View Poll Results: What did you think of this issue?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 12.50%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

4 16.67%
  • ★ ★ ★

6 25.00%
  • ★ ★

7 29.17%
  • 4 16.67%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #47 - Discussion & Spoilers

I struggled to make this thread because this issue was just an utter waste of time. But here we go:

Wonder Woman fights Supergirl and eventually beats her in one of the dullest superfights I've read.

Jason meanwhile chats with the Fates who tell them the Dark Gods are already here, and that the armor was meant for Diana but was given to Jason after Zeus died (I honestly forgot he died). So now Jason has the ability to channel all the abilities of each individual god, like the super speed of Hermes.

He meets up with Diana and just as the story seems to be getting at least remotely interesting, Diana is summoned by the Star Sapphires away. Monoliths depicting what I assume are the Dark Gods are in the sky and ready to strike but it's up to Jason to save the day.

It seems like Robinson is just trolling us at this point; the Dark Gods confrontation is going exclusively to Jason while Diana is off on a Star Sapphire mission that nobody asked for.

Even the art felt weak for me this issue. So yeah, I have nothing good to say about it. Except seeing the Fates was nice, I guess?

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

I didn't think this issue was all that bad honestly. But to each their own but I get the impression Dian will be back based on Robinson's final issue to deal with the final blow to the Dark Gods. I actually liked how the Star Sapphires came out to get Diana though as stated below maybe it could have been done better. Robinson needs to try and plan more he does show that he does have that spark that made him a writer but he's not learning from his mistakes well.
    Last edited by The Dying Detective; 05-23-2018 at 09:33 AM.
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Always Rakzo

This would have been fine if it wasn't for that plot twist about Diana going to space with the Star Sapphires that pretty much came out of nowhere and broke the whole flow of the story. There were better ways to execute the upcoming story in the Annual but as it was, it was simply poorly handled.

Good art at least.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I guess that settles what super hero name Jason gets since he is pretty much all The Olympian gods rolled into one.

So Jason is basically Captain Marvel but without the ability to multi-task.

Honestly I kinda like the guy and hope he sticks around. The Supergirl fight I liked but it was too short. Some other details, like the Fates multiple forms, were a nice touch. Overall it was okay.

WHY would the gods assume Jason is the champion and not Wonder Woman? I don't get this.

BANNED

The Sapphires should've come when she was fighting Supergirl since that fight was anti-climatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I struggled to make this thread because this issue was just an utter waste of time. But here we go:

Wonder Woman fights Supergirl and eventually beats her in one of the dullest superfights I've read.

Jason meanwhile chats with the Fates who tell them the Dark Gods are already here, and that the armor was meant for Diana but was given to Jason after Zeus died (I honestly forgot he died). So now Jason has the ability to channel all the abilities of each individual god, like the super speed of Hermes.

He meets up with Diana and just as the story seems to be getting at least remotely interesting, Diana is summoned by the Star Sapphires away. Monoliths depicting what I assume are the Dark Gods are in the sky and ready to strike but it's up to Jason to save the day.

It seems like Robinson is just trolling us at this point; the Dark Gods confrontation is going exclusively to Jason while Diana is off on a Star Sapphire mission that nobody asked for.

Even the art felt weak for me this issue. So yeah, I have nothing good to say about it. Except seeing the Fates was nice, I guess?
    Nobody asked for Jason either, but here we are. So I guess I'll just wait for Robinson to finish this run before I jump back on. With any luck Jason will be long dead by then.

Thanks for willing yourself to make the discussion Nyssane. I need to download and read the issue, but I'm glad to hear Diana didn't get the armor. We all know what happens when Diana gets armored up - it rarely looks great design-wise.

Maybe Jason will get gone soon and we can give the armor to someone else. Interesting that he accepted the armor knowing it was for Diana. I'll have to read it and see what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Thanks for willing yourself to make the discussion Nyssane. I need to download and read the issue, but I'm glad to hear Diana didn't get the armor. We all know what happens when Diana gets armored up - it rarely looks great design-wise.

Maybe Jason will get gone soon and we can give the armor to someone else.
    Interesting that he accepted the armor knowing it was for Diana. I'll have to read it and see what I think.
    Since other parts are already spoiled; the armor was designed to only be owned by 1 person. Once they put it on (if forcibly, in Jason's case), it's theirs. The Fates themselves said that early on.

Honestly, not sure why people are expecting a major fight between a mind controlled Supergirl and Diana trying to restrain her without hurting her. Though I get the feeling that, had it been an actual fight, there still would have been backlash that Diana beat up a 16 year old. I didn't hate the chapter. Was it perfect? No. But it wasn't terrible either. Jason admits he's a screw up and has issues, wanted to turn the armor over to Diana (until the Fates said that would be impossible), and wants to help his sister how he can.

Why should a character we just meet be al the gods roll up in one? I don’t hate Jason but we really should be given that to Diana. Also Jason could be connected to the Dark Gods. Maybe a bridge? I do wonder despite his training how will he stack up to the threat

Well that was boring. Really disappointed in Robinson. This is his last arc and it looks like he's going to end like he began: weakly.

Initially, Diana had the powers of some of the gods from their gifts.

Along comes the brother who now has all of them from armor meant for her, and now it's his armor for life?

Yes, Zeus clearly wanted a man to have this, so the gods, who had named Diana their champion in Rucka's run, ignored all of that and gave it to the man in the family.

Stupid.

And how did he go from being a lost kid to being someone who knows how to summon/meet with the fates? And what happened to Glaucus?

I'm sick of so much of the page-time in this book going to a character who makes no sense and who I don't recall anyone asking for who, for all intents and purposes, is more powerful than the woman the book is supposed to be about.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaelforce View Post
    Initially, Diana had the powers of some of the gods from their gifts.

Along comes the brother who now has all of them from armor meant for her, and now it's his armor for life?

Yes, Zeus clearly wanted a man to have this, so the gods, who had named Diana their champion in Rucka's run, ignored all of that and gave it to the man in the family.

Stupid.

And how did he go from being a lost kid to being someone who knows how to summon/meet with the fates? And what happened to Glaucus?

I'm sick of so much of the page-time in this book going to a character who makes no sense and who I don't recall anyone asking for who, for all intents and purposes, is more powerful than the woman the book is supposed to be about.
    Well Glaucus set them up to meet him.

I think the issue was enjoyable. I don’t think Diana needs a suit from the gods to grant her gifts. She already have gifts from them. If Diana would’ve gotten the suit it probably would’ve been an issue. Hence Finch’s run.