Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Fantastic Four #1
    Cable and Deadpool Annual #1
    Tony Stark: Iron Man #3
    Marvel 2-in-One #9
    Hunt For Wolverine: Adamantium Agenda #4

It's nice that they are finally giving Riri her own armor, it's a pretty decent design that incorporates elements from your average Iron Man suit but is still distinctly not another Tony armor.

Lots of books for me!
    Captain America
    Thor
    Avengers
    Death of the Inhumans
    Venom
    Infinity Wars
    Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends
    Fantastic Four
    Extermination
    Daredevil
    Mystery in Madripoor
    Domino
    X-23.

Can't wait!

FANTASTIC FOUR #1

That’s it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have really lost touch with Marvel the last several years. The only thing here that I find exciting is "Iron Man" because it features Aaron Stack, the Machine Man! I love me some Machine Man...
    It is cool to hear Machine Man is back. Him and Tony have history.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Ms. Marvel, Champions, Marvel Rising and Exiles for me of course. I will also admit that the solicits of Spider-Geddon and Fantastic Four are piquing my interest.

Incredible Member

Fantastic Four #1
    Extermination 1 & 2
    Infinity Wars 1 & 2
    Hunt for Wolverine: Dead Ends
    Thor# 4
    Avengers #6
    Iron Man #3
    Hulk# 4
    Peter Parker #308
    Venom #5
    Cosmic Ghost Rider #2
    Daredevil #606,607
    Moon Knight #198
    Old Man Hawkeye #8
    Sentry #3
    Marvel 2 in One #9
    Death of The Inhumans #2
    X-Men Grand Design #2
    Astonishing X-Men #14
    Old Man Logan #45,46
    Star Wars #52
    Darth Vader # 19, 20

Marvel has won back quite a bit of my business so far with fresh start.

Mighty Member

he maybe they will do a one shot when the dead meat
    Wolverine talking to jean and mr x lets chat about how we died and are return

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    A new SP//dr story? Be still, my beating heart! I thought DC had a lock on Gerard Way ... maybe not so much that Young Animal is wrapping up.
    Eh... Gerard Way don't write the story, he just is mentioned as the character creator.
    On the bright side...
    Fantastic Four #1!!!!

Edit: Forget that. I checked. You were right.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 05-22-2018 at 05:02 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Eh... Gerard Way don't write the story, he just is mentioned as the character creator.
    On the bright side...
    Fantastic Four #1!!!!
    Gerard Way has a "with" credit along with the new writers, so I think he's collaborating, just in a less important role.
    Last edited by responsarbre; 05-22-2018 at 05:05 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Fantastic Four #1 is going to make it rreeeaaalllyyy hard for me to uphold my trades-only policy for Marvel books...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Fantastic Member

Fantastic Four
    Marvel Rising: Ms. Marvel/Squirrel Girl #1
    Domino
    West Coast Avengers

This looks good:
    FANTASTIC FOUR #1 FACSIMILE

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Only things I may be checking out is

Claws of A Killer. So far, it's decent in terms of the characterization. If it stays that way in chapter 2, i'll have some hope & keep reading.

Deadpool Assassin, and the new solo series. They both seem promising.

Exiles. Blink is great, but I didn't expect her to see Sabretooth any time soon, and that's always been my favorite relationship. And Morph is in the solicit, so apparently, he's not gone for good.

But those are the only things. It's an improvement over the last few months, since everything dragged. This'll be the most books I checked out in the last year.

The solicits for Weapon X sound great. But the fact that Pak is writing, gives no hope. The execution is gonna suck. The series had lots of good ideas, but they fall flat due to Pak's lack of good characterization & depth. He doesn't seem to wanna really get to into anything. It's just a run-of-the-mill action series about characters fighting or arguing rather than any deep connections, struggles, or motivations. None of the relationships have any depth to them. And if one of the new team members is Mystique, that's even more reason for me to never read it again -even for the art work, because I don't wanna see her paired up with Sabretooth again. That relationship is also one of the things that destroys their characters. lol
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 05-22-2018 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Only things I may be checking out is

Claws of A Killer. So far, it's decent in terms of the characterization. If it stays that way in chapter 2, i'll have some hope & keep reading.

Deadpool Assassin, and the new solo series. They both seem promising.

Exiles. Blink is great, but I didn't expect her to see Sabretooth any time soon, and that's always been my favorite relationship. And Morph is in the solicit, so apparently, he's not gone for good.

But those are the only things. It's an improvement over the last few months, since everything dragged. This'll be the most books I checked out in the last year.

The solicits for Weapon X sound great. But the fact that Pak is writing, gives no hope. The execution is gonna suck. The series had lots of good ideas, but they fall flat due to Pak's lack of good characterization & depth. He doesn't seem to wanna really get to into anything. It's just a run-of-the-mill action series about characters fighting or arguing rather than any deep connections, struggles, or motivations. None of the relationships have any depth to them. And if one of the new team members is Mystique, that's even more reason for me to never read it again -even for the art work, because I don't wanna see her paired up with Sabretooth again. That relationship is of the worst things that happened to both of them.
    I question how AOA Sabretooth is here at all considering that the last time we saw him, he was not only depowered but getting killed fighting those creatures that were locked away from the multiverse leading the AOA to be sealed off from the rest of the multiverse.

Thoughts:

- It's fantastic on all fronts to see the FF in solicits again, and it sounds like their return is going to be building on Marvel Two-in-One with Ben, Johnny, and Doom involved. And you can tell Marvel is invested in them with all those variant covers .

- Requiem kind of reminds me of Guillotine (y'know, that original character from Contest of Champions who went about as far as you'd expect a character like that to go).

- Looking at that WCA variant...when is Captain Britain going to shave? And Bobbi's domino mask makes her look a lot like Ms. Marvel era Carol. I'm glad Bucky isn't wearing his MCU mask.

- Looks like The Punisher is going supernatural again.

- I really don't care for She-Hulk's current non-costumed and overly Hulked out design.

- "Now un-sanctioned Captain America," so he doesn't have any kind of government backing? I don't think that'll bother Cap that much.

- So Tony is possibly going to wipe out all AI's on Earth? When did he become Remender's Hank Pym ?

- Looks like Quicksilver's gone back to his old costume (not that I'll miss the Stegman suit).

- Interesting new looks for Cho and Riri. Poor Sam though .

- An early meeting between Matt and Misty is interesting (I never even knew "Misty" was short for "Mercedes"), and Mike Murdock returns.

- Old Lady Kate has really aged gracefully.

- I wonder if Dr. Strange and his new female companion will hookup? Probably too obvious, but it's not like Clea's coming back anytime soon. Hopefully Waid's Strange isn't a horndog.

- Iron Man vs. Sentry should be interesting given Tony supported Bob a lot when he was alive before.

- I'm really kind of curious to see how Unbeatable Squirrel Girl plays with the thing with Kraven because, unless they ignore basically all of Kraven's actual comic continuity, Spidey has every reason (and justifiably so) to want to lock him up.

- Human Devil Dinosaur looks so adorable.