Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - Looks like The Punisher is going supernatural again.
    Don't think that's happening.

Seeking "otherwordly help" is a bit vague so it could mean a number of things.

Given the grittiness of Rosenberg's Punisher run so far, I don't think that when Frank lets go of the armor that he's going to "power up" by magical means.

But we'll see. Whatever happens, I trust Rosenberg to maintain the high quality of his run.
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 05-22-2018 at 08:42 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Fantastic Four #1 - Geez, that's a lot of variants for this. I guess it IS a special relaunch.

Exterminarion #1 & #2 - Not sure what to make of this event yet, but the covers are awesome.

Infinity Wars #1 & #2 - I rolled my eyes a little when they announced this 'cause it seemed so obvious to do an event like this the same year Avengers: Infinity War came out, but reading everything about it, it's growing on me.

West Coast Avengers #1 - I wonder if the variant cover with a bunch of characters is an indication of eeeveryone who's showing up in this? It's definitely... an interesting group of people, as random as it might be. I mean, Galactus?!?!?! Although I guess if you consider Galactus was a supporting character on a Squirrel Girl book, nothing's impossible.

Wakanda Forever: Avengers #1 - It'll be interesting to see T'Challa meeting Nakia after all this time. I wonder what are their plans for her in the MU after this, specially in light of her recent and very different live action counterpart.

Edge Of Spider-Geddon #1 & #2 - I'm not sure how necessary this event was... and the name is tacky as hell. But it features cool AU Spider-people, so why not? I love the idea behind the Spiderverse and all the different characters that came out of it (although I wish the Web Warriors ongoing had been better).

Thor #4 - Every issue, I get more and more excited for this book! I just love all of the concepts Aaron has been using so far. Thor and his siblings teaming up with the Valkyrior in a War from Hel sounds awesome.

Avengers #6 - Can whatever they're trying to do with Jen just... stop? She just looks more and more hideous every cover. It's not even a badass look like in the covers of Tamaki's run... it's just ugly and badly drawn. It's specially glaring to see her like this when we have other variant covers this month showcasing her as her normal self.

Champions #23 - So that's Amadeus's persona after his run as Hulk? I'm.... not sure how to feel about it. First of all: I can't stop thinking about Beast Boy, LOL. I was hoping for him to keep his normal look as standard and then use his Hulk tech to shapeshift into all kinds of monsters, in a very Ben 10 kind of way. Although I guess this still can happen... maybe they're really going for the Beast Boy theme here. As for Ironheart and her new armor: I'm so glad she got rid of the old one, 'cause it was way too Tony-like, and it's good for her to get out of his shadow. As for the new design itself... it's a lot more busy than I thought Riri would go for. But I'll give it a couple pages; I think it'll grown on me.

Spider-Man Annual #1 - Well, it's good to have some news on solo stories for Miles. I wonder if this has anything to do with a new ongoing for him?

Cosmic Ghost Rider #2 - Space Shark... sold.

Doctor Strange #4 - Are those Majesdanians in the back???? Sorry, I just get a little excited when books outside of Runaways acknowledge Majesdanians.

Marvel 2-In-1 #9 - So, I wonder what's in store for this book now that the FF is back? It seems like it'll deal with their return for a couple more issues, but I can't help but feel that it might get redundant at some point if they keep going for that angle. Maybe it'll just be a separate Ben/Johnny duo book going forward, and I'm fine with that.

Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur #34 - I see the cover artist has taken the approach to mix real life photography with digital art in recent covers, and I actually really like it. Also, Devil Dinosaur transmorphing into Devin Dinosaur? LOL, this looks fun.

Astonishing X-Men Annual #1 - That's a pretty cool team-up. Too bad adult Cyclops's not around to be a part of. Also, I low-key hope this leads to something more, but at the same time I do not think it's necessary to have another X-team book.

X-Men Red #7 - You know, I think the X-Men editorial really needs to stop with this bullshit act of putting repeated characters on the main roster of their teams. This is one of the things that keeps so many X-characters in limbo; they have so many books and so many opportunities to diversify their cast, and yet they keep choosing the same damn characters to be a part of their roster. All of that being said, at least we got a sick Storm redesign out of it.

X-Men Blue #33 & #34 - Time travelling stories for this group is really getting old at this point. I feel like Bunn is just walking in circles here.

Exiles #6 - AU version of the Brotherhood Of Evil Mutants sounds cool. Old West Pietro and Wanda look very cute.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-22-2018 at 10:17 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Don't think that's happening.

Seeking "otherwordly help" is a bit vague so it could mean a number of things.

