Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default The Flash War Part 1 (spoilers)

This was a fun, but not particularly surprising issue. I don’t think many readers thought that Wally’s kids wouldn’t be the primary motivation behind his grudge against Barry.

I am sure the more zealous Wally fans will take issue with him being portrayed in a less heroic light than Barry, but with all the temporal shenanigans wreaking havoc with Wally’s mind, his unhinged behavior makes perfect sense. However, we’ll see if this continues.

Personally, I think everyone would have preferred if Wally, Linda and the kids had simply been allowed to headline the Speed Force book like Johns originally planned prior to the New 52, but I think most everyone will be happy by the end of this and we’ll have everyone back the way we want them, with NuWally filling Bart’s spot while he goes back to being Impulse.
    Last edited by Bored at 3:00AM; 05-23-2018 at 05:05 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Just based off clues not in the book, but by interviews and tweet by writers, I am going to guess Wallly won't end up getting his kids back and will go a bit crazy at the end leading to him being King's Sanctuary storyline.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Just based off clues not in the book, but by interviews and tweet by writers, I am going to guess Wallly won't end up getting his kids back and will go a bit crazy at the end leading to him being King's Sanctuary storyline.
    Sounds like the worst case scenario...meaning there's a pretty good chance it's what DC's gonna go for.

I think the only way that works is if it is Wally and Linda’s own choice to allow their own children to be erased from history because reversing it would cause the destruction of the Multiverse or something equally dire. Otherwise, it would fundamentally and irrevocably diminish them in my mind. Frankly, I am already pissed by how little they’ve done with Linda in the first place.

When this going to be officially announced? I'm actually curious about it and I think it suit King's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Sounds like the worst case scenario...meaning there's a pretty good chance it's what DC's gonna go for.
    I would agree. I don’t see think readers want to see Wally & Linda turned into grieving parents. That level of tragedy is simply not suited to characters as light-hearted as The Flash. Aquaman and Mera were stuck in a misery spiral for decades following the death of their child, I don’t want to see that happen to Wally & Linda.

After this issue and the four characters Zoom claims are stuck in the Speed Force, I have a feeling that Bart and Max will come back during this story, The Amount of hints at Bart recently havent exactly been subtle

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    After this issue and the four characters Zoom claims are stuck in the Speed Force, I have a feeling that Bart and Max will come back during this story, The Amount of hints at Bart recently havent exactly been subtle
    6* Max, Bart, Jesse (there is a statue of her), Jai and Irey. And of course Jay, who has been showed in the button.

But yeah, Bart got hinted pretty hard since the annual and in the solicitation there is an HC books of his run by Waid. So I hope that's mean he is back.
    Favorite characters:
    5 DC- Roy Harper, Donna Troy, Helena Bertinelli, Dinah Laurel Lance and Big Barda
    5 Marvel- Jean Grey, Richard Rider, Natasha Romanoff, Clint Barton and Angelica Jones

Pull List:
    X-Men Red, X-Men Blue, Old Man Hawkeye, Marvel Two-in-One, Aquaman, Mister Miracle, Mera Queen of Atlantis, The Terrifics and some more.

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

This.

If Rogues War was about saving the Twins, the more I think about it and the more I'm sure Flash War is going to doom the twins.

At this point, I 'd prefer Wally never escaped the Speed Force ...

Quote Originally Posted by Dethi View Post
    6* Max, Bart, Jesse (there is a statue of her), Jai and Irey. And of course Jay, who has been showed in the button.

But yeah, Bart got hinted pretty hard since the annual and in the solicitation there is an HC books of his run by Waid. So I hope that's mean he is back.
    Jay (and possibly Jesse) will be with the JSA but the Earth 2 Jay may be in the next arc with the Council of Flashes in the House of Heroes.

Jai and Irey are probably not coming back

I think Bart is the most likely but Max was meant to be back ages ago. Williamson originally planned to reintroduce him in ‘Lightning Strikes Twice’ so I’m not counting him out- especially with his connection to Bart

1. UGHHH!!!!!!! I DETEST THIS IDEA!! That is infuriating.

2. How have some of you already read this issue? When do your comic shops open?
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Wally West Aficionado Spider-Ham's Avatar

You can read it on ComiXology if you really can't wait ^^

I really feel like Wally is being turned into a strawman in this story for the sake of conflict but honestly? He is STILL on the right side. I would also destroy Speed Force if it meant old gang was coming back. At least Wally isn’t acting selfish here.

Hopefully the kids are not coming back and Wally is headed for King’s series. I trust King when it comes to second generation.

Quote Originally Posted by Waterfall View Post
    I really feel like Wally is being turned into a strawman in this story for the sake of conflict but honestly? He is STILL on the right side. I would also destroy Speed Force if it meant old gang was coming back. At least Wally isn’t acting selfish here.

Hopefully the kids are not coming back and Wally is headed for King’s series. I trust King when it comes to second generation.
    Cosodering everything that he went throught, i think that his attitude is understandable, in spite of not being the most heroic.

Mighty Member

I doubt it based on the solicitations honestly. We already saw that 45 was very different than solicited and that was the conclusion to the Perfect Storm Arc. 51 has been solicited as dealing with the heavy fallout of Flash War. So I wonder if that means it will really deal with the fallout, but happier fallout, not dour fallout. We'll see.