$4.99

based on Solit Wolverine #1 is September 2018
    X-Men Forever

It is nice to have it confirmed that we'll be getting an ongoing... however obvious it was already.