View Poll Results: What did you think of this issue?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

3 12.50%
  • ★ ★ ★ ★

4 16.67%
  • ★ ★ ★

6 25.00%
  • ★ ★

7 29.17%
  • 4 16.67%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

While I'm thrilled to see Diana use the Golden Lasso as her primary weapon again, ..it appears that same Supergirl battle, which was epic enough to make the cover, was nothing, but a throwaway. Seriously...Diana throws Kara around for a few pages, after which she leaves her napping on a skyscraper. No chat, no comparison of life challenges or professional stuff. Kara meets lasso, nap-time for her, and that's it!

I'm convinced Jason will be a DC Direct action figure, before the end of the year, ..but, he needs a cool superhero codename and a ticket OUT of this comic! With his elemental powers, he'll have his own DC fanbase and writers standing in line to use him in stories, ..in Supergirl, Justice League, Green Lantern, Aquaman...Titans! So, while Jason looks like the male Wonder so many of us say we've been waiting decades for (especially, us 70s TV show fans), ..it seems the longer he hangs around, the smaller, more redundant and less impressive he appears.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-23-2018 at 08:08 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well Glaucus set them up to meet him.
    Good point. Just seems like Glaucus is a rather heavy handed plot device in this story. He's rescued last issue then disappears this issue, but not before it's revealed that he and the Fates go way back (yet they played no role in Jason's history that's been mentioned) and arranged a lunch meeting. He's a random immortal who Hippolyta just happens to know 'by reputation' despite the 'no one who leaves the island can return to the island' rule with no real explanation given as to how/why the two would know each other or talk with one another (Amazons keep themselves separate from men...except this one you've never heard of before now)

He's there as a plot device to raise Jason before mysteriously disappearing 'like he does from time to time,' yet Jason suddenly knows he's not off wandering the globe but has been kidnapped and held by the bad guys that somehow Jason knows how to find.

All so Glaucus can arrange a meeting so Jason can get handed the goofy explanation for how/why he has the armor.

Like I said, way too much page-time dedicated to this poorly written brother.

I liked the part where Supergirl laser eyed a building. I guess she's in jail for murder now right? Yeah, we know she was under some pagan influence, but no one else does nor do I think that can be proven.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well Glaucus set them up to meet him.
    It raises the question, "Is Glaucus Zeus or maybe, even Queen Hippolyta?"

Yeah, yeah...we all saw Darkseid appear to kill Zeus, but, Zeus has appeared to die, before, ..only to show up, elsewhere, hale and hearty. So have all of the Greek gods, ..as not one of them, who's ever died, had stayed dead. Furthermore, Zeus may have disguised himself as Glaucus (1) to raise Jason, knowing Hippolyta would never trust him with the job, ..and (2) hoping not to not draw Hera's attention to Jason, in his divine form. That said...

Zeus might be Glaucus.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Quote Originally Posted by Cerulean Scarab View Post
    So Jason is basically Captain Marvel but without the ability to multi-task.

Honestly I kinda like the guy and hope he sticks around. The Supergirl fight I liked but it was too short. Some other details, like the Fates multiple forms, were a nice touch. Overall it was okay.
    I'm guessing that makes him Captain Wonder then lol.

Also since Wonder Woman is in space is this suppose to be apart of the No Justice thing I heard about?

Spectacular Member

I think this issue is the most interesting one of Robinson
    Art is good
    The ending is so funny. Diana just disappear when the Dark god is standing before them and leave jason to face alone. Hahaha

Never expect the annual issue will connect to main issue directly

Spectacular Member

How comw zeus create a armor that can only use one power a time?
    Or did Hera behind this?

The over-selling of Jason in WW #47 and previous issues makes it very easy to forget the WW comic's other hee-uUUGGGE problems. Here's a comic that, after seventy-plus years, has NO classic cast and virtually NO established rogues gallery, almost no continuity and no format! That's not the problem, here, though...it's Jason, who showed up (like) five minutes ago! He's the problem. Unfortunately, because of the ham-handed way he's being written, it's way, WAY too easy to just scapegoat him for everything!

I'll be the first to say Jason is sucking up panel-time that should be Etta's or Diana's, ..but, I don't think he's the root of all problems in this comic. The WW comic had problems you could drive a truck through, before Jason arrived. It will have those same problems, when he's gone.

Furthermore, I don't think liking Jason makes us bad fans, either. I think fans can like Jason and cheer on the idea of a 'Mister Wonder' fighting beside his sister! I think we can like him, hope he kigs'azz in WW #48, ..without betraying Wonder Woman and our fellow Wonderfans.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I thought this issue was pretty good. I'm a bit disappointed that we didn't see more of God Watch but the fight with Supergirl was cool and it was nice to finally find out where Jason got his armor.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    It raises the question, "Is Glaucus Zeus or maybe, even Queen Hippolyta?"

Yeah, yeah...we all saw Darkseid appear to kill Zeus, but, Zeus has appeared to die, before, ..only to show up, elsewhere, hale and hearty. So have all of the Greek gods, ..as not one of them, who's ever died, had stayed dead. Furthermore, Zeus may have disguised himself as Glaucus (1) to raise Jason, knowing Hippolyta would never trust him with the job, ..and (2) hoping not to not draw Hera's attention to Jason, in his divine form. That said...

Zeus might be Glaucus.
    Here's the thing:

1. In regards to Robinson's run, the focus of his stories has been firmly on Jason, which makes him, imo, the biggest flaw in the current run.
    2. I think Rucka spent a year re-establishing Diana's cast, origins, and villains quite nicely only to have the next writer throw it out the window. That's been an ongoing problem with the book for decades.
    3. The idea of a male cast member in the Wonder family is awesome. The execution by Robinson has been terribly written and has dominated the book far too much. Imagine this many issue where Supergirl or Damian Wayne was taking up this much page time in Superman or Batman. When supporting cast are introduced in a book, they usually aren't the central focus i.e. we tend to see them through the eyes of the main character. Robinson makes me feel like I'm reading two completely separate titles in one book because the point of view shifts between two characters.

Though he's fruit from the daughter of Zeus poisoned tree I'm warming up to Jason. I can see him as a viable but not valuable member of the Wonder Woman Family. The next time there's a mega threat where all the members interact (which will probably be never) he can have a seat at the table. I'd like to witness him with Cassie, Donna and Artemis and how they compare and contrast as Lieutenants in Diana's army. DC seems intent on giving us a male analogue to Wonder Woman and he's a better fit than past attempts. Mostly that's because of his design (the black hair, blue eyes, long eyelashes) and Wonderriffic armor make him reminiscent of his sister.

Spectacular Member

I can't remember the last time we see cassie in WW book

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    I can't remember the last time we see cassie in WW book
    It was Gail's run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    It was Gail's run.
    Ten years ago?omg

Quote Originally Posted by hkgkindaichi View Post
    Ten years ago?omg
    Yep, we need a WW event like Death of the Family or Court of Owls with Kobra instead. There are more than enough Wonder related characters to keep it interesting.