Given the grittiness of Rosenberg's Punisher run so far, I don't think that when Frank lets go of the armor that he's going to "power up" by magical means.

But we'll see. Whatever happens, I trust Rosenberg to maintain the high quality of his run.
    We do see on the cover that Frank is heading into the subway. Those tunnels do lead to the monster city, which does sort of make sense. One can only imagine the sort of weaponry the monsters down there have control of. Plus Frank likely still has a degree of standing there from his time as FrankenCastle and it wouldn't be a bad place to regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Fantastic Four #1 - Geez, that's a lot of variants for this. I guess it IS a special relaunch.
    I'm sure if Thor's modern return by JMS had been done now it would have had tons of variant covers .
    Infinity Wars #1 & #2 - I rolled my eyes a little when they announced this 'cause it seemed so obvious to do an event like this the same year Avengers: Infinity War came out, but reading everything about it, it's growing on me.
    I'm really eager to see what Duggan has in store for the story. If anyone can make this blatant movie tie-in actually engaging and fun to read, it's him.
    West Coast Avengers #1 - I wonder if the variant cover with a bunch of characters is an indication of eeeveryone who's showing up in this? It's definitely... an interesting group of people, as random as it might be. I mean, Galactus?!?!?! Although I guess if you consider Galactus was a supporting character on a Squirrel Girl book, nothing's impossible.
    I took it to be characters who will either appear or are planned to appear, because I don't know why they'd feature those characters otherwise.

Wakanda Forever: Avengers #1 - It'll be interesting to see T'Challa meeting Naka after all this time. I wonder what are their plans for her in the MU after this, specially in light of her recent and very different live action counterpart.
    She's also popping up in the main Black Panther book (alongside M'Baku).
    Edge Of Spider-Geddon #1 & #2 - I'm not sure how necessary this event was... and the name is tacky as hell. But it features cool AU Spider-people, so why not? I love the idea behind the Spiderverse and all the different characters that came out of it (although I wish the Web Warriors ongoing had been better).
    I imagine this story will see a return from the Web Warriors (and maybe Anya coming back to 616).
    Thor #4 - Every issue, I get more and more excited for this book! I just love all of the concepts Aaron has been using so far. Thor and his siblings teaming up with the Valkyrior in a War from Hel sounds awesome.
    Is that Sif and Angela I see with the Valkyrie's? I hope Aaron doesn't write them like in that Thor: Tales of Asgard movie.
    Avengers #6 - Can whatever they're trying to do with Jen just... stop? She just looks more and more hideous every cover. It's not even a badass look like in the covers of Tamaki's run... it's just ugly and badly drawn. It's specially glaring to see her like this when we have other variant covers this month showcasing her as her normal self.
    Agreed...
    Champions #23 - So that's Amadeus's persona after his run as Hulk? I'm.... not sure how to feel about it. First of all: I can't stop thinking about Beast Boy, LOL. I was hoping for him to keep his normal look as standard and then use his Hulk tech to shapeshift into all kinds of monsters, in a very Ben 10 kind of way. Although I guess this still can happen... maybe they're really going for the Beast Boy theme here. As for Ironheart and her new armor: I'm so glad she got rid of the old one, 'cause it was way too Tony-like, and it's good for her to get out of his shadow. As for the new design itself... it's a lot more busy than I thought Riri would go for. But I'll give it a couple pages; I think it'll grown on me.
    Yeah, That Ironheart redesign looks like a pain to draw, so I'm not sure how long it'll stick around.
    Spider-Man Annual #1 - Well, it's good to have some news on solo stories for Miles. I wonder if this has anything to do with a new ongoing for him?
    Speculation is that the writer, Bryan Hill, will be taking over Miles' solo.
    Doctor Strange #4 - Are those Majesdanians in the back???? Sorry, I just get a little excited when books outside of Runaways acknowledge Majesdanians.
    Huh, now that you mention it...although it's probably too much to hope for a Xavin mention.
    Marvel 2-In-1 #9 - So, I wonder what's in store for this book now that the FF is back? It seems like it'll deal with their return for a couple more issues, but I can't help but feel that it might get redundant at some point if they keep going for that angle. Maybe it'll just be a separate Ben/Johnny duo book going forward, and I'm fine with that.
    Maybe it'll become a rotating team-up book again?
    X-Men Red #7 - You know, I think the X-Men editorial really needs to stop with this bullshit act of putting repeated characters on the main roster of their teams. This is one of the things that keeps so many X-characters in limbo; they have so many books and so many opportunities to diversify their cast, and yet they keep choosing the same damn characters to be a part of their roster. All of that being said, at least we got a sick Storm redesign out of it.
    Conversely it also lets characters stuck in sub-par books (Cough)Gold(Cough) get a chance in a better written series.
    X-Men Blue #33 & #34 - Time travelling stories for this group is really getting old at this point. I feel like Bunn is just walking in circles here.
    And Magneto has basically become the lead character again.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

No Moon Knight?

