Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

A new SP//dr story? Be still, my beating heart! I thought DC had a lock on Gerard Way ... maybe not so much that Young Animal is wrapping up.

Sooooo much good stuff coming out.

Definitely pulling:
    Daredevil
    Daredevil annual
    Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man
    Amazing Spider-Man
    Amazing Spider-Man Renew Your Vows (love this series!)
    Venom ( best relaunch I’ve read in a long time!)

Maybe:
    Fantastic Four ( I feel I really should get this)
    Web of Venom

Depending on how I like the first issue and want to stick with it
    Tony Stark Iron Man
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

BANNED

Thor #4
    Avengers #6
    Venom #5
    Marvel Two-In-One #9
    Darth Vader #19-20

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Wow, that's a hell of a big month. Man!!

The relaunch of FF is, of course, the crown jewel but there's a sh*t ton of exciting stuff coming in August.

Really looking forward to both Extermination and Infinity Wars. I think those are both going to be a lot of fun.

Also curious to finally find out what the Classified X-titles in the July and August solicits are. I would say it's tied in to the return of Wolverine but if so, why be so cagey about it when there's already four minis leading up to that and there's no attempt to hide the fact that Logan is getting a new solo in September?

I'm gonna say it's about the return of Uncanny X-Men but we'll see.
    I wish they’d say something; i’d like to know if this is a book i’d like to pick up.

Spectacular Member

Pulling:
    Infinity Wars #1 & #2
    Immortal Hulk #4
    Moon Knight #198
    Black Panther #3
    Domino #5
    Old Man Logan #45 & #46 - tbh I'm assuming this is gonna end at like #50 or something
    Exiles #6 & #7 - really not appreciating the random double shipping month here

Maybe
    West Coast Avengers #1 - Loved Hawkeye: Kate Bishop and Unbelievable Gwenpool. America Chavez was great in Young Avengers and Ultimates. I'd trade-wait it but books like these need the issue pre-orders.

Since Astonishing X-Men got a new writer and Peter Parker: Spectacular Spider-Man will have ended its first year of stories, I might drop both. I dig both series but I need my pull list cut down. Would definitely trade-wait Rosenberg's Astonishing X-Men run though. Not sure about PP: SSM. I really like Zdarsky's run but I'm not really invested in Spider-Man in general to bother following the trades if I dropped. We'll see.

Other comments:
    Edge of Spider-geddon sounds awesome. Spider-Punk? SP//dr written by Gerard Way and the creative duo behind The Dregs? Between this and Death of the Inhumans, the temptation is huge to add one to my pull list but I really can't. Should make for a great collection. And I guess Way's more free after DC's Young Animal line ended. I hope he does more Marvel work, imo Marvel is more supportive of that style of books.

Bryan Hill's writing Spider-Man Annual #1. If you look at his Twitter, dude's just the nicest guy. Getting to write Detective Comics and Miles Morales, that's pretty big. Regarding the solicit itself, is this supposed to be a backstory for Miles Morales set in the Prime universe? In general, I'm not interested in his upcoming work but wish the best for the guy.

I guess Daredevil, Moon Knight, and Spectacular Spider-Man are keeping their Legacy numbering? Makes sense, there's not really any grand change in story or direction to justify relaunching them like with Black Panther, Punisher or Thor.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

I am so excited for Slott's Fantastic Four.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

I have really lost touch with Marvel the last several years. The only thing here that I find exciting is "Iron Man" because it features Aaron Stack, the Machine Man! I love me some Machine Man...

I'll buy only X-men Red, X-men Blue, Domino, X-23, Ms Marvel, Champions and Mystery in Madripoor.

Little compared to the last few months. There does not seem to be many interesting things going on.

Fantastic Member

Is Domino now an ongoing? I could've sworn it was going to be a 5-issue mini but it doesn't say "#5 (of 5)" like you'd see for other minis.

Edit: Didn't realize Ariel Olivetti was doing art for Death of the Inhumans. That plus Cates has my interest piqued.

Edit 2: Bryan Hill writing Miles Morales sounds like something I'd like to see, even if it's just for the one issue.
    Last edited by soundsci; 05-22-2018 at 02:31 PM.

ASM 3 & 4 (or is it 804 & 805?)
    Venom 5 - issue 1 was just awesome.

Astonishing Member

X-23, red nn domino, maybe avengers. Looking like a light marvel month gor me.

Incredible Member Sensational C's Avatar

Fantastic Four #1 -feels great to have them back
    West Coast Avengers #1
    Wakanda Forever: Avengers #1
    Edge of Spider-Geddon #1&2 - So excited for more of SP//dr and her world.
    Avengers #6
    Captain America #2
    Immortal Hulk #4
    Amazing Spider-Man #3&4
    ASM: RYV #22
    Daredevil #606, 607 & Annual
    Marvel 2-In-One #9
    Marvel Rising: Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl #1
    Ms. Marvel #33
    Death of the Inhumans #2
    X-Men Red #7
    X-Men Blue #33, 34
    Exiles #6, 7

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Definitely
    ----------
    Daredevil Annual - Interesting concept for a story
    Daredevil 606 - What the flying ****? Also, I guess I have to read Weapon Lost.
    Daredevil 607 - What's the publication schedule for this book? It seems like randomly twice a month.
    Life of Captain Marvel 2 - I'm curious the best stories in the past that discuss Carol's family and childhood.
    Black Panther 3 - Feels very pulp sci-fi
    Death of the Inhumans 2 - Ouch
    X-Men: Grand Design - Second Genesis 2 - This is fun

Probably
    --------
    Avengers 6
    Hunt for Wolverine: Weapon Lost 4 - I hate that I have to buy this, but it's looking like I might.
    New Mutants: Dead Souls 6 - Sounds like another downer book.

Maybe
    -----
    Fantastic Four 1
    West Coast Avengers 1

I'll think about it
    -------------------
    Captain America 2
    Marvel 2-in-One 9 - The return of the FF makes this feel out of place.
    Marvel Rising: Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl - I didn't like the #0 issue, unfortunately, so I'm not likely to continue. But the characters are fun.

Random thoughts: X-Classified 2 - Glad all will be revealed in June.
    Marvel Universe by Frank Miller - Not sure I can afford $75, but damn this is tempting.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Lots of good stuff, but I'll just be getting Cosmic Ghost Rider.
    Pull List: Conan the Barbarian

Lots of interesting stuff, and plenty that I'd like to read after tradewaiting - but only three that I'm definitely picking up day-of:

Scarlet Spider
    Runaways
    Multiple Man

-Pav, who still wants a Midnight Sons follow-up to Damnation...

Edit: Y'know, I just realized that it was Runaways and Multiple Man that brought me back to comics after Byrne's Spidey run soured things for me; glad to have both of those titles back in action!
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details