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No Moon Knight?
    Don't worry, Moon Knight's there. #198.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.

BANNED

Cable has been canceled. It's the only x-book I was really interested in.
    So...
    Fantastic Four #1
    Marvel Two-in-One #9
    Peter Parker The Spectacular Spider-Man #308
    Immortal Hulk #4
    Moon Knight #198

Black Panther is the same solicit from July. Anyone known what's up with that?

Astonishing Member

Fantastic Four#1.
    WEST COAST AVENGERS #1
    AVENGERS #6
    IMMORTAL HULK #4
    AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #3 & #4
    VENOM #5
    DOCTOR STRANGE #4
    SENTRY #3
    X-MEN: GRAND DESIGN - SECOND GENESIS #2
    TONY STARK: IRON MAN #3

Trade Waiting:

PETER PARKER: THE SPECTACULAR SPIDER-MAN #308
    OLD MAN LOGAN #45,46.
    X-Men Blue #33 & #34
    X-MEN GOLD #33 & #34.

Maybe:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #2
    DOMINO #5
    WEAPON H #6

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    We do see on the cover that Frank is heading into the subway. Those tunnels do lead to the monster city, which does sort of make sense. One can only imagine the sort of weaponry the monsters down there have control of. Plus Frank likely still has a degree of standing there from his time as FrankenCastle and it wouldn't be a bad place to regroup.
    Yeah, that could be - makes sense. Alien technology of some kind would be my guess but we'll find out for sure come August!

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - "Now un-sanctioned Captain America," so he doesn't have any kind of government backing? I don't think that'll bother Cap that much.
    The only thing bothering me about this Cap is that Mark Waid just had a happy sunny run. It seems to make more sense to directly follow Secret Empire with this run.

- Looks like Quicksilver's gone back to his old costume (not that I'll miss the Stegman suit).
    I'm glad. His iconic costume is one that is too iconic.

- Human Devil Dinosaur looks so adorable.
    I hadn't paid attention to that solicit, but that's great.

Speaking of cool covers, I really like that Spectacular Spider-Man cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    More importantly, Marvel wants it to look like a success, so there are about as many variant covers as possible for the speculator market.

I've liked the build up but, to be honest, I don't think I can afford it. This is the first event I feel I can trade wait on, so I might end up doing that.

My impression is it'll be a separate Johnny/Ben book or maybe return to the original format of Ben + someone else. Obviously, it's also got a different author. I wouldn't be opposed to a Ben and Dr. Doom book. But it's hard to not feel it as slightly redundant all things considered.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Black Panther is the same solicit from July. Anyone known what's up with that?
    Cop out answer, but it's likely because the book got delayed - most likely due to Acuna's art. The weird thing is it's not double shipping to make up for that.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    No Moon Knight?
    Quote Originally Posted by nickytesla96 View Post
    Don't worry, Moon Knight's there. #198.
    Speaking of Moon Knight, if anyone hasn't been checking out the current run, give it a shot.

I think it's one of the best books out there but, for whatever reason, doesn't seem to generate a lot of talk on these boards.

With #200 fast approaching, I imagine these next few issues are going to be especially cool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The only thing bothering me about this Cap is that Mark Waid just had a happy sunny run. It seems to make more sense to directly follow Secret Empire with this run.
    To a point, I agree that makes sense. But I feel like Waid's run still fits into continuity while having an "evergreen" flavor to it that will make it a perennial trade favorite.

Also, I think we needed a bit of a breather between two intense runs. I think it's easier to be excited for Coates' run now having had this brief respite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, that could be - makes sense. Alien technology of some kind would be my guess but we'll find out for sure come August!
    I am a huge fan of FrankenCastle and I think the underground monster city is one of the more interesting and under used concepts ar Marvel. And I'm a fan of anytime Morbius might show up. So this could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I am a huge fan of FrankenCastle and I think the underground monster city is one of the more interesting and under used concepts ar Marvel. And I'm a fan of anytime Morbius might show up. So this could be fun.
    Yeah it was cool to see Duggan use it in Deadpool.. but I agree. I enjoyed FrankenCastle too and would love to see Monster Metropolis again